Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated KMSFA Brackets - 10/17/2011
Also, the Northren Pulaski 8th grade game and 7th grade game against JCTMS and Meade Co will be played at Campbellsville HS. First game 6:30 (7th) and second game (8th) immediately following.

JT Alton Game against Crosby will be played at North Hardin HS.

Barret vs West Hardin will be at PRP
Farnsley vs Newburg will also be at PRP
Talk about a long trip for whoever the traveling team will be in region 4.
If Whitley wins theyll have to travel 3 to 4 hours to johnson co. or almost as much to rowan.
The website won't let me open the brackets. Says I do not have permission to open the document. Is there any where else, I can see the brackets?
Not necessarily. There are many times that our member schools are willing to agree to playing at a neutral site. We have contracts with several locations all across the state for these occassions. For instance, Northern Pulaski (who is undefeated and #1 seed in their region) is travelling to Campbellsville HS to play on Wednesday night versus JCTMS rather than hosting (rightfully) a home game.

It is the spirit like this that MOST of our member programs exhibit. They enjoy the opportunity and their program exemplifies that.

If possible, we will work something similar in Region 4 should that become necessary. Our Championship Coordinator Jeff Mann does an outstanding job of arranging those things.
actually the game is being played at sheldon clark which is a very long drive for Knox and whitley but not very long for Johnson or Rowan. Knox is closer to Lexington than Sheldon Clark. Not very neutral but hopefully next year the neutral site will favor the southeast part of the region. Well at least it should since last year it was in Johnson and now Sheldon Clark. Only fair that it would be somewhere in Southeast part of the state. Union College has a very nice turf field.
I'm just wanting to see the playoff brackets for 8th grade football. Murray is playing 2nd round this saturday at Murray State & I would like to know if anyone else is playing there. I can't find a link that will allow me to view that.
I can't see the brackets either...says I do not have permission either...can someone just post them on here without a link?...It would be greatly appreciated because I can't find them anywhere else at all...Thanks
There should be 4 games at that site on Saturday. 7th, D1,D2 & D3 regional finals.
missytish Wrote:I'm just wanting to see the playoff brackets for 8th grade football. Murray is playing 2nd round this saturday at Murray State & I would like to know if anyone else is playing there. I can't find a link that will allow me to view that.

bella123466 Wrote:I can't see the brackets either...says I do not have permission either...can someone just post them on here without a link?...It would be greatly appreciated because I can't find them anywhere else at all...Thanks

The reason you two cant see the brackets are because you havent been made a full member yet.
You are still in the trial period.
After 5 post with no rules violations, and moderators approval, you will then be full members and allowed to view anything
KMSFA2 Wrote:Not necessarily. There are many times that our member schools are willing to agree to playing at a neutral site. We have contracts with several locations all across the state for these occassions. For instance, Northern Pulaski (who is undefeated and #1 seed in their region) is travelling to Campbellsville HS to play on Wednesday night versus JCTMS rather than hosting (rightfully) a home game.

It is the spirit like this that MOST of our member programs exhibit. They enjoy the opportunity and their program exemplifies that.

If possible, we will work something similar in Region 4 should that become necessary. Our Championship Coordinator Jeff Mann does an outstanding job of arranging those things.

Doesn't Hazard or Perry Central have turf? Just thinking out loud about possible sites.
^
Hazard does but PCC dont.

I dont like middle school teams playing on turf.
Most teams have never played on turf and anyone thats ever played will tell you its two totally different worlds.
I say keep it grass at the middle school level.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

Most teams have never played on turf and anyone thats ever played will tell you its two totally different worlds.

Not many high school coaches will let middle school games be played on there grass fields this time of year. All region finals and state finals games will be played on turf.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I agree completely on grass vs. turf at all levels but Mr. Slate has a point. Most all of the middle schools are at the mercy of the HS program when it comes to wear and tear on the field. Some have their own but very few. The neutral site locations almost have to be turf to hold 3 or 4 games in a day especially if conditions are bad. I was think Hazard (the city) may be a more central location for some teams in the future. But I think it does need to move year to year. I have been told that KCU in Grayson is building a stadium with turf after this season. Could also be a possibility.
130+ miles from Knox or Whitley and 20-30 from Johnson county. NOT A NEUTRAL SITE BY ANY MEANS!!! Not sure the exact distance from Rowan but how deos the region's 3 seed have the closest traveling distance to the region championship? I know Coach Mann works very hard to set these things up but in this case this isnt fair to the young men from Knox or Whitley. Last year it was hosted by the one seed johnson and this year its at a "neutral" site 20-30 mins down the road. If the one seed doesnt get to host and the KMSFA is getting all the money then the neutral site should be closer to the one seed, or at least more neutral. I know the main reason for the neutral site is so that the KMSFA can make more money but it shouldnt be at the expense of its most important aspect, the players!
Do the teams not get a cut of the gate on neutral sites? How about travel expenses? Surely they do you are talking alot of money. :eyeroll:
I am not sure, seems like teams should get a pretty healthy cut because there should be thousands made at each site.
RichBrooks Wrote:130+ miles from Knox or Whitley and 20-30 from Johnson county. NOT A NEUTRAL SITE BY ANY MEANS!!! Not sure the exact distance from Rowan but how deos the region's 3 seed have the closest traveling distance to the region championship? I know Coach Mann works very hard to set these things up but in this case this isnt fair to the young men from Knox or Whitley. Last year it was hosted by the one seed johnson and this year its at a "neutral" site 20-30 mins down the road. If the one seed doesnt get to host and the KMSFA is getting all the money then the neutral site should be closer to the one seed, or at least more neutral. I know the main reason for the neutral site is so that the KMSFA can make more money but it shouldnt be at the expense of its most important aspect, the players!
I just check MapQuest and the distance between Barbourville and Inez is 133.5 miles. The distance between Morehead and Inez is 102.5 miles. The difference is only 31 miles. I understand you wanting a game close to home, but in this region 100 miles seem to be an average trip.
Eagle84 Wrote:I just check MapQuest and the distance between Barbourville and Inez is 133.5 miles. The distance between Morehead and Inez is 102.5 miles. The difference is only 31 miles. I understand you wanting a game close to home, but in this region 100 miles seem to be an average trip.

THe sites are set before the teams are even put in the bracket. I talked to our region rep. and he said the site for next years region finals will be set in December. It is hard to get someone to host. It is alot of work and takes alot of volunteers.
RichBrooks Wrote:I am not sure, seems like teams should get a pretty healthy cut because there should be thousands made at each site.

I believe there is a 40/40/20 split of the gate between the schools and the KYMSFA with each school receiving 40% and the host site keeps concession sales.
Is there no concern for a team playing 6 games in a two week period?
Why do we have to make 5 posts before we can see the schedule / bracket?
Since I can not see the bracket yet can someone Post the 7th Grade matchups for Sat.