Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fast And Furious" Just Might Be President Obama's Watergate
^ nope walked out saying it was all politically motivated or being used to suppress the minority vote(how these two are connect I don't know). He has had 18 months to produce the documents and refuse to do so. Worst off the media is permitting this to happen
Quite a few Democrats voted "yes" for both the criminal contempt and civil contempt resolutions. It is nice to see that a few Democrats know right from wrong and are willing to stand up to our outlaw president.
Has there been any posts in this thread defending Holder or Obama?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Has there been any posts in this thread defending Holder or Obama?
Surprisingly not. It is almost too much to expect that the usual suspects would chime in with an opinion that Holder and Obama are clearly on the wrong side of the law in this case. Maybe they will plow ground in this thread. Confusednicker:
t
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In one of the most hypocritical gestures in modern political history, 108 congressmen, democrats all, and led by the Black Caucus and Nancy Pelosi, walked out before the Eric Holder contempt of congress vote. Says the architect of the Fannie and Freddie led housing bubble Barney Frank, "Republicans are using the "Fast and Furious" investigation to undermine Justice Department efforts against voter suppression, (you've got to be kidding me, this is now a race issue?) several Democrats said Thursday as the House of Representatives voted to hold U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.

"I think it's an effort to undercut our fight against voter suppression," Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) told The Huffington Post. "Eric Holder has been the point man on this."

:please:
Here we go again going straight for the nuclear option by playing the never fail, king of trumps, the "race card."

Read about the walkout in the LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-...1366.story

Now, the DOJ has responded to the congress of the United States; (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Friday it would not prosecute Attorney General Eric Holder for refusing to turn over to Congress documents about a gun-running scandal to Mexico.

I find myself wondering how it was that we got to the point where the Dept of Justice can thumb it's nose at CONGRESS? I mean, supposedly congress wields enormous power, right? How in the name of common sense does anybody on the planet get to ignore the congress of this country? BTW, there isn't one word in the constitution about the dept of justice, do we even really need it? The whole affair gives average America a heads up, the "fundamental transformation" is well underway. And things, they are a changin! Blatant disrespect for the seperation of powers along the Harry Reid led, administration planned, smear job of the congress coupled with being put on ignore by the Senate, since the elections of 2010, should be all the evidence we need to understand what will happen to the USA if the brakes aren't put on these guys. It's incredible when you think about it. All this in the name of partisan politics? People have to be able to see what's happening here. The dems, with their unholy coalition of special interest groups, are willing to take their fight for supremacy as far as need be. Even at the expense of the "common good."

I hope folks wake up to this anarchy and realize--- special interest groups don't care about anything except their own, special interests. Whether we're talking race or morals, to allow them to pursue their own interests at the governmental level means the loss of rights for main stream Americans. I can't see how any rational voter couldn't see this fight for what it is. If you believe people should pay their own bills, their own insurance, and feed their own families by the sweat of their brow, you must vote republican this time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So how's that most transparent administration ever taking shape?
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/19/us/us-fast...?hpt=us_c2

boys i bet this hurts
Reminds me of Bill Clinton escaping justice. You're elated with this result I assume? Holder is as guilty as a dog. The necessary emails and federal documents were witheld in order to accomplish this miscarriage of justice, in the DOJ, no less. Using the power of the presidency, Obama evokes executive priviledge and Holder gets off. This was the predictable outcome after all, of the DOJ's investigation of itself. Like there was any possiblity they'd use their own authority to order themselves to fess up. Not likely, LOL.

The voters will exact justice their own way, at the polls. They're all gonna be gone as of Nov 6th anyway. It can't come too soon for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The common sense thing for Obama to do is just let them review the documents. If it wasn't so bad, why would Obama be trying to cover it up?
WideRight05 Wrote:The common sense thing for Obama to do is just let them review the documents. If it wasn't so bad, why would Obama be trying to cover it up?

My guess is the emails go all the way up to the resolute desk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]