Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
46.67%
Johnson Central
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/21/11
sstack Wrote:I do not believe strength of schedule will come into play in this game. Neither schedule is very strong, so do not think it will be a factor. The key to game will be if Ashland can slow down JC's running game. I look for JC to win by 2 scores.
It looks like the HTML tags got screwed up somewhere. I just want to make sure that everybody realizes that I was not making excuses for Ashland losing to Johnson Central for the 6th straight time last season. (You responded to Gapman's post.)

Johnson Central's schedule has been strong enough to prepare it for Ashland. Matney has done a good job of scheduling teams wits some talented quarterbacks and athletic receivers to develop their pass defense. Under Matney, JC always seems to have some talented freshmen and/or sophomores in the secondary and they often struggle early in the season. The Golden Eagles face a pretty potent rushing offense in practice every day, so they will be prepared well for Ashland's ground game.
Johnson Central 42-28
Ashland in a close one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take JC in a tight one. 21-20
Best game in the area this week for sure!
JC-21
Ashland-14
Ashland wins big.
Ashland has played the tougher teams say what you want Gw,Belfry,Russell,Ironton all better teams than JC has played Perry is all that Jc has played. I look for a close game just like Belfry Ashland game. Hard to pick a winner, but Ashland can stop jude going to say ashland by 6.:Thumbs:
Bears Boy Wrote:Ashland wins big.

I wish but it isn't happening no blowouts in this one
I got the Tomcats in a close one. Considering its at Ashland, should be a great atmosphere.

Ashland- 34
Johnson Central- 31
Ironton and Russell are not that good this year
falcon ed Wrote:Ironton and Russell are not that good this year

It's been 30 years since Ironton wasn't good.
Ashland wont be able to handle Jude, just like they never have. JC wins and wins district again for the however many straight years its been.
jc wins this game. the tomcats will not be able to stop jude. jc's defense has gotten better vs the spread. jc would beat perry central if they played again.
Going with Johnson Central on this one.

Good luck to both Teams. Should be a Great Game.
I really think everyone who thinks this is going to be an "epic battle" will be disappointed. Central will win big. JC-38 Ashland-13
JC will take this one by at least 10 points.
jc has really only ran 3 plays all year out of the belly.matney has more plays then he has let people see' far as teams played ironton and russell wont play jc. so they r no way to tell how good they r, matney has played alot of young playes on d so they could get game time. but i would say u would see alot of jr sr playing on d. asland always falls apart by half time. 2 much black and gold in the tomcats kool aid //// atleast we get to go 2 the texas road house before the game , jc 48 kitty cats 12.
I'm going with the Tomcats in this one. It's at Ashland and the Tomcats are eager to regain the district. Outside of Jude,Johnson Central has no other threat. I don't intend to sound harsh but the truth is the truth. I watched their first two games over the net and I thought that both of their lines didnt look very good and their pass defense was terrible. I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see them on film again and give an updated assessment. Our defense will have something special for the Golden Eagle offense this season and I just don't see them moving the ball with any consistency.
Ashland 30
Johnson Central 14
eagles2011 Wrote:jc has really only ran 3 plays all year out of the belly.matney has more plays then he has let people see' far as teams played ironton and russell wont play jc. so they r no way to tell how good they r, matney has played alot of young playes on d so they could get game time. but i would say u would see alot of jr sr playing on d. asland always falls apart by half time. 2 much black and gold in the tomcats kool aid //// atleast we get to go 2 the texas road house before the game , jc 48 kitty cats 12.

Keep dreaming and way to use that fine JC education.
eagles2011 Wrote:jc has really only ran 3 plays all year out of the belly.matney has more plays then he has let people see' far as teams played ironton and russell wont play jc. so they r no way to tell how good they r, matney has played alot of young playes on d so they could get game time. but i would say u would see alot of jr sr playing on d. asland always falls apart by half time. 2 much black and gold in the tomcats kool aid //// atleast we get to go 2 the texas road house before the game , jc 48 kitty cats 12.

If that is the final score I the Texas roadhouse is on me.

Judging by some of these predictions I hope the JC players don't have the same attitude and respect the tomcats as this team more resembles the team in 09 that gave you everything you wanted and then some as opposed to the defense of last year.
Ashland-24
Johnson Central-20
Improving JC team by 14
Ashland should win since the game is played at Ashland. Still, neither is a threat to win the region.
This game is going to be a dog fight at first but I think in the end it will be just too much JJ Jude for the Tomcats to pull this one out.

JC-35-
Ashland-21

Does anyone have an exact number on how close Jude is to the record?
I think Johnson Central has gotten better and improved every game. I think this will be a close game, but I think Jude will be the difference. I don't think it will be a high scoring game. I say Johnson Central 21-14.
dirtybird Wrote:This game is going to be a dog fight at first but I think in the end it will be just too much JJ Jude for the Tomcats to pull this one out.

JC-35-
Ashland-21

Does anyone have an exact number on how close Jude is to the record?

Someone posted in the Jude, whales record tracker thread that it was close to 300 I do believe. Realistically he prob breaks it against belfry. But he has turned putnam stadium into his own personal playground in the past and it would be sort of fitting for the record to be broken in such a historic stadium and part of such a fun rivalry.
Anything less than a 1TD game will be a shocker. Tomcats by 3.
:happysmile: with my third grade education i guess i mispelled some words, but i know the kitty cats are gonna lose at home, and jj will break the record. matney probably will have plays you've never seen before. dream on kitty cat nation! pray texas roadhouse has good food, the game will be over by halftime, central will be FAR ahead. :flush:
i guess i shouldn't talk about tomcat pride, they might try to poison me at the roadhouse! still thinking jc will win easy.. eagles have to much pride not to have a good-night. hope they dont bring the firetrucks in to wet the field down, so jj cant run. i heard they installed field goal cameras just incase there was a close game. hate to tie two kitty-cat tails together and throw them other the fieldgoal post!
oh wait, i meant over the fieldgoal post not other. thats my third grade education! Smile