Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3a playoffs
Can somebody help me with playoff bracket. I know its not final on teams but just the numbers will do for now. Ithink belfry chances of playing a team from their same district are high but im not sure who it will be
MADJACK75 Wrote:Can somebody help me with playoff bracket. I know its not final on teams but just the numbers will do for now. Ithink belfry chances of playing a team from their same district are high but im not sure who it will be

District 5 vs. 6

District 5:

1 - Garrard County

2 - Bourbon County

3 - Powell County/Western Hills

4 - Powell County/Western Hills

District 6:

1 - Lewis County

2 - Russell

3 - Fleming County/West Carter

4 - Fleming County/West Carter

really won't know anything until after this week's games
MADJACK75 Wrote:Can somebody help me with playoff bracket. I know its not final on teams but just the numbers will do for now. Ithink belfry chances of playing a team from their same district are high but im not sure who it will be

I think Belfry will play Jackson County
District 5 vs District 6

D5 (1) vs D6(4)
D5 (3) vs D6(2)

D6(1) vs D5(4)
D6(3) vs D5(2)

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/dat...5ErkJggg==]
District 7 and District 8 will pare-up for Region 4 in 3A. Probably will be Breathitt D7
playing Belfry D8 in Region 4 finals barring no upsets. Region 3 will play Region 4 in
State semi-finals.
jw4914 Wrote:District 7 and District 8 will pare-up for Region 4 in 3A. Probably will be Breathitt D7
playing Belfry D8 in Region 4 finals barring no upsets. Region 3 will play Region 4 in
State semi-finals.

If the Belfry-Breathitt matchup occurs, whose turn to host?
mandan Wrote:If the Belfry-Breathitt matchup occurs, whose turn to host?

The higher seed in the game hosts the game. If they are seeded the same, then the odd district (D7) will host in odd years (2011).
mandan Wrote:If the Belfry-Breathitt matchup occurs, whose turn to host?
Would be Breathitt.. Odd # District hosts Odd # year. Winner of Region 4 would travel
to Region 3 in state semi. Again Odd # region hosts in odd # year.
Breathitt would host Belfry.
I believe what MADJACK is getting at is that Belfry's district could win three out of 4 first round games. This is only a possibility, but Lawrence County, as a three seed, could win over the other district's two seed. If this happens, then Lawrence County would travel to Belfry in week two of the playoffs.
Let us not forget about Morgan County in the Breathitt district. That could be a real good matchup with Lawrence in the first round if it ends up that way...I was just making the point that Lawrence COULD win that if they really show up and play but I am sure at home that Morgan would be pretty tough!!
bucslover68 Wrote:Breathitt would host Belfry.
I believe what MADJACK is getting at is that Belfry's district could win three out of 4 first round games. This is only a possibility, but Lawrence County, as a three seed, could win over the other district's two seed. If this happens, then Lawrence County would travel to Belfry in week two of the playoffs.
This might be a better look.

Top bracket
D7 seed 1 vs D8 seed 4
D8 seed 2 vs D7 seed 3

Bottom Bracket
D8 seed 1 vs D7 seed 4
D7 seed 2 vs D8 seed 3

Based on current standings

Breathitt vs Sheldon Clark
Pike County Central vs Magoffin County

Belfry vs Jackson County
Morgan County vs Lawrence County

Hope that helps,,,,
bucslover68 Wrote:breathitt would host belfry.
I believe what madjack is getting at is that belfry's district could win three out of 4 first round games. This is only a possibility, but lawrence county, as a three seed, could win over the other district's two seed. If this happens, then lawrence county would travel to belfry in week two of the playoffs.
you are correct, i was just thinking ahead a little. I believe lc will beat morgan, the teams they played will give them an edge, ashland,belfry ect. I also think the pirate district has more muscle as a whole than, the breathitt dist. Looking on we could be going to garrad, lewis or russle. I have to think garrad right now. But i sure wont be suprised if we go to flatwoods
I was told that IF Belfry and Powell meet in the Semi Finals that Belfry would have to travel all the way to Stanton again that's a big big IF, remember these are the playoffs and anything can happen
Strikeout King Wrote:I was told that IF Belfry and Powell meet in the Semi Finals that Belfry would have to travel all the way to Stanton again that's a big big IF, remember these are the playoffs and anything can happen

:thatsfunn
All i can say is it should be a lot of good football to watch
I have been trying to put together the 4A playoffs, but most of the districts are too undecided at this point. Most will clear up after Friday night.
Likely 3A-1

1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Fort Campbell
3. Trigg County HS
4. Heath High School

5th and Likely Out - Webster County

3A-2 is still undecided

1. Edmonson Co./Monroe Co. (play Friday @ EC)
3. Hart Co. (has beaten Adair)
4. South Warren/Adair Co. (Play Friday @ SW)
Region 2

3A District 3
1. Central
2. Larue
3. winner Henry or Etown (they play this friday)
4. Loser of Henry/E'town

3a District 4
1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Wayne
4. Casey

Wayne IMO could win on the road at Larue in rd. 1.
Strikeout King Wrote:I was told that IF Belfry and Powell meet in the Semi Finals that Belfry would have to travel all the way to Stanton again that's a big big IF, remember these are the playoffs and anything can happen

Correct... whoever wins Powell's Region hosts the winner of Region 4 if I am not mistaken. Powell County isn't very far from Belfry though, maybe 2 hours. The Pirates already have a road win at Henry Clay under their belt which is a good bit further. Powell used to be in Belfry's district back in the late 90's/early 2000's so the Pirates have played there before.

Now if Western Hills were somehow able to win that region then that is a solid road trip.. Garrard County is a nice 3 hour hike as well.
See you guys in flatwoods.
If the Devils don't put the ball on the ground the semis will be in flatwoods....
If Powell and Belfry meet I'm gonna have go see that one
The fumbles have been foolish and ridiculous. 5 last week.
FBALL Wrote:See you guys in flatwoods.

See who in Flatwoods? Powell County? Might be the last team the Red Devils see this year.
wise1 Wrote:If the Devils don't put the ball on the ground the semis will be in flatwoods....

:thatsfunn

Gotta love the confidence of the Russell fans....
[quote=old_school_hero]:thatsfunn

Gotta love the confidence of the Russell fans....[/QUOTE

I guess we will see in about 4 weeks...
old_school_hero Wrote:See who in Flatwoods? Powell County? Might be the last team the Red Devils see this year.

I wouldnt bet on it if I was you
Strikeout King Wrote:If Powell and Belfry meet I'm gonna have go see that one

That is a very big IF man
wise1 Wrote:I wouldnt bet on it if I was you

Cherish tonight's game vs. East Carter......might be the last win Russell gets this year.

Just sayin'...
^Haha looks like you are a big Russell fan