Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs JC Middle
What's hard to understand is why they would even play the first game of the playoffs if they knew they wouldn't be able to keep the commitment to play in the championship game? Did they think they wouldn't make it? And, you're telling me now that the offer to play after the state playoffs, they WANT to play Paintsville? AND, that they couldn't risk injury because of the state playoffs, but they just played Hazard Thursday night? Injuries can't happen in practice? Surely they practice. Pretty sure - as willing as Paintsville was to play them TODAY and the other day they proposed- that they would play any day IF the offer was made. By the way, whose decision was it to NOT play? Which coach, I mean.
Emmit Brown Wrote:I'm curious of that myself. I wonder how many games Matney has been to at Paintsville to recruit. What players has he recruited from Paintsville? If a player is any count and loves football, where would he want to play? Where would a parent want to send their child? Paintsville and play for a team that has 50 fans in the stands and cannot beat the likes of Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, etc. Not to mention that they get embarrassed by giving up more points weekly than any other team in Class A. Or would you want to play for a premier program like Johnson Central? Who wouldn't want to play infront of thousands weekly and for a program with great facilities. Also who wouldnt want to play for a team that wins district championships and has a chance to play better competition with a chance of more exposure for a scholarship. Paintsville will continue to "do" themselves in as long as they are a bottom of the barrell program and does nothing about it.
:Thumbs:
TigerFan3 Wrote:Eagle, how many 7th graders played in the game Saturday? Seriously....that's the "reason" you want to go with? As far as Matney recruiting, I only know he ATTENDED the Paintsville Junior High game against Leslie Co. Maybe he just wanted to see a good football game. As for the kids on the team, I don't think they're recruitable. At least I know a few who aren't. Nice flattery, though, to have a coach the caliber of Matney coming to watch them. I just think you mistook who was doing the dreaming, EagleEye.

Maybe he attended because the kids that come on friday night asked him too:yikes:. And if he wanted to see a good football game he SURE didn't want to come on Friday night :lmao:. I guess you guys are knowledgable on recruiting since you have done it for so long(and still trying :biggrinSmile. Or maybe we just wanted better competition on Tuesday night:thatsfunn.
Wel, I guess my question has been answered Bob!

NOT any time soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Wel, I guess my question has been answered Bob!

NOT any time soon.

Never happen. Hell I thought there was gonna be a fight at the volleyball game last week.
Redneck Wrote:JC forfiets, Paintsville is Big Sandy Valley Champs. IDK when JC plays in the state play-offs, but Paintsville plays Louisa Wednsday at Paintsville. Paintsville tried to get JC to play the game yesterday (Saturday Oct 15th) but JC wouldn't play. I guess that's good for Paintsville, one less game for Matney to show up to and try to recruit our talented middle school players.

Hey look guys the village idiot is back. Boy you have some nerve to get on here and say that bull about recruiting. That's a pretty bold accusation. Do you have any proof? Put your money where your mouth is and show us some proof. My guess is you don't, you're just being your typical self. I bet you don't have the balls to say that to Matney's face,I realize you can no longer see your balls but you know what I mean.
I was told that there was about seven 7th graders who play on the eighth grade team at JC. The eighth grade played saturday and each team had two games scheduled for this week that would be a total of five games (six if they played Paintsville) in a week. Common sense tells you thats too much. If Paintsville didn't want to rescedule they should take the forfiet and be happy. They would have been the favorite anyway and stood alot more to loose than the 7th grade team from JC anyway. I saw this game as a potential back breaker for Paintsville anyway. This is the group they are hanging their hat on , what happens if they were to get beat?
^Thanks for the info. If that's the case, it makes sense. But, they should have know better to schedule that many games, with the possibility of playing in a Championship game. What's done is done. Tigers just need to concentrate on the State Playoffs now. Thanks again!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It wasn't that they scheduled additional games. The problem stems from the overlap in the conference and state playoffs. They had to play the games they were assigned or take the forfeit. Since Paintsville would not reschedule the game after the state tournament, JC 7th chose the forfeit in the conference finals rather than the state tournament.
Good luck to both teams in the state tournament! I hope we have 3 state champs in Johnson County when it is all said and done.
Don Carlo Wrote:Hey look guys the village idiot is back. Boy you have some nerve to get on here and say that bull about recruiting. That's a pretty bold accusation. Do you have any proof? Put your money where your mouth is and show us some proof. My guess is you don't, you're just being your typical self. I bet you don't have the balls to say that to Matney's face,I realize you can no longer see your balls but you know what I mean.

Say it to his face? Do you have a chair for him to stand in so it would be eye to eye? Fact is we didnt want to play Paintsville, they would have beat the crap out of us and then we are stuck with mud on our face getting a beat down from a tiny school. Bottom line truth is the truth.
TigerBlues Wrote:Say it to his face? Do you have a chair for him to stand in so it would be eye to eye? Fact is we didnt want to play Paintsville, they would have beat the crap out of us and then we are stuck with mud on our face getting a beat down from a tiny school. Bottom line truth is the truth.

Wow!!!That's some pretty big talk there. What was the reason Paintsviile didn't want to play last year, when they had to go up against the 8th graders instead of the 7th graders? Just asking, as I have no idea why Paintsville cancelled that game, but notice you do fail to bring it up.
Bob, bob, bob.....you see, the way it's set up isn't even apples to apples. The 7th is being "allowed" to play in the small school division with their 40 players in comparison to Paintsville's 14 or so kids. If you combine JCMS 7th & 8th grade teams, you probably have about 80 kids....again to Paintsville's 14. Are you seriously saying that's what you call apples to apples?
Congrats to Paintsville!!!!!!!!!!
Don Carlo Wrote:Hey look guys the village idiot is back. Boy you have some nerve to get on here and say that bull about recruiting. That's a pretty bold accusation. Do you have any proof? Put your money where your mouth is and show us some proof. My guess is you don't, you're just being your typical self. I bet you don't have the balls to say that to Matney's face,I realize you can no longer see your balls but you know what I mean.

:biglmao:You're funny Carlo. The proof I have is the parents of the players, I just spoke to one of em at Wal-Mart on sunday. What makes you think I wouldn't say it to Matney. I'm not the one who gets on here and hides behind a screen name like a little bitch, everyone knows who I am, my avatar and signature tells everybody exactly who I am. Why don't you grow some balls and run your c*ck sucker to my face, you sure don't have a problem doin it hidin behind a computer.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
TigerFan3 Wrote:Bob, bob, bob.....you see, the way it's set up isn't even apples to apples. The 7th is being "allowed" to play in the small school division with their 40 players in comparison to Paintsville's 14 or so kids. If you combine JCMS 7th & 8th grade teams, you probably have about 80 kids....again to Paintsville's 14. Are you seriously saying that's what you call apples to apples?

Nope, just asking why Paintsville backed out last year, since all kinds of accusations are flying from Tiger Country, even going as far as accusing recruiting.

You appear to be knowledgable about what is going on, so why did Paintsville back out last year???

Coming from someone that has no knowledge about what went on this year, do you have an idea why Paintsville declined to play the 7th graders on a date that JCMS suggested to reschedule then? Seems to be a mute subject to me if an offer was made and declined. Just from memory, I dont think it was mentioned last year that Paintsville made any kind of an attempt to reschedule their game, just a flat cancellation.

Heck, I'm just asking questions. I dont have a dog in the fight.
Let's call this what it really is, this year Paintsville thought they might have a team that could compete with JC 7th and their "40 players". For some reason however they decided not to play JC during the regular season. Was it because they had some key injuries at the time or just wanted to get some common oppents to see how they would do? Maybe some other reason altogether, I guess we'll never know the answer. Now this team will not have the chance to prove they can beat JC on the field and some of the Paintsville fans are a little upset about it.
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!!!That's some pretty big talk there. What was the reason Paintsviile didn't want to play last year, when they had to go up against the 8th graders instead of the 7th graders? Just asking, as I have no idea why Paintsville cancelled that game, but notice you do fail to bring it up.
TigersBlues
I guessing by the BGR user name(TigerBlues) you must be a Paintsville Tiger High School Football Fan. (Magoffin County 27, Paintsville 6, Pineville 47, Paintsville 18, Betsy Layne 38, Paintsville 6, Fairview 56, Paintsville 14, & Power House Nicholas County 70, Paintsville 29.) I feel your pain. (Blues)
I understand your frustration with your high school football team and the willingness to want to have a football program that you can have pride in. ( JC had been there in the past) However, putting down a group of 7th grades and their coaches in not very mature. The decision made to reschedule the conference championship game was made due to the priority being the state playoffs. In no way was it in fear of or to disrespect Paintsville 8th Grade Team.
In addition your “ass”umption “Fact is we didnt want to play Paintsville, (A date was offered and Paintsville declined.) they would have beat the crap out of us and then we are stuck with mud on our face getting a beat down from a tiny school.” is seriously inaccurate. To believe that Paintsville 8th Grade would not have had a competitive game with JC 7th show your lack of football knowledge or just lack of intelligence. You keep up looking down the tunnel, believing the light is coming and it will shine on Paintsville Football again.( I would like to see Paintsville Football Pride Return) However, as long as Coach Matney is coaching JC and things stay the same at Paintsville it going to be a lone night.
If it makes you feel good you continue to believe Coach Matney is recruiting your 8th grade players. However, I would like to remind you of the scores I listed above and the Dave Cantrall's Rating which shows Paintsville as one of the lowest 10 rated teams in the state of KY. Under these conditions I would not call it recruiting but more like performing CPR or offering them a life preserver.
This will not be played because of the continuing stupidity and immaturity of the adults involved. It comes down to the fact that no one wants to lose to the other guy so we just won't play and keep it that way.
Ok...one more time (should I type slower?).....Paintsville did NOT cancel last year. We put our big boy Indies on and took our butt whipping. We do NOT schedule JCMS in regular season because the county won't play us in anything else. None of that makes sense, but it is what it is.
Hey Bob, do you ever check your PM's or have you just not thought of something to say back (the PM I sent you last week).

Eagle84, you do know that Paintsville's middle school team is both 7th and 8th graders, NOT just an 8th grade team. They have 14 players total, mixed up of both grades. Hell last year, a couple of these 7th graders played on the middle school team as 6th graders.
I believe Phelps and Morris are the only two 7th graders who play's any major role and in the LC game Paintsville dressed 19 with Cash out.
If they dressed 19 then they got some more kids to come out or they dressed some 6th graders...
TigerFan3 Wrote:Ok...one more time (should I type slower?).....Paintsville did NOT cancel last year. We put our big boy Indies on and took our butt whipping. We do NOT schedule JCMS in regular season because the county won't play us in anything else. None of that makes sense, but it is what it is.
Heck, draw me a picture if it makes you feel better, but before you start getting too smart, you might want to recheck your information.
I'm pretty sure Paintsville did not play the 8th graders last year. They played the 7th graders the year before at Prestonsburg, I do know that.

Like I said, I was just asking questions.
We dressed 19 because we had about 6 6th graders.
Bob....stay with me here. Paintsville has always ONLY had 1 (ONE) middle school football team made up of 7th & 8th graders with some 6th graders from time to time. Last year, our middle school team (the only one we had) lost in the first round of the post season play. As we did the year before that - going in knowing that odds were NOT in our favor. We played the games anyway.
TigerFan3 Wrote:We dressed 19 because we had about 6 6th graders.
I was aware of 2 braxton & nacho.
All of the ones wearing the white pants....6th graders.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Bob....stay with me here. Paintsville has always ONLY had 1 (ONE) middle school football team made up of 7th & 8th graders with some 6th graders from time to time. Last year, our middle school team (the only one we had) lost in the first round of the post season play. As we did the year before that - going in knowing that odds were NOT in our favor. We played the games anyway.

Listen smart guy, I am very much aware of how many teams Paintsville has and has always had. I guarantee I've been around this stuff probably longer than you have been alive. I dont have a dog in it this year but I did last year, and I DO NOT remember Paintsville playing, because last year it would have been an absolute slaughter. Could I be wrong? That is always a possibility, but you can dispense with the smart mouth. As a matter of fact I did not even want JCMS to play Paintsville, because I get no enjoyment out of watching a massacre, no matter who Central plays. Just like now, I hope JCHS never plays Paintsville High again. It is just no fun to watch. It was a massacre when Bill Mike was there as well when Paintsville had some of their better teams. Who wants to watch that stuff? It was time to end the series. As I have mentioned more than once on here I was not trying to get anything started . I was just asking questions, so I dont know why you think you have to run your mouth at me.
I am pretty sure they did not play last year. The last meeting I can remember was 2 years ago, when JC 7th played Paintsville.