Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A district 5 and 6
Hatz Wrote:Laker, you are usually right on the money IMO on this board.

However stats are misleading from truth sometimes.

Do you really believe that Mann is a better QB and prospect than Bolin? How many schools are looking at Mann and how many are looking at Bolin?

I remember when Boyle played Rockastle and Anderkelin (?). He had great stats as a QB. But when he faced the Boyle defense he threw a ton of interceptions and had terrible games both years.

Stats are great but Bolin has played vs. John Hardin, Bell County, Lafayette, & Boyle to get those numbers.

Mann has played vs. Rockastle, Knox Central, and the rest of the schedule of .500 or losing teams.

:Thumbs:

I'm not saying that he's individually better, but as a team we are getting it done. After all, a QB is only as good as his receiving group. That said, I do believe both QBs attended the NUC100 Camp @ Henry Clay in 2009 and Mann was chosen the Top QB and overall MVP-for Class of 2013. So, it's not like he's that far behind Bolin. He's just not had the number of snaps to develop.

What are the records of LexCath's opponents outside of those teams you metion?
^That I didn't know. Interesting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hatz Wrote:Laker, you are usually right on the money IMO on this board.

However stats are misleading from truth sometimes.

Do you really believe that Mann is a better QB and prospect than Bolin? How many schools are looking at Mann and how many are looking at Bolin?

I remember when Boyle played Rockastle and Anderkelin (?). He had great stats as a QB. But when he faced the Boyle defense he threw a ton of interceptions and had terrible games both years.

Stats are great but Bolin has played vs. John Hardin, Bell County, Lafayette, & Boyle to get those numbers.

Mann has played vs. Rockastle, Knox Central, and the rest of the schedule of .500 or losing teams.

:Thumbs:

Maybe not.....Bolin against 5 teams 17-28 record(taylor,marion,mercer madison central,and male) if my math is correct 70 of 115 , 1048 yards and 16 tds.................Bolin against other teams left on schedule 56 of 99 , 884 yards and 4 tds. I've no dog in this fight just found argument interesting.
LWC Wrote:^That I didn't know. Interesting.
Actually it was 2010. This is the first year he's really played varsity from the QB position. He should be one of the top QBs next season.

Oh yeah, and using Stardust's favorite prediction site calpreps.com, here are the 4A teams projected to defeat the Lakers with margins:

Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) Class [INDENT]Spread[/INDENT]
Ashland Blazer [Paul G.] (Ashland, KY) 27, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 24 4A 3
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 24, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 21 4A 3
Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 35, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 27 4A 8
Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) 42, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 27 4A 15
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 35, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 28 4A 7
Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 27, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 24 4A 3
laker20 Wrote:I'm not saying that he's individually better, but as a team we are getting it done. After all, a QB is only as good as his receiving group. That said, I do believe both QBs attended the NUC100 Camp @ Henry Clay in 2009 and Mann was chosen the Top QB and overall MVP-for Class of 2013. So, it's not like he's that far behind Bolin. He's just not had the number of snaps to develop.

What are the records of LexCath's opponents outside of those teams you metion?

LexCath's opponents overall record is 56-35. They also scored 37 of the 84 points that John Hardin has allowed on the season. Russell County's opponents overall record is 35-55 and the only team they have beaten with winning record is Knox Central. I hope this helps you figure out the winner on paper for a game that is a couple weeks away. Both teams have to get past their first round opponents first!
Score Now! Wrote:LexCath's opponents overall record is 56-35. They also scored 37 of the 84 points that John Hardin has allowed on the season. Russell County's opponents overall record is 35-55 and the only team they have beaten with winning record is Knox Central. I hope this helps you figure out the winner on paper for a game that is a couple weeks away. Both teams have to get past their first round opponents first!

I've said a number of times that we need to get past Mercer first. However, we won't be playing the game on paper. :dontthink

It could very well be a closer game than you expect.
Score Now! Wrote:LexCath's opponents overall record is 56-35. They also scored 37 of the 84 points that John Hardin has allowed on the season. Russell County's opponents overall record is 35-55 and the only team they have beaten with winning record is Knox Central. I hope this helps you figure out the winner on paper for a game that is a couple weeks away. Both teams have to get past their first round opponents first!

My math may be bad but I got lex cath opponents record at 47-35 against teams already played and only a record of 38-35 if one counts the wins against teams one has beaten.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:My math may be bad but I got lex cath opponents record at 47-35 against teams already played and only a record of 38-35 if one counts the wins against teams one has beaten.

Russell co. record 34-48 against teams already playrd and only a record of 26-47 against teams one has beaten
Here's the calpreps.com projections based on neutral fields, and moving projected winners forward.

Round 1
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 26, Knox Central (Barbourville, KY) 17
Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 42, Marion County (Lebanon, KY) 8
Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 38, Mercer County (Harrodsburg, KY) 14
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 55, Clay County (Manchester, KY) 8
Round 2
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 20, Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 19
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 35, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 28
Round 3
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 27, Boyle County (Danville, KY) 21
laker20 Wrote:I've said a number of times that we need to get past Mercer first. However, we won't be playing the game on paper. :dontthink

It could very well be a closer game than you expect.

Since Mercer lost to Lex cath earlier in the season they have really improved.I am amazed at how they are playing now.they're not the same team they were 4 weeks ago.I think they'll give Russell a good test.
Here's Massey Ratings (prior to Massey's updating from Friday's games) on neutral sites:

Round 1
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 27, Knox Central (Barbourville, KY) 14
Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 41, Marion County (Lebanon, KY) 13
Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 38, Mercer County (Harrodsburg, KY) 14
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 48, Clay County (Manchester, KY) 14
Round 2
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 21, Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 13
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 37, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 28
Round 3
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 28, Boyle County (Danville, KY) 24
Jack Lambert Wrote:Since Mercer lost to Lex cath earlier in the season they have really improved.I am amazed at how they are playing now.they're not the same team they were 4 weeks ago.I think they'll give Russell a good test.

I agree, Mercer has the ability to pull the upset. IMO they may have improved more than anyone during the course of the season. They will not be overlooked.
laker20 Wrote:Actually it was 2010. This is the first year he's really played varsity from the QB position. He should be one of the top QBs next season.

Oh yeah, and using Stardust's favorite prediction site calpreps.com, here are the 4A teams projected to defeat the Lakers with margins:

Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) Class [INDENT]Spread[/INDENT]
Ashland Blazer [Paul G.] (Ashland, KY) 27, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 24 4A 3
Boyle County (Danville, KY) 24, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 21 4A 3
Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 35, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 27 4A 8
Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) 42, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 27 4A 15
Lexington Catholic (Lexington, KY) 35, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 28 4A 7
Rockcastle County (Mt. Vernon, KY) 27, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 24 4A 3

Know your facts before you post. Bolin has stated since his sophomore year. This is he's second yr starting and has one more.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:My math may be bad but I got lex cath opponents record at 47-35 against teams already played and only a record of 38-35 if one counts the wins against teams one has beaten.

Lex Cath (8-1) opponents are:

49-35 for all teams played.

31-15 record for all non-district opponents (teams you try to get on schedule)

I see Russell County (8-1) as:

34-48 for all opponents.

20-36 record for non-district opponents.
Hatz Wrote:Lex Cath (8-1) opponents are:

34-48 for all opponents.

I was including the teams they play this Friday.
Hatz Wrote:Lex Cath (8-1) opponents are:

34-48 for all opponents.

I won't even try to argue the schedule strength difference. LexCath clearly has the stronger schedule. However, the performance is not that drastically difference. We have no control over how good our opponents have turned out, and it's hard for our program to convince the better programs that it's worth it for them to play us. That said, we have handled the schedule appropriately as our 24.5 avg margin of victory shows. It's not like we squeaked by the teams we've played, and our only loss was by 2-points in OT against a very strong Rock team.

I keep saying that my point is that there will be some extremely competitive games between these two districts, and if we get the opportunity to play LexCath I think we have the best odds out of the other teams of pulling the upset because we match up better.
FBfan4life Wrote:Know your facts before you post. Bolin has stated since his sophomore year. This is he's second yr starting and has one more.

The videos and my post was about Barton Mann not Bolin. Get your head out of your a$$ before you tell someone else to know the facts.
laker20 Wrote:The videos and my post was about Barton Mann not Bolin. Get your head out of your a$$ before you tell someone else to know the facts.

Oh... still lame.:lame:
laker20 Wrote:
Through 8 games.
Player School Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM
Kyle Bolin Lex. Catholic 8 214 126 6 1932 20 242
B
arton Mann Russell County 8 84 42 2 819 10 102

Bolin with 20TDs/1932 yards on 214 attempts is avg a TD for every 10.7 attempts and 9.02 yards per attempt, and .3 Int/Td

Mann with 10 TDs/819 yards on 84 attempts is avg a TD for every 8.4 attempts and 9.75 yards per attempt, and .2 Int/TD.

So, Bolin is the Dominant QB on the field? I'm not so sure, but I do have to give him credit for doing this with little to no run support, and against a somewhat tougher schedule.

We both have business to attend to first, but given the chance to make the trip to LexCath, when the Knights take the field with all that speed, they will be the slower of the two teams. From what I've seen, Bolin's football knowledge is far superior to his skills. He's a good QB, but not even comparable to Towles, and could actually be the lesser of the two QBs on the field that night.

If we can keep from making any unforced mistakes and win the turnover battle, then we have a chance of pulling the upset.

I have seen all three of these quaterbacks play. If you gave Bolin Highlands receivers (which are an excellent group) Bolin would be putting up Couch type numbers, and remember he is just a junior. As far as Mann, he is a very good quaterback but not on the lines of Towles and Bolin. Between Towles and Bolin, I give the edge to Towles because he is a horse when it comes to running the ball.
Sorry if I came off as saying LexCath will undeniably play highlands. I know you have to play the games and that was just my prediction.
And Bolin won the class of 2012 QB MVP at the National competion as a 2013 QB that year. I still say that Catholic losing before highlands would be a surprise because I am a homer and think they are a really really good football team
Old24 Wrote:I have seen all three of these quaterbacks play. If you gave Bolin Highlands receivers (which are an excellent group) Bolin would be putting up Couch type numbers, and remember he is just a junior. As far as Mann, he is a very good quaterback but not on the lines of Towles and Bolin. Between Towles and Bolin, I give the edge to Towles because he is a horse when it comes to running the ball.

I can't say that I disagree. Bolin is much more of a pocket QB than Towles and has had the luxury of going through a very good program. Towles is a dual threat and very good throwing or running. Mann is kind of between the two with no where near the experience and has not had the luxury of being developed in the type of program that the other two have. I think he has the skills to be as good or better than Bolin, but it wouldn't be truthful for me to sit here and say I think he's better now.

But, Bolin doesn't get to play with HHS' receivers, and although LC's receivers are good, they're not unstoppable. So I think if we get there and get a couple of breaks then we could pull an upset, but if we don't get a couple of breaks then we could be in for a long night.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Sorry if I came off as saying LexCath will undeniably play highlands. I know you have to play the games and that was just my prediction.
And Bolin won the class of 2012 QB MVP at the National competion as a 2013 QB that year. I still say that Catholic losing before highlands would be a surprise because I am a homer and think they are a really really good football team

Never took it that way, no apology needed. You are rightful in your opinion of the Knights.

I agree, and it would be a surprise to me as well, but if it was at the hands of the Lakers, it would be a pleasant surprise. LexCath is an excellent team and should be even better next year, but with the new alignment, the playoff between these two districts is much tougher than in previous years.
I personally would be surprised if Boyle doesn't beat Catholic the second time around. That is if they can get by Knox and Rock of course.
64black&gold Wrote:I personally would be surprised if Boyle doesn't beat Catholic the second time around. That is if they can get by Knox and Rock of course.

Just curious what you see different in a possible rematch to give Boyle the win?
I also have a question about Lex Cath's QB; I have seen him play twice and he is very good. I have not seen him throw the deep pass and was wondering what he is capable of as far as distance he can throw it and how accurate on the long ball?
To much QB talk play great defense and run the ball , I have seen Bolin play and to me that is one area he needs improve on is the long ball
sstack Wrote:Just curious what you see different in a possible rematch to give Boyle the win?
I also have a question about Lex Cath's QB; I have seen him play twice and he is very good. I have not seen him throw the deep pass and was wondering what he is capable of as far as distance he can throw it and how accurate on the long ball?

Threw about a 40 yarder on a dime to beat us. Safety was slow with over the top coverage but throw was PERFECT. His release is a little odd. Arm more open than normal.

To answer fist question, I thought Boyle outplayed Catholic in second half except for one play. Saw a difference in out Oline that half that we had been waiting for all year. Had a 22 play 10min drive and came up short. Don't think it will happen again. Just my opinion of course.
bac2369 Wrote:That Knox and Boyle County game is going to be big.

I bet Boyle is not happy about getting a team of this caliber as a first round game. It could be a good game, as I don't think Boyle is as strong this year as they have been and Knox is getting better every year. Could be a bad night for Boyle. Who knows, that is why we play the game. Playoff time is great.
No they are not. But you gotta win 5 to win it all and it doesn't matter who the 5 are. Boyle is not as strong as they have been the last 3 years but that doesn't mean they are not a pretty good football team. Could be a bad night for Knox too.
Should be fun. I expect a Boyle/LexCath rematch but it defintely isn't a given. Boyle could lose starting in round one if they don't come to play. I expect them to come to play though.

Mercer has gotten better but they still haven't defeated a team with a winning record. They will lose pretty handily to Russell County. If not, then that district is overvalued and we will definitely see Boyle\LexCath again. Just my opinion.

Boyle's defense is as good as it has always been. Maybe a hair less than the previous years defense but scoring points on that defense still is no easy task at all.

Bolin has more completions than Mann has attempts. That's all I need to know about that.

These first two rounds should be fun. I think the 4A playoffs will be a lot of fun. I think LexCath is the obvious favorite in our region and Highlands is the obvious favorite in our class. I also think absolutely anything is possible this November. Anything.

Good luck to all of you and your favorite teams.
sstack Wrote:The East bracket is loaded compared to the West. The Championship game will be a blow out.

I wouldn't bet on that.