Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most pleasant surprises of this football season
Recent thread had biggest disappointments of this year, I will ask the opposing question: What team or teams are you most surprised or pleased with this year so far?
Even though they lost last week: Rockcastle County.

Many Rock fans predicted 7-3, 8-2, 9-1 or even 10-0 regular seasons but I don't think anyone would have predicted a 7-1 season and almost certainly at LEAST a district runner-up finish, only having Clarke Rowe for 4.5 games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aslan Wrote:Perry being 7-1(should be 8-0).

i agree! they was playn tough for the first part and just stopped seemed like!
I would say PCC being 7-1 is quite a surprise for the most part.
Rockcastle upsetting PCC at home.
Harlan Co being 8-0.. well that's not a surprise.
Owen County Just Sayin 3-8 last year 8-0 Right now
Although not the biggest surprises I will send a little love out to two much improved teams that have had really nice seasons. How bout those Casey County Rebels and the Adair County Indians on their good seasons!
For me it would be Perry being 7-1. Also Leslie County is having a pretty good season.
Campbell County starting the season at 0-5 go into the bye week and have now went undefeated in their District. They were Honorable mention in this weeks State top 10 for 6A. A win this week will likely get them into the top 10. That would not be a surprise, that would be a SHOCKER!
Garrard Co. is the team that has surprised me the most. Casey Co. would be up next.
Ashland deserves a mention.:1:
Stardust Wrote:Campbell County starting the season at 0-5 go into the bye week and have now went undefeated in their District. They were Honorable mention in this weeks State top 10 for 6A. A win this week will likely get them into the top 10. That would not be a surprise, that would be a SHOCKER!
would you like to revise that after the Boone game?
Garrard County for me also.
Morgan county at 7-2, hosting a playoff game for the first time in school history.
SlantStrong Wrote:Morgan county at 7-2, hosting a playoff game for the first time in school history.

I completely agree.
nky Wrote:would you like to revise that after the Boone game?

LOL, nope, proably makes me EVEN MORE SUPRISED:insane:
Best Part of the football season;

Perry showing Harlan Co that we arent just a slack job team!
Best surprise of the season....

Perry Central letting Matt Robinson run the ball!!
my only suprise this season is perry central keeping a close game to harlan county <--- ;-) . i knew rock was gonna beat perry, and i knew that knox would beat rock, just not by that much....
did everyone know that the other team besides belfry that beat ashland is number 2 in west virginia....
Bourbon Co. for many reasons. First winning season in 10 yrs., First win against Harrison Co. in 8 yrs., First time finishing 2nd in conference play to my knowledge, First play off game at home. This young men have worked really hard and it shows!!!! Congrats Bourbon Co.!!!!!
I think the suprise is Rock winning after losing Rowe
Leslie Co. winning the District Championship.. Just a few years ago, Leslie ended the season with 17 players.. Now they dress 55+....
^Thats great for them
I Rule The World Wrote:Leslie Co. winning the District Championship.. Just a few years ago, Leslie ended the season with 17 players.. Now they dress 55+....

I would have to agree with you.
What about Lewis County? They won their district and beat Russell at Russell 14-7!
After graduating 20 plus seniors and then losing all-state running back Travis Elliott, the Ryle Raiders have been a nice surprise. Although they have good coaches and good players I think no one thought they would win a game after Elliott went down. One bad half of football away from a district championship and hopeful nice play off run will hopefully help Ryle building numbers and increasing the program.
Owen County. They haven't had a winning season since the 80's and are 9-0 this season and ranked in the top 10 in the state. Very fun team to watch this year!
Garrard County.

Lewis Co. would have to be in the conversation as well.
gohard Wrote:Owen County. They haven't had a winning season since the 80's and are 9-0 this season and ranked in the top 10 in the state. Very fun team to watch this year!

I hope that is top 10 in their class.