Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Russell Co 10/21
^lol.

Nick Britt certainly can fly, but he is like Reggie Bush, he has to get to the outside. He could not at all on Rock because the line kept collapsing and the defenders were staying in their lanes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^lol.

Nick Britt certainly can fly, but he is like Reggie Bush, he has to get to the outside. He could not at all on Rock because the line kept collapsing and the defenders were staying in their lanes.

He's not the fastest kid in the state, but he has a really good skill set and runs with his eyes. If you were to watch a highlight tape of him his style is very reminiscent of Barry Sanders. He's the kind of back that might rush 5 times for 7 or 8 yards, then he'll go 60 leaving 3 or 4 defenders looking foolish.

However, Nick is not our only weapon like most people think. He's usually involved in less than 1/2 of our plays. Sometimes the mere threat of him being on the field is our greatest asset.

I think both coaches will be making adjustments during the game, and team who's players adjust the best will get the win.
as a rock fan i am pulling for russel county so it can be a 3 way tie. no offense to knox central. BUT... if you guys play like you did against rock the other night, look to beat russell county.
where is your stadium located.are you guys in central time zone?will the game start on central time?
I hope the Panther Nation is planning on bringing a lot of fans. We are moving our band out of the bleachers to make room for the crowd. Should be standing room only. I remember when I was in grade school we'd take the fan buses to the KC games. Cawood was always a special trip, because you sometimes got rocked on the way out.
^Central time zone. If you are coming from the East then get to Somerset and take the parkway west towards Bowling Green. Take the 2nd exit that says Russell Springs/Jamestown and then turn right once you get to the end of the on-ramp. Follow the road until you see the bright lights. Enjoy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
big blu 2 u Wrote:where is your stadium located.are you guys in central time zone?will the game start on central time?

We are on Central Time. The game is scheduled for 6:30 Central / 7:30 Eastern. To get to our field coming from Somerset you take the parkway to the Russell Springs / Jamestown Exit (I think it's #62 or 63), at the top of the ramp you turn right towards Jamestown. The school will be about a mile on the left. The field is to the right of the high school building.
Russell Co-35
Knox Co-13
I'm a panther fan a really hope they win this for coach Russell and bring home the first ever distract championship. Whith that said I think Russell co. is not to be underestamated they have a really good team and a great running back. Knox just seems to rolling right now and have so many good weapons Jeffery, Evans, Barger, Barger, Hayden just because this kid is a freshman don't forget him he will be in on every play and hit hard can't even name them all. Not really missing coach mills enjoying the start of the Russell era been a fun ride so far. The winning tradition is alive and well at Knox. Not going to give a score just good luck to both teams and hope someone wins this distract outright. Go get em panthers everyone in the panther nation is pulling for you.
Hopefully Codi Diamond can have a big game and help the Panthers come away with the victory!
^Would I expect anything different?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am really excited to see our community getting fired up about this game! I have seen facebook posts from players, parents, school and community leaders pleading with folks to come out Friday night! I have caught wind of community pep rallies! Laker Stadium will be rockin Friday night like never before. Two great teams, loaded with playmakers, with it all on the Line, I CAN NOT WAIT!!!
king360 Wrote:Hopefully Codi Diamond can have a big game and help the Panthers come away with the victory!
I spoke to him personally yesterday... LOL. He and Grubb are both sharpening their claws for this one. He has a ton of respect for the Lakers and knows they are top notch team. Grubb and Diamond have anchored one of the best DLines in 4A football since they were Freshmen. They will be a mess for anyone to handle - especially with their schools first ever Title on the line. That said, Russell has a very capable group on their OLine that have led the charge for the Lakers to put up big points all year. The competition in the trenches will be a site to behold and likely a big factor in determining who comes out on top.

Is it Friday yet? Panthers.
laker20 Wrote:I hope the Panther Nation is planning on bringing a lot of fans. We are moving our band out of the bleachers to make room for the crowd. Should be standing room only. I remember when I was in grade school we'd take the fan buses to the KC games. Cawood was always a special trip, because you sometimes got rocked on the way out.
We have a solid core of fans that can be counted on to support us. We all would like to see that number be bigger but we are thankful for what we have. Hopefully, with the big win Friday we will pull a few new faces to the game.
I think this will be the game of the week (maybe the year). I think Knox will control the line more than Russell. However, Russell is not like Rockcastle on offense. They have a strong running game but they do a lot more passing. I think this will create more of a problem for Knox as they can't just play that stacked defense like they did againt Rock. I think Russell will try to spread them out and take advantage of the speed they have after the catch, and they do have speed. I think Russell will have a totally different look on defense and if Knox passes the whole game like last week, I don't think it will be as successful. Knox has speed and got a lot of yardage after the catch against Rock, but the Russell secondary is much faster than Rock's. I think the trenches will be won by Knox and they will run the ball much more than last game. I think whoever wants it more and gives the best effort will take this one. I think Russell pulls out a very close one, the kicker and field position making the difference.

Russell Co. 23
Knox Central 21
HonestJohn Wrote:I think this will be the game of the week (maybe the year). I think Knox will control the line more than Russell. However, Russell is not like Rockcastle on offense. They have a strong running game but they do a lot more passing. I think this will create more of a problem for Knox as they can't just play that stacked defense like they did againt Rock. I think Russell will try to spread them out and take advantage of the speed they have after the catch, and they do have speed. I think Russell will have a totally different look on defense and if Knox passes the whole game like last week, I don't think it will be as successful. Knox has speed and got a lot of yardage after the catch against Rock, but the Russell secondary is much faster than Rock's. I think the trenches will be won by Knox and they will run the ball much more than last game. I think whoever wants it more and gives the best effort will take this one. I think Russell pulls out a very close one, the kicker and field position making the difference.

Russell Co. 23
Knox Central 21

I think your dead on with how the game will be played, and it should be a very good game. If it tops the Russell-Rock game then it very well could be one of the best games of the year.TongueirateSho
^That is a tough one to beat. If it does, I hope ihigh.com or someone records it and gets me a copy, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^That is a tough one to beat. If it does, I hope ihigh.com or someone records it and gets me a copy, lol.

Duo-County broadcasts the game on the local channel. If you have DVR you can record it. I always do.
laker20 Wrote:He's not the fastest kid in the state, but he has a really good skill set and runs with his eyes. If you were to watch a highlight tape of him his style is very reminiscent of Barry Sanders. He's the kind of back that might rush 5 times for 7 or 8 yards, then he'll go 60 leaving 3 or 4 defenders looking foolish.

However, Nick is not our only weapon like most people think. He's usually involved in less than 1/2 of our plays. Sometimes the mere threat of him being on the field is our greatest asset.

I think both coaches will be making adjustments during the game, and team who's players adjust the best will get the win.

Ok I am pulling for Russel not just because I am Rock fan but I think Russel fan base is better. but now come on comparing Britt to sanders is way out there i mean way out there he is more like darren sproyles if your going to compare. I was the biggest Barry Sanders fan ever , Britt is good real good
laker20 Wrote:I think your dead on with how the game will be played, and it should be a very good game. If it tops the Russell-Rock game then it very well could be one of the best games of the year.TongueirateSho

Notice the 23 score for Russell. That is 2 TD's and 3 FG's. Knox's QB had a lot of time to stay in the pocket on Rock, If he gets that much time in this game they may have the advantage. But Rock only rushed 3 or 4 and dropped the rest back for coverage, and still got burned. I don't think that will happen here, but that is why we play the game. The team that handles the other teams adjustments best usually wins--sometimes just outmatched. Canady and Britt should cancel each other out, that is why the kicker is the difference in this one. I saw a new player for Knox (#34?) in the Rock game. He was fast and evasive after the catch and scored a couple of time I do believe. They were on fire that game though. Smoking!!!!!!!
laker20 Wrote:Duo-County broadcasts the game on the local channel. If you have DVR you can record it. I always do.

I have Dish Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rustyankle Wrote:Ok I am pulling for Russel not just because I am Rock fan but I think Russel fan base is better. but now come on comparing Britt to sanders is way out there i mean way out there he is more like darren sproyles if your going to compare. I was the biggest Barry Sanders fan ever , Britt is good real good

You'd be surprised at the moves that he has when needed. He's had a number of runs where he looked very similar to #20 in College. I'm not trying to say that he's that good.....because no one ever has been or will be again.
I hope he pulls them moves off friday night laker20
laker20 Wrote:I hope the Panther Nation is planning on bringing a lot of fans. We are moving our band out of the bleachers to make room for the crowd. Should be standing room only. I remember when I was in grade school we'd take the fan buses to the KC games. Cawood was always a special trip, because you sometimes got rocked on the way out.

Especially during this "Halloween" time of year!!
:biggrin:
KC will dominate the LOS in this match-up and dominate the time of possession. The closer the game gets the less I believe it will be close. KC will capture the first district title.
I've heard a lot of people say it would be Knox Central's first district championship. I haven't found the proof yet, but I thought KC won a district title in 1975.
Not sure it is fair the say Britt and Canady will cancel each other out. Britt is amazing but Canady is 200 lbs of football playing right at you. He is an offensive weapon as most have learned but the hits he brings from safety are reason enough for some to take up golf as a fall sport as opposed to carrying or catching the ball. He intercepts balls for TD's, punts balls 60 yards, catches and runs it as good as anyone, and brings bone jarring hits that are ferocious deterrents for anyone thinking of trying to go up for a catch.

Equalize to some degree... maybe; but cancel out - not by math. :-)
Football1 Wrote:Not sure it is fair the say Britt and Canady will cancel each other out. Britt is amazing but Canady is 200 lbs of football playing right at you. He is an offensive weapon as most have learned but the hits he brings from safety are reason enough for some to take up golf as a fall sport as opposed to carrying or catching the ball. He intercepts balls for TD's, punts balls 60 yards, catches and runs it as good as anyone, and brings bone jarring hits that are ferocious deterrents for anyone thinking of trying to go up for a catch.

Equalize to some degree... maybe; but cancel out - not by math. :-)

Luckily, we have the luxury of having those types of guys on defense without having to take our best offensive weapon and play him on both sides of the ball. This allows him the ability to be just as dangerous in the 4th quarter as he is in the 1st.
^Some can go both ways and it not have a big impact on 4th quarter performance and others can't. Of course we like to think we have chosen athletes to shoulder that responsibility who can keep their level of play high - but no way to prove that. Clearly, when we played PCC and it was 100 degrees on the field it was a factor in the game. We led for 3 quarters. As the heat has faded it has been no issue. But in a game like this where our secondary may be chasing the gazelle on a bunch of plays - it could.
The weather is playing into KC advantage.