Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
69.23%
Russell
30.77%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Raceland 10-28
Let the trash talk begin.
You walk loud and carry a big spoon my friend!!! Good luck Friday and praying for no injuries!
Raceland will make it four years in a row with the victory this year
FBALL Wrote:Let the trash talk begin.

Sounds like your asking for it. Then you'll start complaining about it. Can't wait for the complaints on the size of the stadium. The carpet in the corners of the endzone. Fire truck sirens. Parking. Refs. on and on and on and on...... But in the end it's all about what the teams put on the field.
RAMS +10.
The defense of the devils won't be able to slow down the RAMS offense enough to get the win. Should be a great game. I love this rival.
Looks like you took care of it for me.

Silly little Ams.
FBALL Wrote:Looks like you took care of it for me.

Silly little Ams.

Score Russell 1
RAMS 1
DAY 1
You lil evils!
Ivan will go to the spread again this week to have any success. It will come down to who has more heart and less turnovers. I will take the RAMS by 20 because no team has more heart and mental "TUFF" nes!
Proud ram fan, I was looking forward to seeing Fball's comments! You take all the fun out of it! Now how can I attack him? Shoot.
Raceland by 15
I have to go with the mighty RAMS. Raceland-40 Russell-6
that's right Wrote:Ivan will go to the spread again this week to have any success. It will come down to who has more heart and less turnovers. I will take the RAMS by 20 because no team has more heart and mental "TUFF" nes!
Proud ram fan, I was looking forward to seeing Fball's comments! You take all the fun out of it! Now how can I attack him? Shoot.

Go ahead and attack. I will still be gracious when the evils leave the octagon victorious.
It's just hard for me to attack Russell or Fairview to hard because they have a lot of really good kids on their teams! I give fairview a hard time about outside area kids playing on their team but I am just jealous because they do a better job at it! People give the Turner kid a hard time, but he is a great kid and has respect for everybody they play at least they don't get punks in their program.
If Russell decides to hang on to the ball instead of giving it away as a gift then they will win by a touchdown. They have to quit turning the ball over!
I saw the article in the Ashland Daily Independent where Ivan chose to go to the spread this past Friday and put his QB at WR. Why? From the stats, Russell is running for over 300 yards a game. How will moving your QB to WR stop the Devils from fumbling the football?

Seemed a tad desperate to me. I'm sure this post will be seen as trying to inflame Devils fans, but honestly I am just looking for a justification/explanation? From everything I gathered, Russell could move the football at will, just has had the turnover bug. Am I wrong?
PaytoPlay Wrote:I saw the article in the Ashland Daily Independent where Ivan chose to go to the spread this past Friday and put his QB at WR. Why? From the stats, Russell is running for over 300 yards a game. How will moving your QB to WR stop the Devils from fumbling the football?

Seemed a tad desperate to me. I'm sure this post will be seen as trying to inflame Devils fans, but honestly I am just looking for a justification/explanation? From everything I gathered, Russell could move the football at will, just has had the turnover bug. Am I wrong?

It's not inflammatory. Honestly and with no disrespect to East Carter, I think it was more just some experimentation with a new wrinkle than a change in Philosphy. It gives the option to get Googie the ball in space and provides just a little more diversity to keep defenses honest. Last Friday just provided a chance to work on it in game conditions.
I sorta figured as much FBall but wanted to get a real take from you or one of the other good Russell fans on here. It is sorta like when Belfry throws 8 times against Lawrence. Everyone starts going nuts about how "we can pass if we want." Yet in close games, Haywood runs his bread and butter and plays it close to the vest.

I imagine Ivan will do the same when the game is tight. IMO though, the thought it sound and could work if you have the guts to do it when the stakes are high.
Raceland - 42
Russell - 13
Russell - 28
Raceland - 12
PaytoPlay Wrote:I sorta figured as much FBall but wanted to get a real take from you or one of the other good Russell fans on here. It is sorta like when Belfry throws 8 times against Lawrence. Everyone starts going nuts about how "we can pass if we want." Yet in close games, Haywood runs his bread and butter and plays it close to the vest.

I imagine Ivan will do the same when the game is tight. IMO though, the thought it sound and could work if you have the guts to do it when the stakes are high.

Yeah, you can bet that Coach McGlone is not going to be throwing the ball 25 times a game. But it's nice to have that option if you need it.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah, you can bet that Coach McGlone is not going to be throwing the ball 25 times a game. But it's nice to have that option if you need it.

So,,,, you are saying that Russell will take this game with no problem then, They can beat us with the run and not pass the ball, since you say that you all will not need it. Interesting philosphy???? My prediction is that Russell will show up on our field and play football. They will run the wing-T and I hope we can stop them. I just know that the game is going to be a good one. See you all at the game and good luck!
Ram-Fan Wrote:So,,,, you are saying that Russell will take this game with no problem then, They can beat us with the run and not pass the ball, since you say that you all will not need it. Interesting philosphy???? My prediction is that Russell will show up on our field and play football. They will run the wing-T and I hope we can stop them. I just know that the game is going to be a good one. See you all at the game and good luck!

I'm pretty sure I didn't say any of that but I like the way you think.

Evils 100
Ams -4 (a point deducted for each missing corner)
They should just go ahead and give us that railroad.....cho-choo train.....hardware trophy or whatever it is now. or the all mighty great and powerful Rams will take it by force!
Raceland by 20
Raceland 33 Russell 18

Then, Russell will have to get ready for Western Hills in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.....Looks like it will be 2 losses and home for the holidays for the mighty Red Devils....Confusednicker:
Raceland.
Massey has it this way:

Russell-34
Raceland-20
old_school_hero Wrote:Raceland 33 Russell 18

Then, Russell will have to get ready for Western Hills in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.....Looks like it will be 2 losses and home for the holidays for the mighty Red Devils....Confusednicker:

Keep dreaming we will see ya in Garrard County....
they won't have to give the Rams the rail city trophy, they have had it for three years or FOUR years now!:trolldad2:
Anyone know what that smell is over in Raceland?
that's right Wrote:they won't have to give the Rams the rail city trophy, they have had it for three years or FOUR years now!:trolldad2:

Well if Russell does win it back it will need to be disinfected to get all the bull crap off of it.
Jeepman Wrote:Well if Russell does win it back it will need to be disinfected to get all the bull crap off of it.

Give it a break! It's Ram crap!