Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 LSU-35 vs Kentucky-7
Final.

LOL at the people who said LSU would score 60 and 70s on UK's D.
a lot closer than what I thought it'd be
im surprised this games was this close, i honestly think uk could have won this game if it wasn't for their stupid mistakes on offence. they really need to work with their qb an wr core badly. just to many young players i guess...
Not that it really matters, but UK got hosed on a few calls this game. LSU wasn't flagged before their first TD when they broke the huddle with 12 on the field on a 3rd down, they go on to score on the next play. Then later in the game, Mosely picks Lee off and they reviewed it and still said that the LSU receiver caught the ball. LSU again scored a few plays later.

However, we all knew what to expect from the UK offense and that was nothing. They certainly didn't surprise any of us either. Roark actually caught the ball for a touchdown after dropping two passes earlier in the game. Clemons had a nice game on the ground against a solid LSU front.

UK's defense held their own the whole game. LSU come up with some nice catches and got bailed out by the refs twice, but other than that UK did really well on defense. Still no sold on our pass defense, as it's not very good and will be exposed when UK faces a good quarterback who has pro potential.
^

Yup, like I said in the update threads. The officals gave LSU 14points but like you said it dont really matter we couldnt put enough points up on the scoreboard.
UK's D did fairly well today. Having many guys with 10+ tackles. But we gave up a couple big plays on D and that's why the score got so ugly. For the most part, we were pretty sound on Defense. But we HAVE to and I mean HAVE to learn how to play offense! We can't run nor pass the ball. And I liked Joker's decision to bench Morgan for awhile, because he could NOT complete a pass.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A lot closer than I expected.
Exactly what I called. Without the bullcrap calls this is a two touchdown game. We lost but we lost fighting. If we get an offense we would make noise. But our D will win us a few games this year. At points in this game it looked like our D was dominating. However the offense could not keep the ball on the field enough for us to have a chance in this game. This team can go to a bowl if they get it together. There is alot of football left. And they proved today that they aren't gonna lay down.
^

start catching the ball.
I predicted it 16-14, and when I woke up from my mini-nap after staying up all night for BBM tickets at halftime and it was 14-0, I just knew our D was going to lockdown and our offense was going to come through in the clutch in a magical performance like years past.

But no. I was disappointed, again. I just don't think Morgan is a leader. I love the guy, but to lead a team or any kind of unit, you have to be a leader. Your guys have to believe in you and be willing to do whatever for you. I don't think he has that, and I really,really thought he did.
Kentucky's Offense is absolutely horrendous! I feel sorry for the Defensive players on Kentucky's team because their good enough to compete with SEC teams as shown in this game. But they stay on the field the whole game because their Offense can not establish itself. And I know some of you all will say that UK's defense can not compete with SEC teams. But they held LSU to this score and I think Kentucky had a couple turnovers on offense. So that's ok, not great. But ok.
TurtleCat Wrote:Kentucky's Offense is absolutely horrendous! I feel sorry for the Defensive players on Kentucky's team because their good enough to compete with SEC teams as shown in this game. But they stay on the field the whole game because their Offense can not establish itself. And I know some of you all will say that UK's defense can not compete with SEC teams. But they held LSU to this score and I think Kentucky had a couple turnovers on offense. So that's ok, not great. But ok.

Whoever says that clearly doesn't know football...UK's defense can compete with any in the country. We both know that. If we even had "sort of" and offense, we would be dangerous because of that defense.

You know that the offenses horrendous play and the D having to go straight back on the field over and over and over HAS to bring them down a little, yet they still continue to be pretty beast. Now that, is a unit, lead by 2 real leaders.

Winston and Danny are going to go to big places in life, and I wish their senior years were better for them. Sucks, but I'll always stick behind my boys.
vundy33 Wrote:Whoever says that clearly doesn't know football...UK's defense can compete with any in the country. We both know that. If we even had "sort of" and offense, we would be dangerous because of that defense.

You know that the offenses horrendous play and the D having to go straight back on the field over and over and over HAS to bring them down a little, yet they still continue to be pretty beast. Now that, is a unit, lead by 2 real leaders.

Winston and Danny are going to go to big places in life, and I wish their senior years were better for them. Sucks, but I'll always stick behind my boys.

Exactly! But I'm just saying their are skeptics out there that would say that UK's defense can not compete week after week.

Couldn't agree with you more!
vundy33 Wrote:Whoever says that clearly doesn't know football...UK's defense can compete with any in the country. We both know that. If we even had "sort of" and offense, we would be dangerous because of that defense.

WHAT???? vundy, are you being serious or just being a homer! They have the 8th place defense in the 12 teams, so not only can they not compete in the Nation, they can't even compete with the teams in the SEC. They are only better than Georgia in the EAST!!!

WHAT???? vundy, are you being serious or just being a homer! They have the 8th place defense in the 12 teams, so not only can they not compete in the Nation, they can't even compete with the teams in the SEC. They are only better than Georgia in the EAST!!!Confusederiously:
Stardust Wrote:WHAT???? vundy, are you being serious or just being a homer! They have the 8th place defense in the 12 teams, so not only can they not compete in the Nation, they can't even compete with the teams in the SEC. They are only better than Georgia in the EAST!!!Confusederiously:

You look at stats to much Dusty. Look at what they did today. If the offense would've helped them out in the LEAST bit, UK would be 3-1 right now, possibly 4-0 with the way they held LSU back in the first half.

I'm not being a homer, this is what I truly think. Sure, we have weak spots, like the corners, but Randall Burden and the rest of the D makes up for that. Again, if the offense were to give the D any kind of rest, maybe a TD here and there, UK would be top 4-5 in the SEC when it comes to D. If anything, our defense has two of the top defensive playmakers in the country, and the SEC dominates the country with defensive beasts like Danny, Winston, all of Bama's LB's, their SS, LSU's Oldhem(sp?), and many more.
^ UK is 98th in the nation in passing D and 81st in the nation against the rush! I have looked at the stats!
MVP2 Wrote:Final.

LOL at the people who said UK would win another game.
MVP2 Wrote:Final.

Well I said they'd score in the hundreds...
Teams may not blow us out score wise but the game will never be in question due to the total incompetence of our offense.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Teams may not blow us out score wise but the game will never be in question due to the total incompetence of our offense.

Great post!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Teams may not blow us out score wise but the game will never be in question due to the total incompetence of our offense.

offense, defense, SPT, coaches, water boys, ticket takers, parking lot attendant.....

There is more wrong than just the offense! If this school does not invest in the program, the program will be just what it is and will occasionally catch lightning in a bottle when the get the occasional recruit that nobody wanted and he helps the team win in spite of everything else around him! I know I get knocked for knocking the Cats football program. But if some demands are not made, then the mediocrity of the football program will be what it is - BLAH! Where is the same Wildcat Nation that ran Tubby out? Where is the same Wildcat Nation that ran BCG out? They don't care about the football team either or they would have raised so much hell that something would have to be done - so, investing any energy in ever hoping that this team will ever compete is futile!:please:
Stardust Wrote:offense, defense, SPT, coaches, water boys, ticket takers, parking lot attendant.....

There is more wrong than just the offense! If this school does not invest in the program, the program will be just what it is and will occasionally catch lightning in a bottle when the get the occasional recruit that nobody wanted and he helps the team win in spite of everything else around him! I know I get knocked for knocking the Cats football program. But if some demands are not made, then the mediocrity of the football program will be what it is - BLAH! Where is the same Wildcat Nation that ran Tubby out? Where is the same Wildcat Nation that ran BCG out? They don't care about the football team either or they would have raised so much hell that something would have to be done - so, investing any energy in ever hoping that this team will ever compete is futile!:please:

Totally agree! But it's been this way ever since I can remember. We've always complained about the basketball program not being where it should be and where it is capable of being. But in football we've just settled with winning a couple games here and their because that's what UK has always done! They've never been a good football team. So we don't expect a good football team unlike we expect a good basketball team.
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Totally agree! But it's been this way ever since I can remember. We've always complained about the basketball program not being where it should be and where it is capable of being. But in football we've just settled with winning a couple games here and their because that's what UK has always done! They've never been a good football team. So we don't expect a good football team unlike we expect a good basketball team.

You are right MP, but damnit, this fanbase could force something to happen differently. We complain about the government the same way, and when we get challenged to make a difference, we cry instead that "it doesn't matter, government will do whatever they want to anyhow". With that attitude, we will never get anything done, so when do we raise the kind of hell with the school that we did with Basketball. Shouldn't we take that attitude that we won't stand for it anymore? How did the fanbase get the school to take different actions with basketball, because the UK administration at the time sure was not going to do it on their own!
Stardust Wrote:You are right MP, but damnit, this fanbase could force something to happen differently. We complain about the government the same way, and when we get challenged to make a difference, we cry instead that "it doesn't matter, government will do whatever they want to anyhow". With that attitude, we will never get anything done, so when do we raise the kind of hell with the school that we did with Basketball. Shouldn't we take that attitude that we won't stand for it anymore? How did the fanbase get the school to take different actions with basketball, because the UK administration at the time sure was not going to do it on their own!

Been wondering what the solution could be for almost 15 years now.
#BBFL
The defense gave up that much to Florida because they were on the field 24/7! What is their not to understand about that?! Have any of you played football before?! Geez, lol.

I stick behind my boys, and they bring the wood, and the lockdown on D. Our offense just sticks a big, long, rusty knife in their backs every 3 or 4 minutes though.
I mean if our offense could just average 1 first down every time they touched the ball our defense could definitely win us some games. BUT, when they are out there for 48 out of 60 minutes of a game, we're screwed.