Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
46.67%
Johnson Central
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/21/11
This will be an extremely hard fought and tight game. As a JC fan one of the traditions of Putnam I like is Matney wins there. This will be like a home game for JC and the stands will be packed. JC has played against the gun all year and fasces the run everyday in practice. Ashland has only played Belfry which is close to JC and lost. The Matney belly right is hard to defense. Still will be close and could be decided by a field goal and JC has a dandy. Does Ashland have a good FG kicker? If it comes down to a field I hope they have fixed the "Leaning Goal Posts"!
This should be a great game, but I do hope the Tomcats win this. I can't believe I said that publicly, but I think they offer our district's best hope of beating Cov. Cath. Not to say that they can beat them, just our best chance. Other than that I just want to see a great game and would love to be there when and if Jude breaks the record. I noticed alot of the Golden Eagle faithfull posting high scores against Ashland asif they were bringing Boyd or Rowan's D to the game, I hpoe the team is smarter than that or I won't get my great game, only bitter disappointment.
MonsterMan Wrote:This will be an extremely hard fought and tight game. As a JC fan one of the traditions of Putnam I like is Matney wins there. This will be like a home game for JC and the stands will be packed. JC has played against the gun all year and fasces the run everyday in practice. Ashland has only played Belfry which is close to JC and lost. The Matney belly right is hard to defense. Still will be close and could be decided by a field goal and JC has a dandy. Does Ashland have a good FG kicker? If it comes down to a field I hope they have fixed the "Leaning Goal Posts"!

Ha ha we will fix our leaning goal post when you guys fix your sound system Lol. But no Ashland doesn't kick. It's two point conversions all the time.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ha ha we will fix our leaning goal post when you guys fix your sound system Lol. But no Ashland doesn't kick. It's two point conversions all the time.

Fair enough. I predict a close game decided by 3 points or less. Extra points and field goals could be huge. This will go down as a classic!
I plan on being there for this game, but I can't see Ashland stopping Jude completely. If you remember GW came into Putnam Stadium and their BIG running back had nearly 300 yards (299 to be exact) on this defense, so yes I believe he will get his yards, it's just keeping him out of the endzone or having the offense fire on all cylinders. If they hold him under 200 yards I would be VERY, VERY SHOCKED. But anyways good luck to both teams and this should be a game of the ages.
This will be a great game on both sides, both teams know whats at stake. Ashland will be more prepared this year and won't stop Jude but will slow him down some, don't see him breaking record this week. however hope that Hunter has the passing attack going to loosen things up so Ashland can run the ball. If so Ashland will be the winner but if JC takes that away and it's base off of both teams running game JC will come out on top. I'm going with Ashland 32-28, Go Cats
Does any of teams from class 4A district 8 have enough to beat Highlands ( district #8 ) in the playoffs? I would hope so. I would love to see " David slay Goliath " ( underdog beat top dog )
jude takes this game over IMO! jc wins by 2 scores!
I like Ashland in this showdown by a td. I just think they have played a tougher schedule up to this point and I think it will show on the field come friday night.
FBfan4life Wrote:Does any of teams from class 4A district 8 have enough to beat Highlands ( district #8 ) in the playoffs? I would hope so. I would love to see " David slay Goliath " ( underdog beat top dog )

Nope, doubtfull any of them can beat Cov Cath, but here's to hoping.
JC beat Covington Cath last year. No reason to think that they won't this year as well.
I think Cov Cath has improved a bit,but you are perfectly free to disagree, we'll find out in a month or so. I wasn't trying to take anything from Johnson Central for what it's worth.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Now what was the reasoning behind this statement. This is a game very important to the kids on both teams and for you to imply it doesn't matter is insulting to both teams.

Obviously I am saying that neither team is a threat to win the Class 4-A championship. I'm sure it is important to the kids as well as to the worthy and faithful supporters of both schools. Still, this game has little effect on who will be playing at Louisville for the championship. I suppose the game is significant in that it will determine who gets cleaned by FTH and who loses to CovCath. But, I do believe that your boys will win since the game is being played in Ashland. If the game were at JC or on a neutral field, I would pick JC.
FBfan4life Wrote:Does any of teams from class 4A district 8 have enough to beat Highlands ( district #8 ) in the playoffs? I would hope so. I would love to see " David slay Goliath " ( underdog beat top dog )

An all-star team of the two couldn't beat FTH. Your pipe dream will not come true.
Here is one for ya. Talking about FGs. Trent Davis is the State's Top Scorer in Soccer. He is also one of the best kickers in the state. Soth Laurel is hosting the Regional Soccer Tournament and they have messed the Tourny up BAD! They have move Johnson Central's Semi-final game now to Friday at 6 PM and are only playing one game this evening. This is forcing a young man to make a very difficult decision. What if he chooses the soccer game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Truth Wrote:Obviously I am saying that neither team is a threat to win the Class 4-A championship. I'm sure it is important to the kids as well as to the worthy and faithful supporters of both schools. Still, this game has little effect on who will be playing at Louisville for the championship. I suppose the game is significant in that it will determine who gets cleaned by FTH and who loses to CovCath. But, I do believe that your boys will win since the game is being played in Ashland. If the game were at JC or on a neutral field, I would pick JC.

I just don't know what to make of highlands there schedule has been weak outside of boyle and cov cath. Not to say Ashland or JC have played a better schedule. But I feel as if Highlands doesn't beat a depleted 2-6 elder by atleast 3 scores then maybe someone from this area could pull the upset. But if highlands beats the panthers. By 30 or 40 then they probably are the world beaters they've been made out to be.
OffTheHook Wrote:Here is one for ya. Talking about FGs. Trent Davis is the State's Top Scorer in Soccer. He is also one of the best kickers in the state. Soth Laurel is hosting the Regional Soccer Tournament and they have messed the Tourny up BAD! They have move Johnson Central's Semi-final game now to Friday at 6 PM and are only playing one game this evening. This is forcing a young man to make a very difficult decision. What if he chooses the soccer game?
I really hate to see that decision have to be made.The kids talent has been obvious since 07. Lets get the kid a chopper.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I really hate to see that decision have to be made.The kids talent has been obvious since 07.

IMO, he'll be in Ashland. BUT, SL has done nothing but screw both teams over from this county. The kid should never have to make that choice. Especially with an open slot tonight! No matter which he chooses though. You know his heart with be heavy for the other! God Bless you son.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I just don't know what to make of highlands there schedule has been weak outside of boyle and cov cath. Not to say Ashland or JC have played a better schedule. But I feel as if Highlands doesn't beat a depleted 2-6 elder by atleast 3 scores then maybe someone from this area could pull the upset. But if highlands beats the panthers. By 30 or 40 then they probably are the world beaters they've been made out to be.

Surely you don't really believe that Ashland could beat Cincinnati Elder. We're not talking about Raceland, Russell, Boyd County, Rowan County, Greenup County, or Lawrence County. I would suggest that, regardess of its record (look at Elder's schedule), Elder would have little trouble with Ashland- even at Ashland. Have you changed flavors of Kool Aid yet?
OffTheHook Wrote:Here is one for ya. Talking about FGs. Trent Davis is the State's Top Scorer in Soccer. He is also one of the best kickers in the state. Soth Laurel is hosting the Regional Soccer Tournament and they have messed the Tourny up BAD! They have move Johnson Central's Semi-final game now to Friday at 6 PM and are only playing one game this evening. This is forcing a young man to make a very difficult decision. What if he chooses the soccer game?

Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast when you play two sports in the same season. Both teams may really need this kid on Friday I feel for him.
Truth Wrote:Surely you don't really believe that Ashland could beat Cincinnati Elder. We're not talking about Raceland, Russell, Boyd County, Rowan County, Greenup County, or Lawrence County. I would suggest that, regardess of its record (look at Elder's schedule), Elder would have little trouble with Ashland- even at Ashland. Have you changed flavors of Kool Aid yet?

No I'm not suggesting that but if elder were at full strength I don't think highlands would have came within 14 points of them. But highlands isn't playing the same quality elder team that played such a difficult schedule. So I feel if they don't lay it to the panthers whuch they should. But if they don't then both Ashland and JC have the talent to win if highlands made some mistakes and they played a perfect game. But if highlands goes and wins by 30 on Fri then I'll prob concede to you that there is nothing Ashland or JC could do to win that game. But one thing is for sure we will know a lot about how good highlands is after tomorrow.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No I'm not suggesting that but if elder were at full strength I don't think highlands would have came within 14 points of them. But highlands isn't playing the same quality elder team that played such a difficult schedule. So I feel if they don't lay it to the panthers whuch they should. But if they don't then both Ashland and JC have the talent to win if highlands made some mistakes and they played a perfect game. But if highlands goes and wins by 30 on Fri then I'll prob concede to you that there is nothing Ashland or JC could do to win that game. But one thing is for sure we will know a lot about how good highlands is after tomorrow.

With all those state championships year after year, I assumed that everyone- even in your part of the state- knew about FTH. I do, however, agree that it would take a perfect game from Ashland or JC and a real letdown by FTH for either of them to beat FTH. It would also require a good bit of creating officiating which I hear can happen up your way.
Ashland in this one at home, JC, will roll on the ground, but not enough to overtake the Tomcats at Ashland...
Truth Wrote:With all those state championships year after year, I assumed that everyone- even in your part of the state- knew about FTH. I do, however, agree that it would take a perfect game from Ashland or JC and a real letdown by FTH for either of them to beat FTH. It would also require a good bit of creating officiating which I hear can happen up your way.

I do know about all those state champions however that does nothing to tell me about this years team. FTH is one of if not the most tradition rich programs In the state. I don't think I'll ever forget them beating nationally ranked St x with there best player injured. That is the stuff of legend. I may not always agree with some of there fans we can't be beaten attitudes. But I do know and respect there program.
" The bigger they are, the harder they fall" One of these days FTH will fall.It may not be to Central or Ashland but when it happens I can't wait to see how smug some of their fans are then. Highlands is without a doubt a great, winning program but week after week some of the FTH fans are on here running their mouth about Central or other mountain teams not being as good as they are. Give it a rest. Central may not have beaten FTH in the last few years but they have been right there giving it their all.
Truth Wrote:With all those state championships year after year, I assumed that everyone- even in your part of the state- knew about FTH. I do, however, agree that it would take a perfect game from Ashland or JC and a real letdown by FTH for either of them to beat FTH. It would also require a good bit of creating officiating which I hear can happen up your way.

I see questionable calls just about everywhere. You do disservice to highschool players, parents and coaches by saying the officiating is creative. You really want to be on record as having said that?
If Ashland can contain Jude, then force the Eagles into a passing game, I think the Tomcats will win. However, if Jude is breaking big plays off like last year, then Johnson Central will most likely win. Jude got around 285yds last year at Putnam Stadium. The Tomcat defense needs to at least cut that amount in half. Big plays have to be minimal or eliminated for Ashland to win this game.
Just wanted to say im cant wait till kickoff,there is nothing like watching a game at ashland when you walk in the gate you can feel there tradition.with respect to jc i was blown away last week when i saw your stadium it was the first time i had been to a jc game since 06.the nest is a awesome place!good luck to both teams hope for a injury free game and look forward to seeing one of these teams beat the bluebirds in the playoffs.
Its a terrible situation Davis is being put in.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Its a terrible situation Davis is being put in.

I would understand if it was a scheduled game, but it was re-scheduled from earlier in the week. On Thursday night Paintsville played the remainder of their game, which was only like 12 minutes or so. S. Laurel could have easily decided to play the game on Thursday night. But THEY decided THEY wanted to play on Friday even as JC requested it be played on Thursday night or Saturday. How low has football fallen in that school district for them to even allow this to happen.

A bunch of FS'ers if you ask me!:redboxer: