Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hey SEC are you ready?????"
"NO, I said SEC ARE YOU READY?????? Then for the thousands in attendence, the millions watching at home, and for all you sUcK fans ladies and gentlemen LET'S GET READY TO SUCK IT!!!!!!" "And if you're not down with that we got THREE WORDS FOR YA........

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":notworthy:worthy::Thumbs:

It looks like the 14th member of the Southeastern Conference will be West Virginia University. Rumors are flying and a Wheeling newspaper reporter let the cat out of the bag earlier tonight.
Finally a Cake team for us.
WV is not a strong enough team to join they dont bring tv or recruits to SEC market so I dont beleive that will happen
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:"NO, I said SEC ARE YOU READY?????? Then for the thousands in attendence, the millions watching at home, and for all you sUcK fans ladies and gentlemen LET'S GET READY TO SUCK IT!!!!!!" "And if you're not down with that we got THREE WORDS FOR YA........

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":notworthy:worthy::Thumbs:

It looks like the 14th member of the Southeastern Conference will be West Virginia University. Rumors are flying and a Wheeling newspaper reporter let the cat out of the bag earlier tonight.

Who cares?????
rejected!!!
idk why in the world WVU would want to be in the SEC.
i like WVA in the sec more then uk in the sec. WVA have been to 2 or 3 BCS bowl game, it might be more. UK have been to now. in the last 20 years.
This is actually great news for UK, because this has been a rivalary in the waiting for years now.

Very huge for WVU as it doesn't get any better then the SEC.
cj2561 Wrote:i like WVA in the sec more then uk in the sec. WVA have been to 2 or 3 BCS bowl game, it might be more. UK have been to now. in the last 20 years.

They will be in the same exact place as UK in the SEC.
toussaints Wrote:rejected!!!

Well, we know the Cincinnati Community College will be right back in CtheUSA with Screwyville and Marshall. :Sad04:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Well, we know the Cincinnati Community College will be right back in CtheUSA with Screwyville and Marshall. :Sad04:

Eerie

You mean Moo Tech don't you.
I think WVU will do fine in the SEC. They are a lot better than UK in football and have been for sometime. They will have a young basketball team this year, but they hung with UK the last two years winning one of them.
Seams this is only a football conversation. Myself i am gonna be happy with UK kicking there ass in football 2-3 times a YEAR.
I like it. I agree earlier that WVU does not add to TV, but it does help expand further into the East for recruiting. For me, as a Bob Huggins fan, I'm glad to see him get the chance to do battle consistently in the SEC. As for Basketball, WVU comes in and competes imeediately. UK sits at the top of SEC hoops, but everyone else has proven no more consistent than what WVU has shown, thus the neers will immediately have an impact on baskebtall. As for football, I'm not sure that they will ever achieve anything higher than what UK, Ole Miss or Vandy do!
Wvu is noy built for the sec they are to small they are more like a pac 12 school.but not as good.and i dont think the fans travel as well as most sec schools.so i cant see why the sec would want them.unless for an easy win.
p burg hero Wrote:Wvu is noy built for the sec they are to small they are more like a pac 12 school.but not as good.and i dont think the fans travel as well as most sec schools.so i cant see why the sec would want them.unless for an easy win.

Our fans travel very well. If we could have had another 10K tickets for the 06 Sugar Bowl, we would have sold the all. As for TV markets, WV bleeds into the DC/Baltimore market due to the closeness of the eastern panhandle. WV bleeds into the Pittsburgh market due to the northern point of WV being 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Our fans travel very well. If we could have had another 10K tickets for the 06 Sugar Bowl, we would have sold the all. As for TV markets, WV bleeds into the DC/Baltimore market due to the closeness of the eastern panhandle. WV bleeds into the Pittsburgh market due to the northern point of WV being 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.

When WVU comes to UK for Basketball, they are going to "bleed" all the way back to West Virginny!!!!:biglmao:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Well, we know the Cincinnati Community College will be right back in CtheUSA with Screwyville and Marshall. :Sad04:

thats community university sir, last i checked Cincy had almost 10,000 more students that West Virginia
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:idk why in the world WVU would want to be in the SEC.

I agree its a life sentence of pain and suffering for your football program.
Don't flatter yourselves....

WVU will not lose to UK on a regular basis lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:They will be in the same exact place as UK in the SEC.

they will do better in the SEC then UK does. UK will never go better then 4-4 in the SEC.
cj2561 Wrote:they will do better in the SEC then UK does. UK will never go better then 4-4 in the SEC.

And neither will WVU. They can compete against one SEC team a year but ones they get into the meat of an SEC schedule they will be stuck in the same place as Kentucky.

And yes kentucky would be just fine against wvu in football. Probably split the series back and forth. Of course wvu would also have to deal with the fact that they would never see the light of the top 25 again, and never have another shot at a BCS bowl but I guess money talks.
I have heard from a reliable source that is close to the WVU President that it may happen but it is not a definite.

As for WVU being competitive, I feel that WVU's basketball can come in a compete immediately. The have been competitive the the best basketball conference in the nation and won the Big East Tournament. Kentucky is the top team in SEC basketball and WVU has proven that they can play with them. So, other than UK, WVU going to the SEC in basketball is a step down.

In football, it's a different story. For the last 5 - 6 years, it's the SEC (Bama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, etc.) and then everyone else. I do, however, feel that WVU would be middle of the pack for the first 4 - 5 years. Then, I feel that WVU would begin to move up to the upper echalon of the SEC as WVU would begin to bring in better recruits due to being in the SEC.

As for comparing WVU to UK in football, the biggest difference is that WVU will put the money up to improve the football program. I have yet to see UK do that.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I have heard from a reliable source that is close to the WVU President that it may happen but it is not a definite.

As for WVU being competitive, I feel that WVU's basketball can come in a compete immediately. The have been competitive the the best basketball conference in the nation and won the Big East Tournament. Kentucky is the top team in SEC basketball and WVU has proven that they can play with them. So, other than UK, WVU going to the SEC in basketball is a step down.

In football, it's a different story. For the last 5 - 6 years, it's the SEC (Bama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, etc.) and then everyone else. I do, however, feel that WVU would be middle of the pack for the first 4 - 5 years. Then, I feel that WVU would begin to move up to the upper echalon of the SEC as WVU would begin to bring in better recruits due to being in the SEC.

As for comparing WVU to UK in football, the biggest difference is that WVU will put the money up to improve the football program. I have yet to see UK do that.

UK won't invest that money, you'll never have to worry about seeing that.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I have heard from a reliable source that is close to the WVU President that it may happen but it is not a definite.

WVU might invest the money but they would still have the some basic issues as kentucky. Mainly a state with bad high school football. I know WVU thinks they are a great program but they will not outrecruit The top tier SEC teams. It will not happen. If WVU joins the SEC all I can say is welcome to football hell.

the word is the SEC is waiting on what Missouri decides to do in the next couple of months. Mizzou wants to see the Big 12 work, but a few recent changes have them exploring new options.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:And neither will WVU. They can compete against one SEC team a year but ones they get into the meat of an SEC schedule they will be stuck in the same place as Kentucky.

And yes kentucky would be just fine against wvu in football. Probably split the series back and forth. Of course wvu would also have to deal with the fact that they would never see the light of the top 25 again, and never have another shot at a BCS bowl but I guess money talks.

i don't think that wva will ever make the sec title game. wva get better players then UK does. UK get the left over. ever player from wva want to go to WVA.
i am a big of UK fan as they come,MOST YEARS uk WOULDNT BEAT wv in football
cuppett777 Wrote:i am a big of UK fan as they come,MOST YEARS uk WOULDNT BEAT wv in football

We have beat alot better than WVU in the past few years.
The move doesn't change much for them.
They still have one sport in the conference that's a joke and another school in the conference that's a powerhouse lol