Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A district 5 and 6
Tommy2tone Wrote:I wouldn't bet on that.

I would have to agree. The past 3 State Championships where also said to be blowouts. The East side won them all, but not without a tuff close fight from the west teams.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Bolin has more completions than Mann has attempts. That's all I need to know about that.

Mann has Nick Britt at running back.....He doesn't need to throw the ball as much as Bolin.
Knox is going to have a hard row to hoe, going to Boyle, this Boyle team has only lost to 3 of the top 15 teams in the state. they say Boyle is down I just dont think so. If Knox can play to their full poten, then I think that it could be the best game in the first round of the playoffs, but if not it wont be a happy day in Panther Nation
The top three teams from district 6, Rock, Russell and Knox, will not be intimadated by any team they will face in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. LexCath and Boyle are good teams with some good atheletes but the district 6 teams are well coached, hard nosed and all three teams have a shot at winning the regional title...Each District loss by these three teams only made them hungrier and may have better prepared all of them for the playoffs. District 5 teams may be favored in a few games, but watch out District 6 is coming!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Mann has Nick Britt at running back.....He doesn't need to throw the ball as much as Bolin.

I was thinking the same thing when that was posted. LC is pass first and pass second, and an occasional run from any one of six backs to see if they can sneak one by. Russell Co is much more balanced but favors the run.

LexCath's achilles heel is that their pass game has been so successful that they haven't developed the run to the level it should be. Russell Co's is that their run game has been so successful that they haven't developed the pass game to where it should be.

However, if LexCath had a back with the talent that Nick Britt has, they would be really hard to beat.
^That is why they were so dominant when they had Israel, Guy, Burke, etc...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Mann has Nick Britt at running back.....He doesn't need to throw the ball as much as Bolin.

Dare I say if he could throw like Bolin and had Adam Bush to throw to as well then Mann would throw as much as Bolin.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Dare I say if he could throw like Bolin and had Adam Bush to throw to as well then Mann would throw as much as Bolin.

Not with Nick Britt on the team. No team would be that unbalanced if they had a choice. If LexCath had a back like Britt they would throw far less, and I wouldn't want to be staring that down as my potential second game in the playoffs.

:truestory:
LexCath is definitely capable of running the ball. Just because they are a pass happy offense doesn't mean they can't run the ball. Between their two sophomore backs and Bolin running they are certainly effective running the ball when they aren't playing Boyle. Don't be fooled.
I wish I could see Boyle/Russell now to see Nick Britt against the Boyle defense. Sounds like that would be a great matchup.
RebelPride12 Wrote:LexCath is definitely capable of running the ball. Just because they are a pass happy offense doesn't mean they can't run the ball. Between their two sophomore backs and Bolin running they are certainly effective running the ball when they aren't playing Boyle. Don't be fooled.

LexCath's best back is a junior (Amoh Kumengisa). He did not play against Boyle County. He is the returning starter from last year. I believe he has missed several games this season, but is now back and at full strength. He had 116 yards and 3 TDs on just 11 carries this past Friday.
Did not know about Lexington Cath. running back Kumengisa,which makes Catholic even more dangerous,oh my.
Score Now! Wrote:LexCath's best back is a junior (Amoh Kumengisa). He did not play against Boyle County. He is the returning starter from last year. I believe he has missed several games this season, but is now back and at full strength. He had 116 yards and 3 TDs on just 11 carries this past Friday.

I believe I saw him against Mercer and was very impressed with his play.
All I can say for Boyle is,just take it one game at a time,start with Knox Cent.Oh wait a minute,we still have Whitley Co. yet to play.lol

Those are a couple of Bolin's highlight videos.
The first are his soph season and the second is from the John Hardin game
Score Now! Wrote:LexCath's best back is a junior (Amoh Kumengisa). He did not play against Boyle County. He is the returning starter from last year. I believe he has missed several games this season, but is now back and at full strength. He had 116 yards and 3 TDs on just 11 carries this past Friday.

I have no dog in this fight, but I do live near Lex Cath school and I have watch and seen them play through out the years. What people don't understand is that Catholic maybe not be as dominant in the running game like the past....but this year they have done it by ( running back by commitee ) Logan 330 yrs, Kumengisa 300, Mitchell 212 yrs, Bolin 200 yrs, Snowden 140 yrs. That's a lot of yards. And all above mentioned names are just sophomore, except for Kumengisa and Bolin. Watch out, a stud RB will be in the mix next year. 8th grader ( Jalen Jones )
panther nation Wrote:Knox is going to have a hard row to hoe, going to Boyle, this Boyle team has only lost to 3 of the top 15 teams in the state. they say Boyle is down I just dont think so. If Knox can play to their full poten, then I think that it could be the best game in the first round of the playoffs, but if not it wont be a happy day in Panther Nation

Boyle is not down and out but they are down from the previous two years. They just can't hit you with a big play near as often as they have been able to before. Much more ball control this year. The offensive line (all new) has had good games and bad this year but has gotten better. The defense has been pretty good. But it seems to me you have to have a pretty darn good qb to do much with Boyle's defense. Run game won't usually cut it. Don't know enough to assess the 6th district with those conditions but I doubt they have any qb's as good as Bolin and Towles. I may be proven wrong and just hope for no injuries and the better teams to win.