Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need every gamers input.
So as a lot of you know I am a serious gamer when it comes to Call Of Duty.
MW3 releases in less than a month and I have been seriously thinking about switching systems.

Here we go boys...

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Pros and cons from both systems.

The pro's of the 360 from my view is well of course I am used to playing Call of Duty on the 360.

Cons - Cost 20 bucks a for 3 months to play 360 online.. Then you have the Red Ring of Death that could happen at any given time leaving you with no system to play.

Pros - PS3 - It is free to play online? Is this true?

Cons - PS3 - I have never played any Call of Duty game on the PS3 (or any game for that matter)..

What are the controls like for the PS3? Are they similar to the xbox360, and if I where to change to PS3 how long would it take to get used to the shooting and actual feel of the game?

As far as graphics go, what are the graphics like on the PS3? Someone told me that PS3's network gets hacked A LOT and also goes down a lot.

Any info before I buy would be greatly appreciated.
ps3 is free to play online thats the only thing good about it IMO
i like the 360 better but haven't played much ps3
XBOX 360. Better game play!

No need for comparison. 360 for sure!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
PSN blows. It has bad support, no party chat (at least it used to not have). Only thing good is it is free.

XBL is what, 50-60 dollars for a year of Gold membership? To me that isn't bad considering how much it gets used.

360 may have red ring of death, but the newer ones are supposed to be free of that problem. PS3's have their own problems similar to RRoD.

Actually if you want to know more about PSn ask BillnZ28 or QQ. They use it more than I.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
The reason I chose ps3 is because I like the controller better. Sure you can say Xbox360 controllers are for men but its just not comfortable.

XBL is a better gaming experience overall but on psn you don't have these noobtubers every match or as much little annoying kids.

I like both systems, it just depends on what you like best
lol, PSN doesn't blow. Don't let your bias for one system make you say dumbass things about the other.

Live is better than PSN overall. Everyone knows this. Sexbawx Live has better support and service, but in my opinion, that's it. PSN is much simpler to use, and, for me at least, that more than makes up for their "lack of service". I've never, ever, had trouble finding a game or anything like that on multiplayer on ANY game, much less Call of Duty. Some people prefer Live over PSN...in 2007, I had both Xbox and PS3 and played online alot, and I decided to stick with my PS3 and sell my Xbox based on that and the graphics. PSN is 100% free, by the way.

The graphics on PS3 are much, much better. I've seen some Xbox fans try to negate that point with some retarded, other point like "you can't even tell the difference man!". Well, if your TV isn't a piece of shit, yes, you can tell a difference, especially when it comes to war and sports games, and movies. PS3 has a Blu-Ray player, of course, and all the games come are Blu-Ray, and actually pretty damn tough when it comes to scratches and all that from what I can tell. An example of this would be the new Ace Combat game. I started playing it, and I thought God had come down and touched my PS3 and TV. It looked so damn real. Everything from color to sound was top of the line, it gets no better than that. I don't even have to mention the difference in Ble-Ray movies from regular DVD's...If/when I buy movies that come out on DVD, I now buy them on Blu-Ray for the extra $5, unless it's a dumb chick movie that my girl picks out. It's worth it.

Also, I bought my PS3 in spring 2007. The disc reader or whatever stopped working for me recently. For what I put that PS3 through, that was GREAT. I moved it all over the country. It went through probably 8 flights, 2 changes of duty-station, 2 very, very violent ex's, and kids. One of my ex's even kicked it and tried to throw it at me..my damn PS3 hit the ground from about 4 feet, and it only got scratched, I couldn't believe it. Definitely the closest I've ever came to pimp slapping the shit out of a female, though. But anyway, the thing was tougher than Rihanna's face. ucwutididthur?

I bought one of the new PS3's about two months ago, and it has been absolutely great for me. In my experience, the risk/reward has been much, much better with the PS3. I don't have any kind of subscription I have to waste money on (because I go out of town alot), don't have to worry about the Ring of Death or any other problem that will make my PS3 just stop working, or anything else really. If I felt the SexBawks was better for you as a COD lover, I'd tell ya bro, but I really don't. I've played every COD with a passion, online and campaign, on my PS3, and it has always been great for me.

You can probably find an un-biased website that will list the pro's and con's of each system and each system's specs...I don't know the exact graphics specs, but the PS3's are much better, that is one thing that can't be argued. Everything else I've said can. Some people have had Xbox for years and have not had a problem with it, others have had a PS3 die on them after 2 days. Ya just never know. But, for the most part, I'd say PS3 is tougher, much more of a beast, and is just much simpler to use. Xbox has better online gaming (though like I've said before on here, I wouldn't use Live if someone was trying to give me a life-time subscription. To me, it just looks to damn stupid, and I don't like how you move around the store and all that. It looks like a kid's game to me, I don't like that shit), better system-specific games (overall). I've also found that the 360 has MANY, MANY more dumbass 12 yr olds cussing like crazy in their little girly voices than PSN has.

Also, your friend is wrong about PSN going down "ALOT". Back in the Summer, Sony got hacked and was down for quite a while, but I don't see that happening ever again, at least not on that scale, and pretty soon after the actual hacking, we could already play online again, just not use the Playstation Store. That incident caused Sony to square away ALOT of things, and now, I'm kind of glad it happened. Don't even consider the hacking thing or any of that when you're trying to figure out which system you want though..it's just not going to happen on that scale again.

Overall bro, I'd say go with the PS3. It's just so simple and so damn reliable, and that's everything to me, especially since I travel alot and I'm so damn busy. Do some Google-ing and hit us back up with what you're thinking.
thedealer12 Wrote:The reason I chose ps3 is because I like the controller better. Sure you can say Xbox360 controllers are for men but its just not comfortable.

XBL is a better gaming experience overall but on psn you don't have these noobtubers every match or as much little annoying kids.

I like both systems, it just depends on what you like best

Exactly. Sums up pretty much my entire post, lol.
Vundy I have both systems and I don't have an unbiased opinion. XBL has always been easier to navigate, connect to and it does give better support than PSN. There is a better online community on XBL than PSN.

As for graphics, in most games I would give the edge to PS3 over XBox. In gameplay they are pretty much identical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I have both systems too and XBL is vastly superior to PSN. I actually haven't even touched my PS3 in about a year, IDK why I still have it. I would probably play it more, but none my friends has one, and they all have 360's. The game play is about the same IMO but the PSN needs some major upgrades if they want to compete with XBL.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Vundy I have both systems and I don't have an unbiased opinion. XBL has always been easier to navigate, connect to and it does give better support than PSN. There is a better online community on XBL than PSN.

As for graphics, in most games I would give the edge to PS3 over XBox. In gameplay they are pretty much identical.

I disagree 100% with the bolded part...I always had trouble navigating XBL when I had it, and never had a problem with PSN, like I mentioned before, it's so simple.

But, if you're used to the Xbox, anything different is going to take a little while to get used to. Same goes for PS3 people.
Well I still havent decided - my cousin is selling his PS3 for 50 bucks and I am getting ready to steal that sucker and give it a shot. The only thing I have come up with is that there probably wont be a lot of people to play with on Call of Duty MW3 that I know. I like playing in partys usually or playing with friends. Is it true you can't use a mic on PSN?
Well guys, I went ahead and bought the PS3.. I just couldn't turn it down. It was a steal. I guess you all will be seeing me on the battle field.. Literally - Battlefield 3 - gonna buy that and try it out.

Thanks to Vundy33 - you definitely talked me into buying the system. I did my research and the PSN has really only went down once and is never going to happen again from what I have read. As far as hackers go - both 360 and PSN is going to have the same nut jobs on both networks trying to mess with online play.

PS3 users be warned - I am not a push over at Call of Duty. I am a little rusty but I did play PS2 a hellofalot.
Ballers Wrote:Well guys, I went ahead and bought the PS3.. I just couldn't turn it down. It was a steal. I guess you all will be seeing me on the battle field.. Literally - Battlefield 3 - gonna buy that and try it out.

Thanks to Vundy33 - you definitely talked me into buying the system. I did my research and the PSN has really only went down once and is never going to happen again from what I have read. As far as hackers go - both 360 and PSN is going to have the same nut jobs on both networks trying to mess with online play.

PS3 users be warned - I am not a push over at Call of Duty. I am a little rusty but I did play PS2 a hellofalot.

I think you'll like it bro. The PS3 he was selling, was it one of the new ones (Smaller with more memory, called the PS3 Slim) or an old one?

And yeah, you definitely gotta buy Battlefield 3. It is going to be so beautiful on the PS3, lol. I'm really only buying it for the campaign. I'm not a huge fan of Battlefield's big games, but I like them every now and then. The damn campaign is going to be epic though..
And yes, you can use a mic on PSN. Whoever told you that is retarded, lol. I'm using a mic as we speak.
I'm assuming it's the old one. here is a pic of it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-meT4Iw7P4tg/TP...tion_3.jpg
vundy33 Wrote:And yes, you can use a mic on PSN. Whoever told you that is retarded, lol. I'm using a mic as we speak.

That is great news, I don't know a thing about online play, do you get a gamertag like you do on xbl? Can you party up? If I made one could I add you as a friend? Other questions that would be helpful.
Yeah, that's the old ones. The only thing bad about them is their memory, but it's not easy to fill the memory up on them.

Yeah, you get a PSN ID. You can party up, only bad thing is I think there's no party chat? But I'm not sure about that, I don't play in parties. I'm pretty sure I heard from my buddy who is a huge PSN/Sony fan that PSN will have Party Chat by Christmas, but who knows. And yeah, you could add me or anyone else as a friend.

When you get it up and running, I'll add you and have my mic on so I can explain some stuff to ya. You'll get the hang of it fast.

Also, if you have a nice TV with an HDMI port, you definitely need to get a HDMI cable. Makes everything so much more beautiful, lol.
Traitor.
Hahahahahahaha...
^I'll let you know once she's up and running vundy.
Amun-Ra Wrote:PSN blows. It has bad support, no party chat (at least it used to not have). Only thing good is it is free.

XBL is what, 50-60 dollars for a year of Gold membership? To me that isn't bad considering how much it gets used.

360 may have red ring of death, but the newer ones are supposed to be free of that problem. PS3's have their own problems similar to RRoD.

Agree with everything said here.

I've had both systems and the 360 is the best, hands down. You ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for"? Well, that's the case with the free online play for Playstation. It sucks, bad.
^Hmmm, that is why some of us pay for AT&T phones too.

:lolrage:
BCF4L Wrote:Agree with everything said here.

I've had both systems and the 360 is the best, hands down. You ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for"? Well, that's the case with the free online play for Playstation. It sucks, bad.

lol man...I've never really had anything to bitch about when it comes to PSN. Is XBL giving you dudes something we don't know about? Drugs? Free UK tickets by any chance?

When I turn an Xbox on, I can't get over the feeling that I'm playing a kid's game.

I need some time on the Xbox to get the feel for it...I've had some extra money lately, I think I might buy one.

Anyone selling one? lol, I'd rather buy it from someone I semi-know than to buy one from someone I don't, or Gamestop.
I have both. For games I play online, such as Call of Duty or Battlefield, I get for the Xbox. But games that I play by myself, Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed or the Arkham Asylum series, I get for PS3