Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs JC Middle
Sorry, Bob....just frustrated with adults in general and most people have no idea what they're talking abput but always have an opinion. And, I've been around a lot longer than you think. To all involved - let kids be kids and learn that you win some and you lose some. You have up years and down years - it's all part of it.
Eagle84 Wrote:TigersBlues
I guessing by the BGR user name(TigerBlues) you must be a Paintsville Tiger High School Football Fan. (Magoffin County 27, Paintsville 6, Pineville 47, Paintsville 18, Betsy Layne 38, Paintsville 6, Fairview 56, Paintsville 14, & Power House Nicholas County 70, Paintsville 29.) I feel your pain. (Blues)
I understand your frustration with your high school football team and the willingness to want to have a football program that you can have pride in. ( JC had been there in the past) However, putting down a group of 7th grades and their coaches in not very mature. The decision made to reschedule the conference championship game was made due to the priority being the state playoffs. In no way was it in fear of or to disrespect Paintsville 8th Grade Team.
In addition your “ass”umption “Fact is we didnt want to play Paintsville, (A date was offered and Paintsville declined.) they would have beat the crap out of us and then we are stuck with mud on our face getting a beat down from a tiny school.” is seriously inaccurate. To believe that Paintsville 8th Grade would not have had a competitive game with JC 7th show your lack of football knowledge or just lack of intelligence. You keep up looking down the tunnel, believing the light is coming and it will shine on Paintsville Football again.( I would like to see Paintsville Football Pride Return) However, as long as Coach Matney is coaching JC and things stay the same at Paintsville it going to be a lone night.
If it makes you feel good you continue to believe Coach Matney is recruiting your 8th grade players. However, I would like to remind you of the scores I listed above and the Dave Cantrall's Rating which shows Paintsville as one of the lowest 10 rated teams in the state of KY. Under these conditions I would not call it recruiting but more like performing CPR or offering them a life preserver.

Eagle 84
I am sorry but I am not an Tigers football fan. I was just reeading the post and felt compelled to reply since it was within my right. I never posted three quarters of what you quoted but that's ok I can handle it. Furthermore my son plays for Highlands. What got my reply was that I had to give an answer to my son on why we didn't play Paintsville and I gave him the most honest one I thought of. It was a lesson in politics and everything isn't what it seems until all the excuses that we are bringing up are seen for what they are for, excuses. Last year, year before last ect. this year is now not the the past. If you truly feel my lack of football knowledge and lack of intelligence is the answer to make you feel better about your post then by all means keep your passion alive and keep on posting , I'm sure everyone will realize how smart you really are. I will give you one more to ponder on, if we played our eight grade against them we couldn't beat them. Loosen up those fingers and wow us with your wisdom.
TigerBlues Wrote:Eagle 84
I am sorry but I am not an Tigers football fan. I was just reeading the post and felt compelled to reply since it was within my right. I never posted three quarters of what you quoted but that's ok I can handle it. Furthermore my son plays for Highlands. What got my reply was that I had to give an answer to my son on why we didn't play Paintsville and I gave him the most honest one I thought of. It was a lesson in politics and everything isn't what it seems until all the excuses that we are bringing up are seen for what they are for, excuses. Last year, year before last ect. this year is now not the the past. If you truly feel my lack of football knowledge and lack of intelligence is the answer to make you feel better about your post then by all means keep your passion alive and keep on posting , I'm sure everyone will realize how smart you really are. I will give you one more to ponder on, if we played our eight grade against them we couldn't beat them. Loosen up those fingers and wow us with your wisdom.

You do realize that this years JCMS 8th grade team is last years 7th grade state runner up?

Thanks for wowing us with your wisdom:eyeroll:
TigerFan3 Wrote:Sorry, Bob....just frustrated with adults in general and most people have no idea what they're talking abput but always have an opinion. And, I've been around a lot longer than you think. To all involved - let kids be kids and learn that you win some and you lose some. You have up years and down years - it's all part of it.

Hey dont worry about it.
Hatfields and McCoys. The best thing that ever happend was getting rid of the game, that's the only thing Pville has got right. Whether it be mid school or 9-12, no one can ever get along in Johnson Co over sports:insane:. I hope they combine the two and say have at it, and people say pike Co. gets a bad wrap over fueds. I ain't seen nothin like this.
Bob Seger Wrote:You do realize that this years JCMS 8th grade team is last years 7th grade state runner up?

Thanks for wowing us with your wisdom:eyeroll:

Yes Bob I do, hanging you hat on the past again? Your wisdom is overflowing.
Frank Dux Wrote:Hatfields and McCoys. The best thing that ever happend was getting rid of the game, that's the only thing Pville has got right. Whether it be mid school or 9-12, no one can ever get along in Johnson Co over sports:insane:. I hope they combine the two and say have at it, and people say pike Co. gets a bad wrap over fueds. I ain't seen nothin like this.

This is a itty bitty fued buddy. Go to a game between these two, especially basketball. All hell breaks loose sometime.
TigerBlues Wrote:Yes Bob I do, hanging you hat on the past again? Your wisdom is overflowing.

Uh, it wasn't my past there pal. I had no dog in that one.