Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell Co
100.00%
Adair Co
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Co @ Adair Co 10/28
The Laker's wrap up their regular season with their annual home/away game vs neighboring rival Adair Co. The Indian's have had a much improved year compared to the past few. However, the Laker's are coming in with what may be their best team ever.

Who wins? Why?

Also, there have been discussions of moving this game to Lindsey Wilson College. Has anyone confirmed whether this will happen or not?
Adair County will be without a few of their best players including their running back Thompson. Britt could go for 200 before half time. The JV should get a lot of playing time for the Lakers!
Lakers 56 - Adair 0

The last I heard the game will be played at ACHS.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Adair County will be without a few of their best players including their running back Thompson. Britt could go for 200 before half time. The JV should get a lot of playing time for the Lakers!
Lakers 56 - Adair 0

The last I heard the game will be played at ACHS.

Yeah, I had heard that a couple of their players had gotten tossed during the last game. I was hoping they would get to play this game at LWC so they could get a chance to play on turf.
Someone from ACHS wanted to make sure that the Seniors got to play their last game on their home field. After friday night I am not sure they will feel the same way.
Russell County wins this one with a running clock.
Will RC play their good players or rest them for the playoffs
former Wrote:Will RC play their good players or rest them for the playoffs

I would imagine that they will play most for a couple of drives both ways, but then substitute out some. I wouldn't expect any of the starters to play beyond half unless absolutely necessary to get the win.

I would love to see a game focused on pass first. Just to get some more throwing reps, etc.
laker20 Wrote:The Laker's wrap up their regular season with their annual home/away game vs neighboring rival Adair Co. The Indian's have had a much improved year compared to the past few. However, the Laker's are coming in with what may be their best team ever.
Who wins? Why?

Also, there have been discussions of moving this game to Lindsey Wilson College. Has anyone confirmed whether this will happen or not?

Really????

Are they better than the undefeated team in '83 that won their sub-district, defeated both Boyle and Danville along the way but lost in the district title bout to Somerset I believe?

Though records wouldn't indicate it, the '79 team went on quite a roll and won their first district title, only to lose by a point in the Regional Final to Corbin.

Is this Laker team as good as the Ron Finley squads?
Sorry, Laker, after re-reading my first post it sounds condescending. My fault.

I merely wonder how it stacks up with those teams I mentioned or the type of teams that Ron Finley regularly put on the field.
laker20 Wrote:I would love to see a game focused on pass first. Just to get some more throwing reps, etc.

That would not surprise me at all!
Hatz Wrote:Sorry, Laker, after re-reading my first post it sounds condescending. My fault.

I merely wonder how it stacks up with those teams I mentioned or the type of teams that Ron Finley regularly put on the field.

Those were great teams. Hadn't heard them mentioned for a while.:pondering:
Russell County should win this one easily.
Hatz Wrote:Sorry, Laker, after re-reading my first post it sounds condescending. My fault.

I didn't take it as condescending at all. The truth of the matter is, I'm not familiar with the Lakers prior to 88. I know Coach Finley had some very good teams at Russell Co and later at Campbellsville College, but I'm not sure you can compare the teams of the 80's with this team. That's why I say 'may be the best team'. I guess it depends on how far we can make it in the playoffs.

I do know that this team has the possibility of being the absolute best Laker team since I've lived in Russell Co. Only 2-points separate them from a perfect season. Of course this team will continue on into next year because all of our skill players are Sophomores and Juniors. So, I'd expect next year to be our best chance of going deep into the playoffs.
laker20 Wrote:I didn't take it as condescending at all. The truth of the matter is, I'm not familiar with the Lakers prior to 88. I know Coach Finley had some very good teams at Russell Co and later at Campbellsville College, but I'm not sure you can compare the teams of the 80's with this team. That's why I say 'may be the best team'. I guess it depends on how far we can make it in the playoffs.

I do know that this team has the possibility of being the absolute best Laker team since I've lived in Russell Co. Only 2-points separate them from a perfect season. Of course this team will continue on into next year because all of our skill players are Sophomores and Juniors. So, I'd expect next year to be our best chance of going deep into the playoffs.

:Thumbs:

Those Russell County teams were good but more tough and power football based. Not much speed but the '83 team had some very good quickness in the backfield.

Finley was a great coach and I've always respected what he did down there.
Fox16 Wrote:Those were great teams. Hadn't heard them mentioned for a while.:pondering:

It's because I'm old and many on here are not. Confusednicker:
Russell Co. 49-7.
Lakers win big
Hatz Wrote::Thumbs:

Those Russell County teams were good but more tough and power football based. Not much speed but the '83 team had some very good quickness in the backfield.

Finley was a great coach and I've always respected what he did down there.

Finley was a great coach but an even greater role-model. He coached Russell Co to 3-district championships ('79. '83, and '84). In 2009, Both Campbellsville and Russell Co named there facilities after Coach Finley, who passed away shortly after in October '09.

http://russellcounty.net/archives.php?su...m=&ucat=3&

http://www.campbellsvilletigers.com/article/528.php
RC by 23
Russell County easily.
Going to be a foul weather game tonight. Got to love Football.
Russell wins by a lot
Russell Co