Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Russell Co 10/21
I think Russel wins this one 47-36
I think if the Russell Co. offensive and defensive line can not get pushed around and manhandled they have a good chance at winning this game. Their secondary is better than anyone I have seen this year. They looked very good against Rock and picked off three passes. If their defensive line can penetrate and not give Knox's QB all day in the pocket they will most likely win this game. If their line (both O and D) gets pushed around, I think Knox will win by 4 TD's. Should be a great game. I may try to catch this one.
i really think i may attend this game
HonestJohn Wrote:I think if the Russell Co. offensive and defensive line can not get pushed around and manhandled they have a good chance at winning this game. Their secondary is better than anyone I have seen this year. They looked very good against Rock and picked off three passes. If their defensive line can penetrate and not give Knox's QB all day in the pocket they will most likely win this game. If their line (both O and D) gets pushed around, I think Knox will win by 4 TD's. Should be a great game. I may try to catch this one.

The line play will be a huge factor in the outcome of this game. I don't think the Lakers have to win the battle up front, but they have to be competitive and not be dominated. A lot of this will be determined by the passing game...if they bring pressure or load up the box, we have to be able to beat them with some quick passes to the edges. We have become accustom to long plays (50+ Yards) and can't depend on that to happen in this game.

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:i really think i may attend this game

Hope both you guys decide to come to the game, we have a pretty good facility and the atmosphere will be second to none. It should be a great game with a lot at stake. Our seating is all on one side of the field our fan's are second to none when it comes to supporting the team and showing good sportsmanship to the opponents.

It will be a chance to watch two of the premier HS jrs on the same field, and should be well worth watching......and hopefully we'll be putting on a fairly descent fireworks display to boot.TongueirateSho
^My wife got me tickets to Casting Crowns, Sanctus Real and the Afters for my birthday on Friday. If it wasn't for that, I would go. It is only a 15 minute drive from the Union Chapel UMC parsonage.

RockSolid, if you go, you should come by.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After watching both teams play Rock the last two weeks I think it will be a high scoring affair with Knox pulling it out 42-35.
My guess is that somebody will think the refs suck!
zebra'seyes Wrote:My guess is that somebody will think the refs suck!

:lame:

:please: :beg: :gtfo:
Just as I figured the Rock vs PCC game was a poor indicator of what would happen when we played Rock; I feel the same way here. Stopping Russell will be a far different task than stopping Rock. Against Russell we have to deal with a big play factor that has to contained on a home field.

This will be a tough game for us but I think we can win if we keep the offense unpredicatale and the defense aggressive.
Football1 Wrote:Just as I figured the Rock vs PCC game was a poor indicator of what would happen when we played Rock; I feel the same way here. Stopping Russell will be a far different task than stopping Rock. Against Russell we have to deal with a big play factor that has to contained on a home field.

This will be a tough game for us but I think we can win if we keep the offense unpredicatale and the defense aggressive.

I agree, if you had to pick which of these three teams was the best it would be hard to do. They are all very similar, but drastically different. It all comes down to match ups, and individual performance within those match ups. Just as I stated prior to the Rock-Russell, either team could win big, or it could come down to who has the ball last. I think all three of these teams could play multiple games and I'm not sure we could decide who's best.

Come playoff time though, I hope that our 3 seed can go to Boyle and pull the upset, which could make a 2nd Rd rematch of Knox@Rock, Knox@russell, or Russell@Knox.
That is a great point about our 3 seed. I think it is very likely that could happen. I talked to a guy who is an official up there and he said Boyle was not near as stout this year as in years gone by. That could still leave them being very good - but it does at least open the door to the possibility of a rematch playoff game.

We are all looking very forward to this game. Russell is having a tremendous season and we sort of feel like ours just started. This game is an opportunity for Russell to prove they are even better than everybody thinks and an op for us to prove we are as well. The only way 2 teams get to have a game like the one we have coming is to win early and often. Both teams have done that now we old guys get to enjoy the battle when the meet. Gotta love that.
Football1 Wrote:That is a great point about our 3 seed. I think it is very likely that could happen. I talked to a guy who is an official up there and he said Boyle was not near as stout this year as in years gone by. That could still leave them being very good - but it does at least open the door to the possibility of a rematch playoff game.

We are all looking very forward to this game. Russell is having a tremendous season and we sort of feel like ours just started. This game is an opportunity for Russell to prove they are even better than everybody thinks and an op for us to prove we are as well. The only way 2 teams get to have a game like the one we have coming is to win early and often. Both teams have done that now we old guys get to enjoy the battle when the meet. Gotta love that.

I think the out of state games gave you guys a chance to regroup and stay under the radar at the same time. LWC and I talked last year about this new district alignment and the fact that KC would probably be the team to beat. I think the late coach selection put you guys a bit behind at the start, but the team has come along nicely.

As far as enjoying the game, I've been counting the clock for close to a year now. I've been around Panther football since the 70's. I remember watching Oliver White when he decided to play football his senior year and committed to UK and decided to sit out basketball. I remember when Coach Ragland came in an took the Panthers to their first playoff game. I know what this game and potential district title means to the Blue and Gold. I spent a number of years supporting and being part of the Panther nation. I'm a Panther Alum with a son who's a Laker Alum. So, for me it's a win-win, but the current Laker program is part of what my son and several of his friends help to start a few years back. So, during the game I'll be cheering for the Lakers.
Boyle may not be as strong as usual but they would still be at home and having to play there would not be the preferred route. They would be favored against any of the 3 teams.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Boyle may not be as strong as usual but they would still be at home and having to play there would not be the preferred route. They would be favored against any of the 3 teams.

I agree, that Boyle will be the favorite regardless of the opponent our district produces, and home field advantage for Boyle is harder to overcome than a lot of other home fields in the state. But all three of these teams have the potential to pull the upset. Boyle doesn't have the best passing game, and both Rock and Knox are really strong against the run. Russell Co. has the ability to produce points by the bunches, and has one of the best punters/kickers in the state. So, we can usually afford to give up a few more yards without giving up the points. In 2009 we lost to Lone Oak and in 2010 we almost upset ACS, both went on to the finals to loose to Boyle.

It should turn out to be a really good game, and one of the best in the 1st round.,,,it won't be like they're playing Bourbon Co for a third year in a row.
laker20 Wrote:I think the out of state games gave you guys a chance to regroup and stay under the radar at the same time. LWC and I talked last year about this new district alignment and the fact that KC would probably be the team to beat. I think the late coach selection put you guys a bit behind at the start, but the team has come along nicely.

As far as enjoying the game, I've been counting the clock for close to a year now. I've been around Panther football since the 70's. I remember watching Oliver White when he decided to play football his senior year and committed to UK and decided to sit out basketball. I remember when Coach Ragland came in an took the Panthers to their first playoff game. I know what this game and potential district title means to the Blue and Gold. I spent a number of years supporting and being part of the Panther nation. I'm a Panther Alum with a son who's a Laker Alum. So, for me it's a win-win, but the current Laker program is part of what my son and several of his friends help to start a few years back. So, during the game I'll be cheering for the Lakers.
Its a small world for sure. I got introduced to Panther football while playing for Union in the early 90's. Thin years for the most part. I have heard stories about Oliver White. Would love to have seen him play.

Like you, I have a kid who plays. He and his buds enjoyed great success in the Jr program and in Middle School. I used to get tired of hearing - "Yeah but, high school is different...". Well they have proven that not to be the case every year since his freshmen season winning more games than KC has ever won in any 4 year stretch. I'm proud of how he plays but as much of that I am proud of the brotherhood he has with those he shares the game with and the respect he has for his coaches. KC football is a family where the good and the bad is dealt with together - and that is what makes any program grow.

Go Panthers.
I was totally shocked when I seen the Panthers spread the field against the Rock. It was a perfect game plan thought through. Coach Russel proved that he has the ability to win over good teams. I look for Coach Russel and staff to try the waters with a multiple looks on offense. Our line will be the key along with good decisions by Barger. I know the Panthers will come out fired up to get their first district title ever. It is within reach but it is not ours until we have fought the battle. I have had the pleasure to have helped coach some of these kids in Jr football league along side of their dads. We had a vision that this day might be ours for the taking. I know the young men will be as fired up as I am. It is time that all your sweat blood and tears have paid off. Go fight with everything that you have got! I will definetly be there to support the panthers win or lose. I predict that the panther win with the right game scheme. If we stay unpredictable we will win. If Russell County reads all of our plays we may be in for a long night. I can not say how good Russell County is. I know nothing about them other than what I here. From the sounds of everthing, if we can keep the ball out of the hands of their defensive backs we stand a good chance of wining this game. LETS GO PANTHERS!!! BRING HOME YOUR FIRST DISTRICT TITLE!!! THE PANTHER NATION WILL SHOW THEIR PRESENCE AT THE GAME FOR SURE!
Prototype Wrote:I was totally shocked when I seen the Panthers spread the field against the Rock. It was a perfect game plan thought through. Coach Russel proved that he has the ability to win over good teams. I look for Coach Russel and staff to try the waters with a multiple looks on offense. Our line will be the key along with good decisions by Barger. I know the Panthers will come out fired up to get their first district title ever. It is within reach but it is not ours until we have fought the battle. I have had the pleasure to have helped coach some of these kids in Jr football league along side of their dads. We had a vision that this day might be ours for the taking. I know the young men will be as fired up as I am. It is time that all your sweat blood and tears have paid off. Go fight with everything that you have got! I will definetly be there to support the panthers win or lose. I predict that the panther win with the right game scheme. If we stay unpredictable we will win. If Russell County reads all of our plays we may be in for a long night. I can not say how good Russell County is. I know nothing about them other than what I here. From the sounds of everthing, if we can keep the ball out of the hands of their defensive backs we stand a good chance of wining this game. LETS GO PANTHERS!!! BRING HOME YOUR FIRST DISTRICT TITLE!!! THE PANTHER NATION WILL SHOW THEIR PRESENCE AT THE GAME FOR SURE!
Well said!
This will be the game of the night. The spread will be a non-factor, the lakers secondary is more than capable of shuting it down. With that said:

Panthers 30
Lakers 28 :Shaking::Shaking::Shaking::Shaking::Shaking:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:This will be the game of the night. The spread will be a non-factor, the lakers secondary is more than capable of shuting it down. With that said:

Panthers 30
Lakers 28 :Shaking::Shaking::Shaking::Shaking::Shaking:
Interesting. How many teams has RC played this year that empty the backfield and pass at least the majority of the time? Just curious...

Thanks.
Whitley ran the ball on Russell, Rock ran the ball on Russell. I don't think KC will completely go to the spread b/c of that. We have an advantage on the OL and DL, I expect Coach R to take advantage of it.

I do worry some about RC running the outside zone with their outstanding RB. Our defensive play has been off during the year some and caused us some problems.

KC 28
RC 14
Remember, we aren't a Mt team, our history is predominantly against teams from the west, of which most run pass oriented offenses. Several of our boys played against Lone Oak in 2009, and few teams run spread like Lone Oak:

Player School Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM
Cameron Looper Lone Oak 15 359 243 1 3469 39 231

We have played several teams like Logan County who will generaly run spread and throw the ball 300 times a year. In fact, the spread is more familiar to us than the power game ran by most Mt teams. But to answer your question, South Laurel is really the only team that we played this year that ran spread. Pulaski may have done so for a few plays.

Simply switching formations will not throw the Laker's off. You won't see total confusion out of us the way that you did from Rock. In order to win the game the Panthers will simply have to out-execute the Lakers.
knox wins by 2 or 3 scores!
William Muney Wrote:Whitley ran the ball on Russell, Rock ran the ball on Russell. I don't think KC will completely go to the spread b/c of that. We have an advantage on the OL and DL, I expect Coach R to take advantage of it.

I do worry some about RC running the outside zone with their outstanding RB. Our defensive play has been off during the year some and caused us some problems.

KC 28
RC 14

I think your right about pretty much everything except you got the score mixed up :lmao:
KC will run more than they throw this week. 70/30 run to pass.
If russell wins adn creates a 3 way tie, What places will each team be in.
^If R.C wins and Rockcastle wins out.......
1st-Rock
2nd-Russell
3rd-Knox
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lets go Lakers
Lets Go Lakers ,
laker20 Wrote:Remember, we aren't a Mt team, our history is predominantly against teams from the west, of which most run pass oriented offenses. Several of our boys played against Lone Oak in 2009, and few teams run spread like Lone Oak:

Player School Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM
Cameron Looper Lone Oak 15 359 243 1 3469 39 231

We have played several teams like Logan County who will generaly run spread and throw the ball 300 times a year. In fact, the spread is more familiar to us than the power game ran by most Mt teams. But to answer your question, South Laurel is really the only team that we played this year that ran spread. Pulaski may have done so for a few plays.

Simply switching formations will not throw the Laker's off. You won't see total confusion out of us the way that you did from Rock. In order to win the game the Panthers will simply have to out-execute the Lakers.
Sounds like the Lakers are well versed in passing game. I have no idea what we will run come Friday night. I suspect we will try to leverage our size advantage in places and run the ball more. But that spread worked so well that it might be a good move too with the speed we have in skill spots.

I have heard 28 is the fastest kid in KY which means we will have our hands full keeping him between the corners. No easy task - but one we will be working hard to pull off.

Go Panthers.
Football1 Wrote:Sounds like the Lakers are well versed in passing game. I have no idea what we will run come Friday night. I suspect we will try to leverage our size advantage in places and run the ball more. But that spread worked so well that it might be a good move too with the speed we have in skill spots.

I have heard 28 is the fastest kid in KY which means we will have our hands full keeping him between the corners. No easy task - but one we will be working hard to pull off.

Go Panthers.

Thats what you call good coaching lol