Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many on here played?
How many of you on this site actually played football in high school and at the collegiate level?
When you added the college level, that really limited the field.....LOL
I would say that about 8 out 10 football poster's,on this site,played in high school.But that's JMO.
I play Highschool football right now Haha
^that would seem like a good number, im one of the two lol
2 of 2 here.
I played
AC86 Wrote:I play Highschool football right now Haha

not the only one lmao
I have played . And was a coach for fourteen years .
Played in High School. Had a small college offer, went and visited then decided I would go on to UK and become just a college student. Do not regret the decision to not play.
Interesting question curious as to what you are looking for.... I played High School
and Freshman yr under Coach Taylor at EKU. To take it one step further, I was looking
at 17 scholarships and for whatever reason decided to walk-on at EKU (stupidity). Go
for the scholarships...
State champ eons ago
State runner up before that
Played x4 years Division 1 NAIA in a state so cold I have yet to return in 33 years.
Both high school and college for me. Not much playing time in college, special teams was my main stay there but did get a full ride.
I never played.
played HS..state runnerup
hawg laig Wrote:Played in High School. Had a small college offer, went and visited then decided I would go on to UK and become just a college student. Do not regret the decision to not play.

Played high school, supposed to play small college, chose to go to UK instead. Quit after a semester and regret it to this day not playing Naia ball. Did get to coach DIII.
Played and coached at both levels.
Played HS ball in southeastern KY (Class AA) and FCS (i.e., 1-AA) in college.
I played for Bill Tom Ross, back in the day...
4 years at belfry, two years at morehead when they were in the ovc
MADJACK75 Wrote:4 years at belfry, two years at morehead when they were in the ovc
my highschool coach was dick roddy
4 year starter in hs, 2 year starter in college only played those two years.coached hs on & off since 95, son is a d1 player , was top 5 overall in state.
High school, yes. Seriously considered playing at EKU but ended up going to D1 colleges, so no to the second question. But tore up intramurals in college.

Kind of makes me like Al Bundy.
Neither my High School or College even had a football team to be on. Graduated from Buckhorn High School and Alice Lloyd College.

This makes my 2nd year teaching in the Breathitt Co school system so I have had to catch on quick to football since I have been here.
Altro Cat Wrote:Neither my High School or College even had a football team to be on. Graduated from Buckhorn High School and Alice Lloyd College.

This makes my 2nd year teaching in the Breathitt Co school system so I have had to catch on quick to football since I have been here.

Reminds me of some of the PCC fans who graduated from Dilce Combs. Dont ever sit around them at a football game, or you will feel dumber when you leave.
Just dont yell random penaltys, or football sayings and you will be alright.
Played 2 yrs in HS and then went on to play 4 yrs in college
4 years of high school.
+2 years of college.
+Blown out knee.
=A consistent member on BGR who thinks he know more than he really does.

^
Story of my life BTW.
4 years high school
3 Years College Marshall
Played high school at Covington Holy Cross
Played college at Kentucky State

I loved every minute of it, but not a big fan of sounding like a bowl of rice krispies every time i get out of bed
I played 3 yrs at evarts. Finished 4-7, 4-7, 6-4. Great memories, comroderie among all involved. We played Cumberland the yr they played Paris on the carpet. Needless to say we lost big 41-14. The next night we went to c-town and shot the bull in the pizza hut parking lot.