Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central vs South Laurel (Girls) 16th Regional Championship
Who do you got? I say Lady Cougars win 2-1 GO COUGARS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Well since the boys soccer game was moved to Friday night because of all the rain, I got to go watch the LCC vs PHS girls game. Now I can see why the LCC # 5 is leading the state in goals, because every team has to focus on # 21!!! Number 21 is by far the best player LCC has and it was clear that # 21 had to be guarded by several players at all times. Shes got it all, speed & skill. I would rank # 5 about the 8th best player on LCC. But I will say I went on the khsaa web site and LCC played so many teams that everyone killed, and it's clear if you leave any player up front on a very weak team and just let them take shots for 80min, rather than actually letting the younger players get a chance, then yes, the points will add up
As for who will win the SL vs LCC game, it's hands down SL. LCC just seemed to just kick the ball with no direction. I got to see a few minutes of the first game and SL passes great.
Number 21 is good , so is number 11 and number 5
What's that say about Pikeville if LCC is that bad ?
Don't recall saying LCC is bad, just said they kicked the ball with no direction. Have seen PHS girls play a few times and they usually pass well, however last night they did the same thing that LCC did, just kicked the ball without direction. Matter a fact you are correct # 11 is very good, but hands down #21 is by far above any player on LCC. This kid (#21) I would hope that many colleges be it NAIA or D1, are looking at her, she deserves above any Senior in this area to play at the next level.
Being that you are from Pikeville the gentlemanly thing would be to say good luck. I'm sure No. 21 , 11 and 5 will all play in college. Hope you fare better next year.
Respectfully you are correct, and thank you for your good sporting manners. I get excited at times when I see kids that should have deserved the attention that others got, (be it word of mouth I here in the Letcher community).
Way to go Cougars !:Clap:
equipmentman Wrote:Respectfully you are correct, and thank you for your good sporting manners. I get excited at times when I see kids that should have deserved the attention that others got, (be it word of mouth I here in the Letcher community).

Whomever you are...you are absolutely correct!!! #21 Lindsey Kincer is by far the best player on that team! The fact that #5 Collins was given the MVP trophy for the region tournament to me is a absolute joke! She did nothing in the title game that would earn her such an honor. Granted she had two goals...one of them south's girls watched roll through all their legs off of a poorly hit corner kick, and the other was hit straight to the keeper and she fumbled it into the goal. Kincer on the other hand had the game tying goal and was all over the field making plays.
Well since you show me you have good soccer intelligence I'll fill you in on a few things. I'm from Va and I played D1 soccer in Va, however I married a local Pike Co gal who has family that plays soccer for the PHS boys. I have been involved in this game for many years and understand how things are done. If you don't agree that # 5 should have gotten MVP, I can't make a statement because I was not at the game, I would guess she must have made all kinds of unbelievable plays today, however the game that I saw # 21 stood out above anyone. It's the head coach of the team that makes the decision who gets on the all Tour Team and if your lucky enough to win the Tour it's again the head coach that decides who is the MVP.
Collins throughout that tournament had more goals and assist. Clear MVP!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I thought you might want to know I found some good video of Lindsey Kincer #21 on youtube the highlights one is real good if you wanna check it out, she is a great lil player.
Good to see some video on the team since it took a act of congress to get it on the school channel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

These girls from Letcher are all nice little players but lets be realistic, I dont see D1 talent here. I know I will get massacred for making these statements by all the fans on here but this is just my honest opnion. These kids have NAIA talent. Would be great recruits for Upike or Cumberland. Soccer in the mountains has came a long way over the past few yrs but we must realize we are still leaps and bounds behind the rest of the state. People on here have argued for past 2 yrs that the girl from Letcher should win Miss Soccer this yr. She doesnt even make all state. She puts up huge numbers because the level of competition. Take this Letcher team and put them in a central or northern ky region and they probably have a .500 record and those huge stats are cut in half. Once again I am not trying to hate on anybody and I am glad soccer is growing in East Ky, but lets not get carried away with ourselves.
I would have to agree with KY head hunter....I see a really, really nice player, playing against bad defense and just horrible goalkeeping. IMO. I too dont want to be a hater...but if you travel and see top level club soccer, not just club soccer, you would have an idea what i mean. Does that mean she couldnt play top level soccer, nope but I'm sure she wouldnt put up those kind of numbers. Most of the All State teams are political and decided by coaches that have seen a player play club in the past. I have seen players not make the state team and get scholarships and i have seen player make the list and never get an offer. To me the All State Team doesnt mean a lot. Don t let that be a deterent. Keep up the good work...and never quit trying ....:Cheerlead
Let me be clear so you guys can understand. I know that this team is no where near West Jessamine or any others that made it further in the state tournament. I know these girls made it further than any of you that isn't affiliated with mountain sports predicted. Arianna Collins lead the state in scoring, and was tied for first place in assist. She is #2 all time in scoring, and #1 in assist. She was clearly the MVP of the 16th Region tournament, and she was voted All State honorable mention. She is going to Morehead St which I don't know if they are D-1 in soccer. Regarless what you guys think of our little weak program, we won the tournament and won the right to be in the state tournament. Haters are going to hate and here at Letcher Central we are use to that. We have won four districts titles, and been to the regional championship game. We are proud of this team, and what they did in four years. This year Letcher Central was the best soccer program in Eastern Ky, and we have the trophy to prove it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

You are definatly entitled to your opionion but it does not make you correct lots of these girls have lots of offers from every level that you know nothing about by people who have watched them play, could the schedule have been more competitive sure but yes they did make it to state by beating south laurel who is also an amazing team, they should be very proud and good luck to those girls no matter if they go to D1 or wherever they dont do it for YOU they do it because they love it. They have worked so hard and have accomplished so much. I'm pretty sure they will enjoy wherever they play even if it's not up to your high standards.
Helper are we on the same page or was that comment toward me? I am 100% behind this program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I do not think it is right for people to put down children who have worked so hard, done so well, and look forward to the future.To minimize that future in anyway is offensive and to say they don't see talent is absurd I have seen many games in many different areas and would disagree on the comment they dont have D1 talent which I am sure they would laugh about. I have seen GREAT talent on Letcher county central team and that is my opinion and I am entitled to it as well. Wish those girls all the best of luck! Never let anyone try and tear you down, do what you do play hard and try to enjoy.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Collins throughout that tournament had more goals and assist. Clear MVP!

Stats don't mean anything!!! It's who was more important to the team. Letcher doesn't win anything without Kincer...not even District. If you watched the game against South Laurel that would be clear to you unless of course you know nothing about soccer.
I am entitled to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!