Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Middle School Running Backs
cobra67 Wrote:Yeah we do. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he drive himself to the game?I'd be proud of that too

Not unless they changed the laws and you can drive when you are 14. He is fifteen now.
JJ always was a tough kid, small but strong. A standout in football? Probably not, depends on opponent. Why isn't Hunter James ever mentioned? Turner O'Brian? Chandler Shepherd? Wade Skaggs? BJ Jarrell? Ramsey Compton? Blake Bradley? These kids have proven over and over that they are on the field to play ball-
dirty dawg Wrote:JJ always was a tough kid, small but strong. A standout in football? Probably not, depends on opponent. Why isn't Hunter James ever mentioned? Turner O'Brian? Chandler Shepherd? Wade Skaggs? BJ Jarrell? Ramsey Compton? Blake Bradley? These kids have proven over and over that they are on the field to play ball-

Good point dirty dawg. They are all exceptional players. Turner O'Brian has a lot of speed and is hard to catch, Hunter James can find a hole anywhere, BJ Jarrell is an explosive player, Chandler Shepherd is just simply amazing. But lets not forget the boys on the front line that make it possible for them to do the things they do.
Your'e right-the offense could do nothing without the defense and those boys always make a point of "thanking" the blockers-
Never overlook Brody Preston, Cole Cyrus, Landon Copley, Jacob Holbrook and the others I can't think of on the line

Great Group of kids on this team!!:Cheerlead
HazzBeen Wrote:Not unless they changed the laws and you can drive when you are 14. He is fifteen now.
If he is 15 now that would make him 16 as freshman,17as soph, 18as a jr., 19as sr. If I,m not mistaken Oct. 1 is the cut off day for turning 19 your sr yr and still being able to play so he could possible lose his sr yr.if he already turned 15 in the 8th.
Kentayvus Hopkins ran for 350+ against Mason Co.
This thread is from 2006.
Has one of the best middle school running backs in the state,
theres alot of talent with #9 Kentayvus Hopkins, #32 Marcus champs, and #11 Nate stevens.
BelfryBuck Wrote:If he is 15 now that would make him 16 as freshman,17as soph, 18as a jr., 19as sr. If I,m not mistaken Oct. 1 is the cut off day for turning 19 your sr yr and still being able to play so he could possible lose his sr yr.if he already turned 15 in the 8th.

You are mistaken...its August 1st.

If you turn 19 after August 1 of your senior year you are eligible to participate in all sports.
Clark Middle had a great rb named D'MORTON this kid was very fast and strong. He also won High School player of the week while playing at the MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL.
thetruth12 Wrote:Clark Middle had a great rb named D'MORTON this kid was very fast and strong. He also won High School player of the week while playing at the MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL.
That would be impossible unless he wanted to sacrifice his senior year of elgibility.:confused:
Jshort5 Wrote:That would be impossible unless he wanted to sacrifice his senior year of elgibility.:confused:

KHSAA says your eligibilty starts at 9th grade.. if you are 8th grade and play up on varsity, then you add a year of eligibility. A 7th grader playing up on varsity in basketball gets 4 years at their 9th grade plus a year for every year of middle school they play up... I think that if you are in the 8th grade and play up and fail a year you can not play another year as the same grade.......
From what I understand,, this is the rule.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I do not think you can play varisty football or soccer unless you are a 9th grader or higher. You can play freshman and I think JV but no varisty time. That is the whole Dennis Johnson rule.
Devon Turner-Fairview
Caleb Bentley-Lawrence County
Cody Watts-Ashland
Slater Swift-Ashland
Evan Yongue-Ashland
Austin Hunt-Russell
#23 (unsure of name) East Carter

I would like to see someone start a thread about all-purpose players. That would be interesting to see.
BruteForce01 Wrote:Sf had some real good ones, D'ante and Desmon or something like that...they were quick and good...WHo do you think was good

Ryan timmions #5 for the elkhorn elks with 31 touchdowns and 12 INT best middle school running back
BruteForce01 Wrote:Sf had some real good ones, D'ante and Desmon or something like that...they were quick and good...WHo do you think was good

MCMS has very good backs walker crase#19 and joe holbrook#12
Johnson County Middle has had a lot of good backs in the past. I remember they went like 5 or 6 years without even losing a game in the early 90's.