Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is everyone screaming about UK getting a new coach?
I am not a Kentucky fan but didn't they have the number 24th ranked recruiting class in the nation last year?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:There's a big list of in-state kids we have already lost, it's just going to get worse.

Lamar Dawson, Rolandan Finch, Jon Davis, Zeke Pike, Jeremy Clark, Channing Fugate, Tate Nichols, Austin Collinsworth, Justin Green, Jordan Whiting, the list goes on and on....

The biggest player UK lost was right out of their own backyard, Chase Minnifield.

Losing Dawson & Davis last season was a huge hit to the coaching staff.

From what I'm hearing is that Notre Dame has really been after UK commit Patrick Towles, so if Joker was to lose him then he's really going to take a huge hit on next years recruiting class.
tvtimeout Wrote:I am not a Kentucky fan but didn't they have the number 24th ranked recruiting class in the nation last year?

No logic allowed in this discussion bub.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Brooks inherited a team decimated by probation and scholarship losses. Joker inherited a team that had went to 4 straight bowls and was beginning to become a legitimate contender in the SEC East, not to mention most of the players on that team were brought in by Joker. Joker made a huge mistake in firing Heggins, Brinson and Petri and Ortmayer. Those coaches made up for our lack in recruiting by developing young recruits into SEC caliber football players, you can see the difference on the field right now.

Guy Morriss won with them why can't Brooks? was the argument then. I guess everyone forgot about that too.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Guy Morriss won with them why can't Brooks? was the argument then. I guess everyone forgot about that too.

Yea, he only had Derek Abney, Sweet Pea Burns, Artose Pinner, Jared Lorenzen, Aaron Boone, Quentus Cumby, Dewayne Robertson, Ronnie Riley, and David Johnson to work with. I don't know how in the hell they were there but they might of had a little bit to do with him winning. Who do we have now? Trevathan, Guy, a true freshman running back and a not-so-sure handed LaRod King? Joker has had years to build this nest. Morriss would have a legit excuse to be this bad, but I don't believe Joker does. I'm not calling for Joker's head like most (yet) but it just seems like there is no reason as to why we are so terrible.