Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chicago Cubs
Watching "Catching Hell" tonight, and basically, it was nothing more than a show to confirm my absolute hatred for the Chicago Cubs. An organization that overpays for average players every year, always in the top five in payroll, rarely has any success, and blames all of their problems on ONE GUY. Yeah, it was Bartmans fault that their loser Cubs quit pitching and fielding. Their classless fans still give this guy a hard time. STILL. This guy STILL gets death threats! This is why nobody feels bad when the Cubs lose every. single. year. This is why the Cubs do not DESERVE to have a world series champion banner hanging anywhere near their old, broken down garbage dump Wrigley Field (tear it down, people. Its only historical if its worth a shit). This is why if your a Cubs fan, you will be granted clemency if you jump ship. Its okay to jump ship from a classless franchise like this to another one (unless its to Atlanta). Did you hear Dusty Baker after the game? Even HE blamed Bartman! What a dick! Did you hear Gov. Blagojevich? Even HE blamed Bartman! Yeah, Chicago, it was fun watching the White Sox win their world series. I hope you never experience what thats like. Why? You dont deserve it. For the record, leave Bartman alone. Its not his fault your team sucks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ F U :biggrin:
Panther Thunder Wrote:^ F U :biggrin:
Duly noted.

I still love you though, PT Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched it and I really enjoyed it.
I don't hate the Cubs...
the reason I have a Cubs logo on my favorite teams list is a Harlan County joke lol

however, I really feel sorry for Bartman.
The guy honestly hated his life.
And from the way they were talking....
he was in a whole different world during that game and honestly didn't know what happened.
How many outs there were, how many runs were scored, he was just in another world.
at least we're better than the pirates Big Grin
zaga_fan Wrote:I watched it and I really enjoyed it.
I don't hate the Cubs...
the reason I have a Cubs logo on my favorite teams list is a Harlan County joke lol

however, I really feel sorry for Bartman.
The guy honestly hated his life.
And from the way they were talking....
he was in a whole different world during that game and honestly didn't know what happened.
How many outs there were, how many runs were scored, he was just in another world.

Same here, the man went through a lot in his life after that.
Strikeout King Wrote:at least we're better than the pirates Big Grin
Well, we're in 4th this year. Your in 5th. AND, I bet there are more people alive the last time the Pirates won a world series (1979) than the Cubs (30 years before the Revolutionary War). Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
but it looks like neither of us are going to the playoffs Sad but at least we have next year Big Grin
I feel sorry for Bartman.
I don't feel sorry for Bartman. Anyone that stupid to do what he did deserves everything he has gotten. How often do you see players go into the stands to make plays. This guy cost the very team that we was wearing gear for that game.

Did he cost the Cubs the world series? No, the Cubs are losers that would have found a way to lose the series anyhow. Good grief!
Skunk Wrote:I don't feel sorry for Bartman. Anyone that stupid to do what he did deserves everything he has gotten. How often do you see players go into the stands to make plays. This guy cost the very team that we was wearing gear for that game.

Did he cost the Cubs the world series? No, the Cubs are losers that would have found a way to lose the series anyhow. Good grief!

I think Bartman did what mosy fans would have done. He went for the ball.
Westside Wrote:I think Bartman did what mosy fans would have done. He went for the ball.
He did what everybody around him did. What pisses me off, is that Moises Alou (who isnt exactly a class act, himself) threw such a bitch fit after that play, then a couple of years later, said "whats funny is that I wouldnt have caught that ball anyways". Yeah, thats real funny, Moises. Had he not threw that little tantrum, I believe Bartman could have lived a normal life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Someone does that and costs Jenkins a win..... Sherman fills their ass full of lead.
Westside Wrote:I think Bartman did what mosy fans would have done. He went for the ball.

I sure am glad he did! I hate the Cubs and this was great for a Cubs hater. Bartman is my hero and he can live at my house if its still that badConfusednicker:
I still remember that game, my friend who is a cubs fan got mad when he saw Bartman hit the foul ball, but Moises Alou was an awful fielder and I don't know if he would've caught it and landed on the ground without the ball falling out.

I thought that was a pretty good 30 for 30 though.
They've asked the Red Sox for permission to talk to Theo Epstein about their GM job and everyone in baseball expects them to offer the position to him. There also gonna try and land Puljos or Fielder
I am a lifelong, diehard Cubs fan. I was watching that night and I knew we were doomed when Bernie Mac referred to the Cubs as the champs during Take Me Out to the Ballgame. As for Bartman, I definitely agree that Alou's reaction made it ten times worse than what it actually was. Had he conducted himself as a professional and just went back about his business, I think we possibly win that game because no one would have been rattled because there would have not been a scene made. Bartman's only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't get me wrong, I preached his funeral that night, too, but once my emotions cooled, I saw it for what it was: A fan amongst a small group of fans that tried to catch a foul ball in a game that could have possibly sent the Cubs to the World Series. Not to mention that Alou was an average fielder on his best day and it was 50/50 as to whether he could have even caught the ball. Catching Hell was a real eye-opener for me and it is a must watch for any Cubs fan. We come off like a complete bunch of idiots that, really, do not deserve to win and I think the last few years have probably been our punishment for the way Bartman was cheated. The only group in America that is more overpaid and more useless would probably be our fearless leaders in Washington. Hopefully, ESPN and the NFL doesn't call and have me booted off of BGR for that last statement.
I was just reading on mlbtraderumors.com and a Lakeview, Illinois resident said he's "99.9" percent sure he saw Red Sox GM Theo Epstein at a Starbucks in Chicago.

But that doesn't mean much, that doesn't mean anything! Things should be very interesting next couple weeks!
worker1 Wrote:I am a lifelong, diehard Cubs fan. I was watching that night and I knew we were doomed when Bernie Mac referred to the Cubs as the champs during Take Me Out to the Ballgame. As for Bartman, I definitely agree that Alou's reaction made it ten times worse than what it actually was. Had he conducted himself as a professional and just went back about his business, I think we possibly win that game because no one would have been rattled because there would have not been a scene made. Bartman's only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't get me wrong, I preached his funeral that night, too, but once my emotions cooled, I saw it for what it was: A fan amongst a small group of fans that tried to catch a foul ball in a game that could have possibly sent the Cubs to the World Series. Not to mention that Alou was an average fielder on his best day and it was 50/50 as to whether he could have even caught the ball. Catching Hell was a real eye-opener for me and it is a must watch for any Cubs fan. We come off like a complete bunch of idiots that, really, do not deserve to win and I think the last few years have probably been our punishment for the way Bartman was cheated. The only group in America that is more overpaid and more useless would probably be our fearless leaders in Washington. Hopefully, ESPN and the NFL doesn't call and have me booted off of BGR for that last statement.
Awesome post. Well done, friend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To Hell with Bartman!!!!!!

Cubs fan for life!!!!

Although I don't think someone should kill Bartman but that game was his fault.... Cubs win if his nerdy ass just sits down...