•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the 15th region, who has the best middle school
not wanting to sound picky or anything, but i dont belive in rateing players on the same team of SF because they each have a role, and they play there roles without being selfish about it. i also know that virgie has a good middle school team. but they have to be good. everyone knows they hold players back for a year or two. This SFMS team, doesnt have any hold backs at all. The Adams kid is barely 14, if he was at virgie, he would be a 7th grader. with any luck, maybe SF and virgie can meet in lexington, then we will see what happens... my money would be on SF dominate defence. Yes, the defence was off at Stumbo during the tourney, but look at the size of that court, no way to get in passing lanes, because someone is there. i just think that if virgie and sf played, that it would be a good game, but i think sf would dominate the defence and the boards. therefore sf would win.
i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.
Quote:i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.

have u watched virgie play
have u watched sf play.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:
Quote:i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.

have u watched virgie play

yes i have watched virgie play, i seen them play a few times this year, the last time was the game against dorton, and i have to admit, there was quite a few calls that went against dorton that shouldnt have so virgie would win. but tuesday night, they play at belfry on a nutral court with impartial refs.. so that should be a good game to watch. my pick on that one, dorton by 4...
"Showtyme" Wrote:For some reason, I must go with alfus on this one, Virgie is the best middle school followed by Dorton and JC. I watched two games last night the Floyd County C team finals and Middle school finals. The middle school game was the worst middle school final I have seen in at least 5 years. Those two team could not have even played with the final four teams in Floyd County the last two years. Neither team had a shooter, I think there was maybe 4-5 shoots made outside the paint all night from both teams combined. Both teams had way to many turnovers, I have never seen so many kids not be able to handle the ball, walks called seems every other possession. I think the score was like 35-30 or something close. I had herd of this great SF middle team and did not see it at all. They do have some good players and the best being a transfer from Pburg, Jody Tackett. Adams is good but needs a lot of work on the post. I have seen Virgie, Dorton and JC for many years and SF could play a close game with either.

the SFMS team only averaged like 9 turn overs per game. that being such a small court was to both teams disadvantage. Jody is a good player no matter where he went to school. As far as Adams needing work on the post, he went i think 5 for 6 from the field with two and three people guarding him the whole night. Why wasnt anything said in your post out his defence? all the blocked shots he got against a allen central varsity player in josh prater?
"Showtyme" Wrote:For some reason, I must go with alfus on this one, Virgie is the best middle school followed by Dorton and JC. I watched two games last night the Floyd County C team finals and Middle school finals. The middle school game was the worst middle school final I have seen in at least 5 years. Those two team could not have even played with the final four teams in Floyd County the last two years. Neither team had a shooter, I think there was maybe 4-5 shoots made outside the paint all night from both teams combined. Both teams had way to many turnovers, I have never seen so many kids not be able to handle the ball, walks called seems every other possession. I think the score was like 35-30 or something close. I had herd of this great SF middle team and did not see it at all. They do have some good players and the best being a transfer from Pburg, Jody Tackett. Adams is good but needs a lot of work on the post. I have seen Virgie, Dorton and JC for many years and SF could play a close game with either.

the SFMS team only averaged like 9 turn overs per game. that being such a small court was to both teams disadvantage. Jody is a good player no matter where he went to school. As far as Adams needing work on the post, he went i think 5 for 6 from the field with two and three people guarding him the whole night. Why wasnt anything said in your post out his defence? all the blocked shots he got against a allen central varsity player in josh prater? look at the whole game, how many shots was changed or just flat out missed because he was under the goal? also, if virgie always dominates the middle school around here, why does valleys freshman team struggle like they do?
"raider_balla" Wrote:i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.

lol
"alfus21" Wrote:
"raider_balla" Wrote:i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.

lol

sorry alfus, i forgot virgie already won every game they will play, right? but how do you see them against dorton tues night on a nutral court with nutral refs??
"alfus21" Wrote:

lol

yeh it is very funny about how bad virgie is.
"raider_balla" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

lol

raider, virgie does have a good middle school team, but facts are facts... at SFMS there ages are:

Adams Slone, 14
Jody Tackett, 14
Deven Adams, 14
Chad Patrick, 14
Brandon Tacket, 14
Kyle Howell, 14

lets hear the ages for the virgie middle school team? But virgie does have a good middle school ball club. I am not taking anything away from them at all, but I dont think they can hold up to the size or the determination of SFMS team
"raider_balla" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

lol

Wow...Dumbest freakin' post of all time....how bad Virgie is? They've not even lost a game to anybody in Kentucky and they're bad....I mean wow....
Quote:yes i have watched virgie play,

Basket i wasnt asking u but thats cool that u have watched them and yes ive also watched SF play very nice team must i say i think it would b a good game im not sure who would pull it off but i think that Dorton will win on Tues and i must add i hope they do.

and you know the Ashley kid for Virgie rumor is he is transfering to Johns Creek next year and is staying back yet another year in 7th grade
The best middle school teams I have seen are Virgie and Dorton. Talk about a future at SV. Johns Creek had good potential and were well coached, but they seemed lazy, cocky, and into themselves. Not team players, and you wont win with players like that.
Well bballfan I didn't know you needed a break down of the entire game. The Adams kid did have a few blocked shots and altered some but he is 6'7" he should be blocking shots. I thought the best blocks come from the Prater kid from AC he covered both sides of the lane himself and had some nasty blocks. As far as Prater being a varsity player, have you seen AC play, a lot of middle schools could beat them. And I never said Jody was bad, I was meaning I thought he was one of their best players and he had only played about 6 games with that team. A true test for this team will be in Lex. In the mean time I understand they are playing with the freshman team of SF and we will see how they play against some of last years best middle school teams. And as far aas virgie and dorton I said I thought they could play those teams close just don't think they would win. Valley has had some very good freshmen teams over they years.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"Varsity Player" Wrote:Ok Alfus, What is your problem?...Why do you always put down South Floyd? You have put down the high now starting with the middle school. SF middle has a VERY impressive ball team. Nobody puts down Virgie or your precios Wildcats. 2 game?..what is wrong with that?..Absoulty NOTHING! And why wouldn't you believe that..i know for a FACT it is the truth....So calm down a little, there are other teams that can succed beside Shelby Vally.

lol..People always put down Shelby Valley and say they aren't that great.....I am doing this because South Floyd fans are bringing on to themselves...Talk about biased...At least Shelby Valley really is the best when I say it, hahaha

Is that why they got beat by Sheldon Clark in the all a classic???? :lol:
I think it will be Belfry Middle School. One of our feeder schools Turkey Creek is a Basketball powerhouse in the gradeshool ranks. It's kinda funny that the smaller gradeschool communities surrounding Belfry are Basketball schools, and when they get to Belfry they switch to Football.
showtyme, lets break it down. allen central has two 8th graders starting on varsity, josh praiter got 4 points in the championship game, adams dont play varsity ball, he got 10 or 11 with two and three people guarding him the whole game. josh did get a few blocks, but adams got 8 or 9... but no matter who come out on top between the two, SFMS won the game, no question about that. they even had the t-shirts there for the players after the game because they knew they was that damn good :lol:
alfus... we are waiting on a update on the virgie ages... or are you gonna compair a team with what should be freshman and sophmores to a team of real 8th graders? lets get some ages, how old is the harmen kid again? and the others that are so good?
That's unreal to have a kid that is 6'7 on a middle school team. How hard would it be to win that?
When did South Floyd win the other county championship?
"napa valley" Wrote:That's unreal to have a kid that is 6'7 on a middle school team. How hard would it be to win that?
When did South Floyd win the other county championship?

the unreal part napa, is he turned 14 in dec... so he still should have some growing to go still.
South floyd won the other county championship in 2002
Would that be ryan johnson's class?
Who coached that team?
"Showtyme" Wrote:Well bballfan I didn't know you needed a break down of the entire game. The Adams kid did have a few blocked shots and altered some but he is 6'7" he should be blocking shots. I thought the best blocks come from the Prater kid from AC he covered both sides of the lane himself and had some nasty blocks. As far as Prater being a varsity player, have you seen AC play, a lot of middle schools could beat them. And I never said Jody was bad, I was meaning I thought he was one of their best players and he had only played about 6 games with that team. A true test for this team will be in Lex. In the mean time I understand they are playing with the freshman team of SF and we will see how they play against some of last years best middle school teams. And as far aas virgie and dorton I said I thought they could play those teams close just don't think they would win. Valley has had some very good freshmen teams over they years.

prater had the best blocks?? get real.. how many did he have and who did he block them on, did any go up in the bleachers or bounce off the walls?? and if he is one of there best players with only 4 points... how did they even make it to the finals? tonight against SFHS allen central had two of there 8th graders starting for the varsity...i just think people are under rating adams because of his height, no one ever mentions that he did go 5 for 6 from the field with 2 and 3 of allen centrals players on him every time he touched the ball. but for his age and size, he is a VERY coordinated player, and if you watched him play, i hope you will agree with that, if not, you are just as blind and biased as the alfus. i just wonder if his tune will change if he was to transfer to SV next year... hmm, something to think about....
"napa valley" Wrote:Would that be ryan johnson's class?
Who coached that team?

I think that team was coached by Tony Isaac.
"Varsity Player" Wrote:
"napa valley" Wrote:Would that be ryan johnson's class?
Who coached that team?

I think that team was coached by Tony Isaac.

Yea, that was Tony's last season as the middle schools boys coach before he took over the high school girls team.
"Showtyme" Wrote:Well bballfan I didn't know you needed a break down of the entire game. The Adams kid did have a few blocked shots and altered some but he is 6'7" he should be blocking shots. I thought the best blocks come from the Prater kid from AC he covered both sides of the lane himself and had some nasty blocks. As far as Prater being a varsity player, have you seen AC play, a lot of middle schools could beat them. And I never said Jody was bad, I was meaning I thought he was one of their best players and he had only played about 6 games with that team. A true test for this team will be in Lex. In the mean time I understand they are playing with the freshman team of SF and we will see how they play against some of last years best middle school teams. And as far aas virgie and dorton I said I thought they could play those teams close just don't think they would win. Valley has had some very good freshmen teams over they years.

i kno 1 of his blocks in the chapmionship game was on a kid bout 5'8 and how tall is the prater boy bout 6'4? so look at that and Devon blocked him bout 3 or 4 times not in cluding all the others he blocked
Virgie just has more talent than all the other teams around here, partly because of how many hold backs they have. But the big difference maker is the transfer they got this year from Phelps, Ashley Hatfield, I believe that his name. He is probably their best player and he is a 7th grader.
Virgie jus came out with some shirt that quoted
163-19
from 1999-2005 complete domination

imo the did not hold everyone back in those years so they have the best middle school program at the moment

and the have also only lost 2 games in football since 1999 so there has been an influx of talent through there
"kyfootballfan" Wrote:Virgie jus came out with some shirt that quoted
163-19
from 1999-2005 complete domination

imo the did not hold everyone back in those years so they have the best middle school program at the moment

and the have also only lost 2 games in football since 1999 so there has been an influx of talent through there

And one of those loses in football was when they were totally dominated by Pikeville my 7th grade year. Virgie thought they were so great and thought they would place us since we had lost some games that year, then we beat them 48-6
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next