Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violent Confrontation With a Murray KY Coach Caught On Tape
The Murray, Ky., coach was teaching a class and accused the student of stealing a pencil.

Authorities said the coach could now face charges.

Surveillance cameras caught it all on tape. Murray School employee Charles Parrott allegedly confronted 13-year-old Dimitri Ross about a stolen pencil at the alternative school.

There is no audio on the tape, but Ross admits to using foul language as the confrontation escalated.

In a second taped incident in another room, Parrott is standing by the door while another man talks with Ross.

Parrott pushes the man out of the way and lunges at Ross.

Police said Ross spent the night in the hospital with cuts and bruises and a possible concussion.

"I've seen the tape 40 or 50 times," said Kentucky state trooper Brad Smith. "I look specifically (to see if) the boy (makes) any moves toward Mr. Parrott. I don't see any."

Article from NBC..View video here!

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4134574/detail.html
Thats very sad...You never know what to expect with teachers these days
That does give teachers a bad name, and I hope that people don't generalize because of extreme cases like this. I plan on teaching in roughly two years.
Doesn't look good for him or the score system. You better be a patient person if your going to work with kids.

Good luck 4 leaf.
This does look bad on teachers. But teachers these days have to be tough, because parents don't dicipline their kids like they used to, and now the kids think they have the freedom to tell the teacher how they feel.. I could only imagine what this kid could have possibly been saying to the teacher. I mean some people hate their job, but how mad do you have to be before you actually act upon your anger, especially when you know as soon as you do yoru job could be in jepordy. And what happens to make you this mad?
It had to something extreme CTD.

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:07 am:

And thanks CatDawg
4leaf Wrote:It had to something extreme CTD.

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:07 am:

And thanks CatDawg

Yeah it must have been something, cause this is someone's career we are talking about. I know that sometimes people do trip out, and that could be the case here. But a lot of times its not completely the fault of the guilty individual
The teacher is still the adult and proffessional and should never had acted in this manner no matter what the kid said. He should be dealt with swiftly. Besides it was just a pencil, not like it was his wife or something. When working with people any people young or old you have to expect some issues to arise but you should be prepared to handle any situation as a professional and if you can't handle it then don't work with people.
Mr. Parrott is a Mayfield football coach, not Murray
I saw this on tv this morning.. I couldn't believe he could do that to a young boy when the boy didn't try to harm him in anyway
I dont see anything wrong with slapping him around a little bit.Bet next time he'll think twice about stealing somethning. :x