Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
48.72%
Boyle County
51.28%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle/Lex Cath predictions
Who wins and why?
Big game here. Home field in the playoffs on the line most likely. I want to pick Boyle but ................
Who wins and Why
Even though Boyle's offense has struggled at times this year i believe thier [DEFENSE] will be good enough to get them a win against Lexington Catholic come friday night.
There appears to be two threads on this game.I just posted in another one maybe someone needs to combine them.
Lex Cath big.
John Hardin is an opponent that can give us an indication of what we may see. Though you can't put a great deal of creed in their games, it did prove to me the offense were capable of. I think that Lex cath can score against the Rebel D. The Rebs have the advantage of being at home plus a three game winning streak against the Knights. But I think that Lex Cath will pull out a victory in a very closely fought game.
Jack Lambert Wrote:There appears to be two threads on this game.I just posted in another one maybe someone needs to combine them.

Done
Jack Lambert Wrote:Even though Boyle's offense has struggled at times this year i believe thier [DEFENSE] will be good enough to get them a win against Lexington Catholic come friday night.
This one would sure be a fun one to watch.

I'm sorry on this one Jack unless Boyle has improved a lot since the last time I seen them or Lex Cath struggles I think the Bolin kid will provide enough offensive to win. It has been a few weeks since I seen either team play but that is my opinion from what I.saw then.

These are two good teams with a pretty good rivalry as of late, so anything could happen.

Lex Cath in a close one.
I'll agree Lex cath could very well win this game,but the team with the best defense is Boyle county.Lex cath's defense is no better than it has been over the last few years.with Boyle definately having the best defense i think thier offense will score enough enough points to get the win simplely because i don't think Lex caths defense will be able to slow Boyle's offense down at all.
Stardust Wrote:John Hardin is an opponent that can give us an indication of what we may see. Though you can't put a great deal of creed in their games, it did prove to me the offense were capable of. I think that Lex cath can score against the Rebel D. The Rebs have the advantage of being at home plus a three game winning streak against the Knights. But I think that Lex Cath will pull out a victory in a very closely fought game.

Three year winning streak but six game winning streak in that time.

I think Lex Cath has the tools to defeat the Rebels.

For Boyle to win I believe they have to control the ball and the clock. Eat up time and score TD's along the way. I believe Boyle's defense is very good but Bolin is very, very good.

My head would go with the Knights in a close game but my heart has to go with the Rebels.

Always a great game when they hook up and I don't see this one any differently.
Your'e right HATZ,the last time Lex cath beat Boyle was nov,16 07 boyle has won 6 straight.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Your'e right HATZ,the last time Lex cath beat Boyle was nov,16 07 boyle has won 6 straight.

Just wondering how strong is Boyle Co. looking over the next 3 years? I know I'll be traveling to Boyle Co. Monday (JV game), thursday (freshman game), and of course on friday. It may seem trivial to some but any time at any level that Catholic has a football game with the Rebels, it matters. I'm hoping that Lex Cath has the players to win the next 6 straight games over the next few years so that Boyle Co. might enjoy beating us instead of just marking up a W before the game is played.
What does stating facts about the previous 6 games have to do with marking up a win before the game is played?before the season started i thought Boyle would be a solid favorite over Lex cath,but with the struggles of our O-line so far i'd say this game is a toss up.
I'ld say that LC's D is markedly better than last years but probably on the same level of thae ones of 08 and 09.
Also I don't think anyone just marks a victory down in this game. There have been only 2 blowouts in this series that I can think of (LC in the playoff game in 07 and Boyle at LC last year).
I think Catholic will win it by 10
I expect another good, hard fought, classic Boyle County/LexCath game. After watching LexCath last night against Mercer I can see this game coming down to the wire. Hopefully, LexCath's kicker won't be the difference in the game. Kid is nice. He kicked a 44 yarder last night like it was a 14 yarder. It was too easy.
knighted Wrote:Just wondering how strong is Boyle Co. looking over the next 3 years? I know I'll be traveling to Boyle Co. Monday (JV game), thursday (freshman game), and of course on friday. It may seem trivial to some but any time at any level that Catholic has a football game with the Rebels, it matters. I'm hoping that Lex Cath has the players to win the next 6 straight games over the next few years so that Boyle Co. might enjoy beating us instead of just marking up a W before the game is played.

On paper LexCath will likely be better than us for the next 3 years.
I do not think Boyle's pass D will stop Cath, but Cath has D issues too. I think we see a high scoring game with Cath coming out on top by 10.
RebelPride12 Wrote:On paper LexCath will likely be better than us for the next 3 years.

Thank you for your reply. The point i was unsuccessfully trying to make was that over the years Bolye Co. definitely has earned the respect of Lexington Catholic's program and fans. I was just saying that hopefully we can go on a winning streak against the Rebels so that beating us would mean as much to Boyle co. as it does to Lex Cath beating Boyle.
I think this will be lower-scoring than most people expect. Because Lex Cath's defense is not strong, be prepared for the Boyle rushing attack. Coach French is going to do all he can to keep Bolin off of the field. Boyle will likely try to run it up the gut and wear down the LC defense and run as much clock as possible. An offensive shootout would play right into LC's strength.

I'm thinking:

Boyle 31
Lex Cath 28
knighted Wrote:Thank you for your reply. The point i was unsuccessfully trying to make was that over the years Bolye Co. definitely has earned the respect of Lexington Catholic's program and fans. I was just saying that hopefully we can go on a winning streak against the Rebels so that beating us would mean as much to Boyle co. as it does to Lex Cath beating Boyle.

Trust me...beating LexCath means a whole lot to Boyle County fans. I know there are a plenty like me who would rather see Boyle beat LexCath than beat Danville. This game is easily my favorite game every year. I also know what you guys have coming up and while I love my Rebels, we don't have that kind of talent like you guys do. Your 3 sophomores are amazing and Bolin is a junior? Yikes........
Lex Cath-27
Boyle-21
MSU Eagle Wrote:I think this will be lower-scoring than most people expect. Because Lex Cath's defense is not strong, be prepared for the Boyle rushing attack. Coach French is going to do all he can to keep Bolin off of the field. Boyle will likely try to run it up the gut and wear down the LC defense and run as much clock as possible. An offensive shootout would play right into LC's strength.

I'm thinking:

Boyle 31
Lex Cath 28

I agree, I think Boyle tries to have long time consuming drives to keep LC offense off the field.
sstack Wrote:I agree, I think Boyle tries to have long time consuming drives to keep LC offense off the field.

Is LC's Defense that bad that BC can just consume the clock because of long drives
I've been able to watch both teams play live this year and I don't see LC winning this. IMO Boyle County will be way to physical for LC to get the win. As a Highlands fan I would rather play LC than Boyle in the playoffs.
Stardust Wrote:Is LC's Defense that bad that BC can just consume the clock because of long drives

I do not know if they can, but I think that will be their game plan.
NCC41 Wrote:I've been able to watch both teams play live this year and I don't see LC winning this. IMO Boyle County will be way to physical for LC to get the win. As a Highlands fan I would rather play LC than Boyle in the playoffs.

Why? Unless Boyle's Offense improves a lot from the first meeting, they were not very impressive. I think most HHS fans would not be too worried about a rematch.
Friday night you will see what Rebel Pride is as this team will refuse to lose. They will not let Lexington Catholic beat them on their home turf - at least not this year.
Stardust Wrote:John Hardin is an opponent that can give us an indication of what we may see. Though you can't put a great deal of creed in their games, it did prove to me the offense were capable of. I think that Lex cath can score against the Rebel D. The Rebs have the advantage of being at home plus a three game winning streak against the Knights. But I think that Lex Cath will pull out a victory in a very closely fought game.

Being a John Hardin fan I can say at this point I would give the slight advantage to LC. The Boyle offensive line will be the difference. If they can give the QB time to throw the ball they have a chance to score with LC. Boyle defense is good but I dont think they stop Bolin; maybe slow him down. This is going to be a great game. I think both programs are very good and I hate that one of them will lose this week.
Stardust Wrote:Is LC's Defense that bad that BC can just consume the clock because of long drives

In my opinion after watching LC play 2 or 3 games on i-high this year is yes it is that bad it's know better than it has been over the last 3 seasons.I think Boyle will be able to run the ball,and control the clock keeping Bolin off the field.I think Boyle has a big edge defensively in this game.