Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2012 (Include Rankings)
- Letcher County Central (20-17) - Defending 14th Region Champs. Lady Cougars lost 5 players from last year's team. Lady Cougars are a good team and can upset some other teams come tournament time.

- Jenkins (22-11) - Lady Cavaliers lost 3 players from last year's team- Coach Charles teams are always tough.

- Estill County (22-15) - Lady Engineers lose 4 players from last year's team but have 8 players coming in from the middle school that went 56-10 during there middle school career. Estill County always has a good team year in and year out.

- Perry County Central (12-15) - Lady Commodores only lost 2 players from last year's team.

- Leslie County (11-15) - Lady Eagles lose 6 players from last year's team

- Powell County (20-17) - Lady Pirates lost 2 players from last year's team that made it to the 14th Region Championship Game. Coach Faulkner always has his ladies ready to play when the season rolls around.

- Jackson City (16-8) - Lady Tigers lost 2 players from last year's team. Lady Tigers seem to be on the rise.

- Breathitt County (13-7) - Lady Cats only lost 1 player from last year's team. Lady Cats also to be on the rise.

- Wolfe County (12-21) Lady Wolves lost 2 players from last year's team. They return a decent team.

2012 TEAM SCHEDULES!!!

Estill County - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/36918

Jenkins - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=36963

Letcher County Central - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=37102

Powell County - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=37036

Perry County Central - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/37029

Jackson City - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/36960

Leslie County - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/36972

Wolfe County - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/37095

Breathitt County - http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp12/36874

NOTE: SOME SCHEDULES AREN'T COMPLETED YET
1 - Letcher County Central - Defending Region Champs

2 - Estill County

3 - Jenkins

4 - Powell County

5 - Perry County Central

6 - Breathitt County

7 - Jackson City

8 - Leslie County

9 - Wolfe County

10 - All Other Teams
Looks good but I think Jackson should be a head of Breathitt, Jackson lost two players that hurt there team more then they helped
how good are the players that breathitt lost?

Estill still has games that aren't on the schedule that's schedule. They play in the Bulldog Classic @ Paul Dunbar but there opponents are TBA (Paul Dunbar, Trimble County, Boyd County, Central Hardin, Conner, Pendleton County???) Not sure if Pendleton County is in it or not. KYhighschoolsoftball.com shows that there in it but there Schedule on KHSAA has them playing Fleming County and Powell County on May 12th which is a day that the Bulldog Classic is on
^It dont matter Jackson has the better team then Breathitt, but i would like to get out and watch ur estill team play this year
They should be good. I believe they'll be better than what they was last year.

I'm assuming they'll play Powell County in the Where's the Beach Classic @ Rockcastle County. They usually play the Lady Pirates in a tournament in the regular season.

Mar 19, 12 Fleming County home 5:30 PM
Mar 21, 12 Paul Laurence Dunbar home 6:00 PM
Mar 23, 12 TBA at Lexington Catholic Bluegrass Showcase
Mar 24, 12 TBA at Lexington Catholic Bluegrass Showcase
Mar 26, 12 Lee County away 5:00 PM
Mar 27, 12 Rockcastle County home 6:00 PM
Mar 29, 12 Model away 5:00 PM
Mar 30, 12 Garrard County home 6:00 PM
Apr 6, 12 TBA at Rockcastle County Where's the Beach Classic
Apr 7, 12 TBA at Rockcastle County Where's the Beach Classic
Apr 7, 12 TBA at Rockcastle County Where's the Beach Classic
Apr 9, 12 Powell County home 5:00 PM
Apr 10, 12 Garrard County away 6:00 PM
Apr 12, 12 East Jessamine home 6:00 PM
Apr 16, 12 Owsley County home 5:00 PM
Apr 17, 12 Fleming County away 5:30 PM
Apr 19, 12 Lee County away 5:00 PM
Apr 20, 12 TBA at George Rogers Clark Thrill on the Hill
Apr 21, 12 TBA at George Rogers Clark Thrill on the Hill
Apr 21, 12 East Jessamine at George Rogers Clark 1:30 PM Thrill on the Hill
Apr 23, 12 George Rogers Clark home 5:30 PM
Apr 28, 12 South Laurel home 1:00 PM
Apr 30, 12 Powell County away 5:00 PM
May 1, 12 Model home 5:00 PM
May 3, 12 Owsley County away 5:00 PM
May 4, 12 Montgomery County home 5:00 PM
May 4, 12 Lexington Catholic home 9:00 PM
May 7, 12 Wolfe County away 5:30 PM
May 8, 12 Montgomery County away 5:30 PM
May 10, 12 Bath County home 5:30 PM
May 15, 12 Madison Central away 5:30 PM
May 16, 12 Berea home 6:00 PM
May 17, 12 Wolfe County home 5:30 PM
Why is both there lee county games away?
Apr. 19th is the home game
Oh ok
Jenkins , estill, Powell, lcc or perry should be how it plays out can't wait to see.
Strike you keep bringing up this freshman class. Will any of them get to play varsity?? From the past of watching Estill they only play girls that are junior or senior no matter how good or bad they are. They could have a freshman or sophmore that could play circles around a senior but they would never take out the senior?? Don't understand that....
Hopfully Coach Beard will see that these Freshman girls can really play and give them, at the very least, a shot to play sometime during the year. We will have to wait and see. I feel like if they don't get their fair shake there will be alot of upset parents and fans.
Yes They'll Play
only way they will play is if there is an injury. They will not get varsity time. Well I should say it depends on who mom and dad is and there last name. I would hope she would give everyone a chance but when you have your positions and line up fixed before the first practice then there's not much of a chance. Strike how do you know?? You don't even know who pitches. You know more about Powell pitchers than your own school. Your still in Estill? Right? But hope things will work out. There is some good young talent. Hope they don't get discourage and leave.
I know more than what you think.

I'm Pretty Sure I know who you are and because you tried coaching Softball here and Coach Beard fired you because you well sucked at it. You was on the team back in 2010 and since she's fired you you've done nothing but run her and her program down. Don't worry about who told me because I have my sources around that school. And before you even say anything, no she didn't tell me.

I haven't gotten to see the team this spring so I'm not sure who is on it and who isn't. I know one player that played past couple season's isn't on it due to injuries and yes those freshmen will get to play
Letcher has the taste what they will produce?? Jenkins is always in the running coach Charles and her staff usually gets the best out there team.. Perry will be interesting this year.... Powell and Estill will both challenge, depends on hoiw they work there line ups.
Sorry but your wrong .... For one thing you better be sure on who your think I am. I have never coached there... I have nothing to do with the program .. you better check your sources again because you accusing the wrong man or womoan of something they havn't done. You get on here and start saying something about someone you have no idea who it is....so your wrong again Strike --- not bashing no one just tells it the way one sees it... you have your opinion and I have mine.. that's ok -- Oh yea you need to go to your source and tell them there wrong....I don't even live there.... I think you have some freshman that can play from what I saw at a tournament at the end of last year... I guess only time will tell. Oh yea Strike your wrong I am not that person... don't talk bad about him for what I type because your making a big mistake.... trust me... ok sorry I hurt your feelings about your program I just think they could be better....don't you want them to be the best? But I'm off topic sorry guys....
That's the reason I said I believe I know who you are. My sources said the same thing that they believe they know who you are. How could they get better? There the same team year in and year out.

I still believe that it's you who I was told. You never post anything about any other team except for Estill. When something about Estill is posted you go berzerk and run them down. Don't say you don't because you do. Everyone knows you do. School Administration, Players, Parents, Coaches. I've been told time in and time out that's all you do
well you and your sources believe is wrong... I don't want someone else to take heat for my statements... Get better?? I could tell you but you would hate me.... They have some very good talent... They have some very good kids... They have some really good support from the parents and community.. and they have some great fans (like you) ... Strike I know you hate me and I know you don't like what I say (sometimes) But I'm actually on your side... Get better?? ok lets say that no spot is locked every spot on the field you as a player have to earn.. You don't get it because of your grade you get it on how hard you work in practice... you get it on how you perform during a game... you earn your spot.... You talk about basaketball.. young team on the floor... there ewere some seniors sitting the bench?? right?? Because the better players were on the floor... or who deserve to be playing played... in high school that's the way it should be, it's about winning... Some softball programs don't do that... Get better?? I could tell you but don't get mad at me.....
They don't use a set lineup they switch it. Some games they will use the same lineup and other games they will go with a different lineup.

As for basketball you are right on that but it wasn't long before the seniors were coming in. Those seniors actually got to start some this season
Ok so if you think you know who I am than come up to me and tell me... So we can meet face to face... I'm telling you and who ever your wrong.. so when your around since you know who i am introduce yourself and we can talk.... I would be glad to meet you...
I have been around the Estill team and there is a strong presence of seniors get first dibs and then juniors and so on. Then if there are any spots left who your parents are plays a big role in who plays. I am not putting Coach Beard down in any way and I think the Estill team has improved leaps and bounds since fastpitch was introduced (even though they were at the top of their game about 4 years ago, they still have quite a bit of talent). I hope Coach Beard does give these freshmen coming in a fair shot to play and put this team back on top the 14th region.
Strikeout..... I don't think you have watched Estill play i'm at every single game Shirley uses the same lineup game in game out she only starts and plays Juniors and Seniors only reason she is pitching a sophmore is because she doesn't have an upper classman that can pitch. I will give the Gross girl credit she is a good pitcher and she actually out pitched the Dawes girl last year against LCC in the regional game last year cause she pitched 2 1/3 innings against them and didn't give up a hit she actually had 5 strikeouts. Estill has more talent sitting on the bench then she has on the field. And the reason the freshman had such a good record in middle school is the were Coached Billy Bruce Wiseman, Danny Wood,Bud Tucker and Bob Young they teach fundamentals after fundamentals they practice those girls from the time they get on the field till the time they leave.... Not the High School team its goof off when you get there and untill you leve We have so much good talent we could go back to State if the talent was used the right way.... Go Estill!
The Set lineup was meant for Basketball. I've been to the games in the past, I haven't been out to see them yet but will before the season is over If my schedule allows it which It should

She is starting the season off good. Wins over Fleming County and Dunbar. But it get's tougher, Play Dublin Coffman tomorrow and Tournament @ Lexington Catholic this weekend. Coach Beard's schedules are usually loaded which to me is a good thing because you don't get any where unless you beat teams that are better than you
Strike buddy I didn't say it...... I guess those people are the person who you think I am... lol lol ---
Hate to cause such a stink over one comment. I just hope she, Coach Beard, gives these freshman there chance to prove that they can play. There are some very talented young girls on this team that have been coached how to play the right way. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Go Neers!
ACTUALLY, you're both wrong. Shirley played a couple of freshman this past weekend. In the Lexington Catholic tournament. And when you're talking about basketball playing the better player, you're wrong, AGAIN. The Estill county basketball program is worse than the Softball program. But that's not what this is all about. You are all driving me insane posting comments about things that you clearly know nothing about. Strike, I know you are supporting Estill but don't say too much about previous coaches when you aren't really sure that's who it is. The person you thought it was was a really good.coach, he didn't " suck at it" he knew what he was talking g about. But I just want you ALL to know that Shirley will play freshman if she truly believes that they are bette but so far, it's too early to b able to tell if they're better, which both of you should know.
I feel there are two postions, maybe even three, where there is a younger player better than the stater. At on postion the freshman is the third on the depth chart. But how do you question Shirley shes has won alot more games than i Have. Just my opinion.
Softballer your funny... Hey Strike at least you and I have something in common....from what I have seen there are several spots younger players are better... But hey she is the coach and what she says goes not matter what we think.... we could bad mouth someone all day but what good will it do. (it's all about who mom and dad is anyway)
I agree with you, KyCatlover. You can't question Shirley...clearly she knows what she is doing considering she has been coaching for 28 years. And Outsidein, I wasn't trying to he funny...I was trying.to be truthful. It is NOT based on the kids last name or who their parents are...I could name a few right now who are complete nobodies. Some kids just have talent and happen to have parents that are highly thought of....I would love to know the positions that you think younger players are better. Please name the positions, not the kids who play them, in your next post. But you're right for once, outsidein...what you all say doesn't matter at all...no matter how much you all sit on here and run your mouths about stuff that you don't honestly know all about, Shirley will NEVER take anything you say seriously.