Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Middle School Running Backs
no, most of these posts are talking about this year.... so let's stick to what we know about this year....
Looked to me like Pikeville has a couple... there are a couple of kids from Phelps that can run strong when they get good blocking (#25, #10).... who else?
Mine is this years... what do you think 95?? I know you know the ones I mentioned!!! Smile
I'm dealing with this year.... why talk about the past, its pointless....
Who are pikeville's backs?
Houston McAnallen for one, and the Dillon kid, I believe his name is Nathan, is another.... they can run all over anyone!
PHS95 Wrote:Houston McAnallen for one, and the Dillon kid, I believe his name is Nathan, is another.... they can run all over anyone!

I thought he was in High School now?
which one?? Dillon or McAnallen???
Mcanallen is now in high school why is everyone talking about last year?
I was just replying as to whom or should I say which one was he/she (alfus21) referring to!!
not that im tlaking about the whole post. everyone they are talking about is in HS
I heard that elkhorn's starting running back has a broken bone and is out.
Jacob miller is a powerful back.. Knott county middle school teams
Cody reynolds(paintsville),daniel harmon(pikeville), and quirvon merchant(pike central) all of these kids were dominate in middle school and all of them from virgie, if they would have stayed with SVHS they would be an hell of a backfield to have on your team.
yeah virgie wins it all every year it seems like and still doesn't go all the way in high school. they should try to maintain their kids.
PHS95 Wrote:Houston McAnallen for one, and the Dillon kid, I believe his name is Nathan, is another.... they can run all over anyone!
houston is now a freshman who starts varsity, and the dillon kid i have no idea who he is. and i am around pikeville football everyday.
Dylan Maldanoda and Casey are both 2 really good runing backs for betsy layne
keene from pikeville is great along with mims at FB.
I think Jesse Rose from Powell County is a stud..Had about 200+ yards and 4 touchdowns against McNabb Middle. He can run, throw, and lay u out. He will be a player to watch in high school...Remember the name
That boy from p-burg last year was awsome cause he could play ofense and play deffense
Travis Edwards and Patrick Cooper from Russell's 8th grade team. These two may be the next thunder and lightning combo. You will be hearing about them in couple of years.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Chase Adams from Whitesburg blows all away..And for those who seen him play and made you pay...you should remember him. I know Pi keville/Belfry does!
Yeah we do. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he drive himself to the game?I'd be proud of that too
cobra67 Wrote:Yeah we do. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he drive himself to the game?I'd be proud of that too

LOL I saw that!! Dont know who it was but I saw that :lmao:
if a kid is driving to a middle school game, he should be turned in, for the age limit.. i thought it was 15
FBALL Wrote:Travis Edwards and Patrick Cooper from Russell's 8th grade team. These two may be the next thunder and lightning combo. You will be hearing about them in couple of years.
I know COOPER......, on the 6th grade team yesterday I saw the SKAGGS kid for the first time since he has never played football before. MAN OH MAN what a runner. I heard that he had 2 touches the first game and 2 TD, The first time he touched the ball yesterday he scored from 75 yards out. Man child on the field. Mac Boggs is not as fast but the same size as Skaggs but Mac is only 10 this year and will play 6th next year. Mac Is another kid you will be hearing alot about. He is over the weight limit for JFL this year weighing in at 135 pounds as a 10 year old but he is 5'8" tall. Heis going to be a beast too.:devilflam
What about JJ jude?
Devilologist Wrote:I know COOPER......, on the 6th grade team yesterday I saw the SKAGGS kid for the first time since he has never played football before. MAN OH MAN what a runner. I heard that he had 2 touches the first game and 2 TD, The first time he touched the ball yesterday he scored from 75 yards out. Man child on the field. Mac Boggs is not as fast but the same size as Skaggs but Mac is only 10 this year and will play 6th next year. Mac Is another kid you will be hearing alot about. He is over the weight limit for JFL this year weighing in at 135 pounds as a 10 year old but he is 5'8" tall. Heis going to be a beast too.:devilflam

I won't comment on anybody below 8th grade. Even 8th and Freshmen are too early to call for me. To many variables. Some kids mature faster than others, some have a late growth spurt, some have a terrific work ethic and want to get better, some don't want to work to get better, some get burnt out on a sport.

Skaggs is a terrific athlete for a kid that young but he definitely has the pedigree. Mac is a great kid. But who knows about any of them at that age. The kid that sits at the end of the bench in 6th grade might just end up to be an all state player in high school.

Dude, you really need to go see Edwards play.
I really need to get out there and watch their games...... Hard to miss practice to it though.
Old school Dawg Wrote:What about JJ jude?

I watched him play Thursday against LC's 7th grade team. He looked very impressive on both sides of the ball. He has a lot of speed.
FBALL Wrote:I won't comment on anybody below 8th grade. Even 8th and Freshmen are too early to call for me. To many variables. Some kids mature faster than others, some have a late growth spurt, some have a terrific work ethic and want to get better, some don't want to work to get better, some get burnt out on a sport.

Skaggs is a terrific athlete for a kid that young but he definitely has the pedigree. Mac is a great kid. But who knows about any of them at that age. The kid that sits at the end of the bench in 6th grade might just end up to be an all state player in high school.

Dude, you really need to go see Edwards play.

All very good points FBALL. You bring to my mind current and past players that fit each variable.

I will make it a point to go to go watch Edwards play. His big brother Chad graduated with honors from the school of hard knocks. The Edwards kid may be motivated by his big brothers "Big Ring". I hope my younger son will be motivated by his bigger brothers ring one day. But, I'm still waiting.........