Top five...who they play for

1. Pikeville
2. JC--Phelps--SV--ER
"ladycard32/23" Wrote:#15 from sc for sure
Most DEF!
1. Neely PHS
2. Gina Hall SV
3. Conley ER

These are the only true catchers in the 15th!
"snoop" Wrote:1. Neely PHS
2. Gina Hall SV
3. Conley ER

These are the only true catchers in the 15th!
#15 from sc is a true catcher there not anyone who put more hart in the game
I think Punky from Maggoffin Co is outstanding at catcher she is by far the best in the 15th region. But the Robinson gurl from sheldon is a good one to i have watched her play since she first started and she has devoleped alot i think shell be pretty decent this yr.
There are girls that play in programs like ER, Pikeville and Valley that have never caught a game in their lives, but could probably outcatch anyone in any other district!!! Not trying to be cruel, just that those girls know more about the real game of fastpitch softball. I would love to see the whole region get focused as these programs!!! It takes a total commitment that most don't want to put the time in!! But if they would, the 15th could be as strong as any region in the state. There is potential at every school.
Punky may not be the best but she is one of the best in the region and has the potential to get even better. She improved so much from her 7th to 8th grade year and will only be better this year.
right on guru.and all these coaches need to join the coaches association so they can vote on all state and east west all star players.this is the only way they can be nominated.each member coach can nominate 3 players and any and all players that qualify for academic all-state.
For these girls to see top rate competition, they need to be involved in a top notch traveling team. It creates humility, you think you're good at your school then you go out and find how much work you really need
I don't care what anyone says Nikki R. from SC sure has "THE TALENT"!
"ballfan87" Wrote:For these girls to see top rate competition, they need to be involved in a top notch traveling team. It creates humility, you think you're good at your school then you go out and find how much work you really need
we don't have any traveling teams but i know 1st hand my cuz went to the LL world searise but lost out in the 1st round these teams that get to play all there life are better hear we don't have a summer leuge to keep in shape for the school softball but nikki was one of the grils that got to play sence they were little she played asa and is a good ball player
"schssoftball" Wrote:we don't have any traveling teams but i know 1st hand my cuz went to the LL world searise but lost out in the 1st round these teams that get to play all there life are better hear we don't have a summer leuge to keep in shape for the school softball but nikki was one of the grils that got to play sence they were little she played asa and is a good ball player

True Dat!

Nikki ROCKS!
"schssoftball" Wrote:she is good but is she as good as nikki she is just a 10 grader
Bryanna is just a 9th grader
Ya know IDK why we ask stuff like we do on BGR cause everyone is always for their school and you are never gonna' get the facts unless someone gives you stats. We all like to talk about our team and its fun, but we never know until the game time starts! I can't wait till this season starts and we really get to see if what every one says is the truth. No offense to anyone, but we all know its the truth. Good Luck to ALL!
the catcher from AC # 23... I think her last name is Dingus....She seems pretty good...she was on the all tournament and ditrict her 8th grade year....pretty good for her first year playing high school softball.
[quote author=eddballer link=topic=19626.msg205796#msg205796 date=1141696970]
the catcher from AC # 23... I think her last name is Dingus....She seems pretty good...she was on the all tournament and ditrict her 8th grade year....pretty good for her first year playing high school softball.
[/quote]

yeah she would have to be good if thats the case
[quote author=schssoftball link=topic=19626.msg188954#msg188954 date=1140387234]
it between #3and#15 on schs
[/quote]

In the region?

Sam Neeley, Pikeville.
[quote author=The Guru link=topic=19626.msg202261#msg202261 date=1141364560]
There are girls that play in programs like ER, Pikeville and Valley that have never caught a game in their lives, but could probably outcatch anyone in any other district!!! Not trying to be cruel, just that those girls know more about the real game of fastpitch softball. I would love to see the whole region get focused as these programs!!! It takes a total commitment that most don't want to put the time in!! But if they would, the 15th could be as strong as any region in the state. There is potential at every school.
[/quote]

He's correct. I've seen Pikeville's Emily Colvin catch a few times when Neeley was hurt, and she's probably one of the top five catchers in the region even though she's Pikeville's shortstop.
There are so many Catchers in the 15th region that gives 110%, there's not much more you could ask for...Personally, Punky from Magoffin County is one of the top notch catchers....she's only a freshman and look what she's already accomplished....Nikki Robinson from SCHS would have to be another one of my picks because she is ready to play every game like it was her last, diving for foul balls and throwing people out...Shelby Valley's catcher would have to be in my top three because of the talent she had shown last season protecting the plate and the way I hear it she has already improved  :1:
Yes I tottaly agree that all of those players really do give it 110%, but I would have to say that Nikki Robinson gives 135%...lol! But she really does. When game time starts it all about Nikki! She is prepared to do all she can do to give the lady cards a winning season!