Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Head Coach (UK)
highschoolfan Wrote::notbad:

Could anyone do better losing their entire offense?
I think joker has this year and atleast 1 more. He is not catching a lot of heat now, but the heat will come later in the season when we are still sitting on 2 wins and winless in the conference and they are playing on saturdays in an empty commonwealth stadium. Ticket prices were raised this year and fans are not going to come watch a poor team. Last week against cen mich they were giving away tickets to soldiers and firemen and the upper deck was still half empty. The university cant afford to have an empty stadium. I remember a game back in the bill curry days against cincy that fans showed up and tailgated and never went into the stadium and the university had no choice but to get rid of bill curry. I realize joker is by no means as bad as curry but if the losing continues we could very well see the stadium empty again. The fans at uk have been loyal for years during losing season after losing season and the past 5 or 6 years of just 6 or 7 wins have them hungry for a winning program.
we can possibly win 1 more (Sep 22nd vs. Jacksonville State) after that I believe UK won't win another game until next season
Give Joker sometime, UK football is not in a position to fire someone so they could hire a big name coach or steal one from a recently successful program. Even though UK is in the SEC, they're on the same level as Cincinnati and Indiana when it comes to football. Im pretty sure UK would like to have Richt, Leach, or Holtz, but best bet is UK's next head coach would probably be D-Coor. Rick Minter or Solich from Ohio
cuppett777 Wrote:would never waych Uk football again,until he left

So you enjoy watching us Lose!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Joker will come into his own with some time! The team has talent and I believe Joker is a good coach, they just need some time to get a connection going.
Cut Coach Cals salary basketball sucks any way,, fire Joker and bring in good coach ..
Fire joker and bench newton
Its time for BOOKIE COBBINS
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I love Mark Richt. I would give anything to see him in blue but even if he is unemployed next year and uk offered him the job i dont think hed take it.
Why would you want a coach that cannot get it done at a school that has great football tradition and gets tons of great athletes and talent?? What would make you think he could come to a program with no tradition and get less talent than he had at Georgia and win?? We got Bill Curry from Bama and we all know how that turned out!! Best case scenario for us would be to get a young dynamic coach that has been a proven recruiter and winner at a school from somewhere like the MAC conference or another smaller conference, with the energy, determination and work ethic to show that you can have a winning program at UK.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why would you want a coach that cannot get it done at a school that has great football tradition and gets tons of great athletes and talent?? What would make you think he could come to a program with no tradition and get less talent than he had at Georgia and win?? We got Bill Curry from Bama and we all know how that turned out!! Best case scenario for us would be to get a young dynamic coach that has been a proven recruiter and winner at a school from somewhere like the MAC conference or another smaller conference, with the energy, determination and work ethic to show that you can have a winning program at UK.

Won't Happen at Adolph Rupp university.
The guy that should have had the job years ago!
ROY KIDD
When we win everyone loves him but when we lose everyone wants his head, give him time people we lost 90% of our offense from last years team. And he must know football because he is a head coach in the SEC, where are you.
^

Good Post CA!
CardinalAlum Wrote:When we win everyone loves him but when we lose everyone wants his head, give him time people we lost 90% of our offense from last years team. And he must know football because he is a head coach in the SEC, where are you.

good post

the rest of us is at home sitting on the couch watching the game lol
MVP2 Wrote:As I said earlier, I dont see Joker going anywhere this or next year.

However, if Leach was offered the job, would be come back to UK?

If Joker did leave, which I don't see that happening, he would defiantly be the #1 guy that we should go after in my book.

Joker has had his moments where he looks brilliant and others where you look at everyone you are watching the game with and ask them what is he thinking. My honest opinion he is a better coordinator than head coach, but I say give him a while and see what happens.

LMAO, remember at some point during Rich Brooks 2nd season everyone was screaming for his head and wanted him gone. Brooks turned it around, I believe Joker will but he will need to recruit better at the QB, I say it all the time but he does. Newton is just an average QB, and his pocket presence is just not that good, and overthrows the receivers all the time, accuracy is horrific. If he makes a good throw on that 4th down play then UK has a first down.

Joker will have some time to do his thing, but he needs to do something quick. We have been to 5 strait bowl games and us fans, and I am sure the administration at UK don't want it to win.
The chances of UK ever going after Mike Leach is slim to none.

He was in too much with Mumme when he was here and most of us know that story.
WALL2WALL Wrote:If Joker did leave, which I don't see that happening, he would defiantly be the #1 guy that we should go after in my book.

Joker has had his moments where he looks brilliant and others where you look at everyone you are watching the game with and ask them what is he thinking. My honest opinion he is a better coordinator than head coach, but I say give him a while and see what happens.

LMAO, remember at some point during Rich Brooks 2nd season everyone was screaming for his head and wanted him gone. Brooks turned it around, I believe Joker will but he will need to recruit better at the QB, I say it all the time but he does. Newton is just an average QB, and his pocket presence is just not that good, and overthrows the receivers all the time, accuracy is horrific. If he makes a good throw on that 4th down play then UK has a first down.

Joker will have some time to do his thing, but he needs to do something quick. We have been to 5 strait bowl games and us fans, and I am sure the administration at UK don't want it to win.

*end.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The chances of UK ever going after Mike Leach is slim to none.

He was in too much with Mumme when he was here and most of us know that story.

I hope your right on that. I'm not very high on Leach.
SaveUK Wrote:Who does Joker currently have on staff that is blood relation. The fact of the matter is he puts a solid game plan out there and it is up to his players to execute. In the louisville game alone I was flabbergasted at how many times Newton had an easy throw and chose to run into pressure rather then dump it down. The offensive line was supposed to be a strength for us but here we are 3 games in and we can't block anyone but once again Joker can't get out there and play for them. You can blame Joker if you want but he has put together some great recruiting classes and a great staff around him and if you give him a couple of years to get things the way he needs them you just might like what you see. I remember when Rich Brooks was still getting his players on the team and everyone wanted to run him out of town and then after a couple bowl wins he could have ran for governor and won. Only time will tell but if everyone runs him off now you run this recruiting class off that everyone is excited about and maybe even a couple fans. Let the man have time like every other coach gets and I think you will be happy you did.
Joker fired Jimmy Heggins and replaced him with JOE B HALL'S son-in-law. When a coach gets fired after his unit led the SEC in fewest sacks allowed tells everybody that more was going on than what was told! Joker just so Happened to hire Joe Hall's son-in-Law?????? I didn't just fall off the turnip truck! Were talking led the SEC, the same league that produces the best D-linemen in the world the same D-linemen that the experts say puts the SEC a notch above everybody else! That O-line that went to Auburn 2 years ago and hit them in the mouth and knocked them off the ball and didn't compete a single penilty and Won, for the first time in 40 years,with FRESHMEN MORGAN Newton at QB!! Auburn wins the National title the next year. Now they can't block WKU who lost bad too a 1AA team last week! Heggins learned the game from one of the best ever and he COACHED FSU line to National titles!!!! I knew when Joker fired him he threw all the work Brooks and Heggins done down the shitter! Mike Summers is a JOKE!! WOW he coached UL a Arkansas who UK beat while he was there. Heggins on the otherhand was part of a FSU staff that went to 19 consecutive bowl games and 11 league titles and 2 NATIONAL TITLES!
CardinalAlum Wrote:When we win everyone loves him but when we lose everyone wants his head, give him time people we lost 90% of our offense from last years team. And he must know football because he is a head coach in the SEC, where are you.

Personally, im a paying customer dissatisfied with shitty performances.
BTW, when has Joke ever won anything since hes been there?
You said we love him when he wins, he aint won shit.
Lets be patient with Joker guys. Sure this year looks lost and a bowl game is not likely. But remember Brooks first few years coaching? Some bad teams that really wasn't close to being bowl eligible. I'll be the first to admit I was one of those guys yelling 'get rid of his ass!', but I was completely wrong, and with time he turned the UK football program around. Joker needs time to implement his system and get his type of players into the program.
Aslan Wrote:Lets be patient with Joker guys. Sure this year looks lost and a bowl game is not likely. But remember Brooks first few years coaching? Some bad teams that really wasn't close to being bowl eligible. I'll be the first to admit I was one of those guys yelling 'get rid of his ass!', but I was completely wrong, and with time he turned the UK football program around. Joker needs time to implement his system and get his type of players into the program.

Kentucky has the worst football fans in the country. They think we should contend for a national title while we barely get the talent to compete in the toughest conference in college football. That is why a big name coach will never come here. I am a realist I know full well we won't win this conference but I also know we lose alot of games we shouldn't however I understand why it happens. For us to beat someone like florida it would require a perfect game which is next to impossible and only happens once a year, if that.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why would you want a coach that cannot get it done at a school that has great football tradition and gets tons of great athletes and talent?? What would make you think he could come to a program with no tradition and get less talent than he had at Georgia and win?? We got Bill Curry from Bama and we all know how that turned out!! Best case scenario for us would be to get a young dynamic coach that has been a proven recruiter and winner at a school from somewhere like the MAC conference or another smaller conference, with the energy, determination and work ethic to show that you can have a winning program at UK.

Because thats what were use to.
Might as well get a better one than the one we have now.

We will never get a good coach and recruiter because UK wont spend the money for one.
Aslan Wrote:Lets be patient with Joker guys. Sure this year looks lost and a bowl game is not likely. But remember Brooks first few years coaching? Some bad teams that really wasn't close to being bowl eligible. I'll be the first to admit I was one of those guys yelling 'get rid of his ass!', but I was completely wrong, and with time he turned the UK football program around. Joker needs time to implement his system and get his type of players into the program.

Thats exactly what im getting at.
What in the hell did brooks do?
I have never liked any uk coach since ive been alive.

Brooks should have never been hired either.
0 SEC Championships
0 National titles
0 Wins against Fla
0 Wins against Tenn

He pretty much done the same thing as every other uk coach. nothing.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Kentucky has the worst football fans in the country. They think we should contend for a national title while we barely get the talent to compete in the toughest conference in college football. That is why a big name coach will never come here. I am a realist I know full well we won't win this conference but I also know we lose alot of games we shouldn't however I understand why it happens. For us to beat someone like florida it would require a perfect game which is next to impossible and only happens once a year, if that.

Quite possibly. Im a bad fan be cause i want wins. Yea, i know, im horrible.
toussaints Wrote:give joker sometime, uk football is not in a position to fire someone so they could hire a big name coach or steal one from a recently successful program. Even though uk is in the sec, they're on the same level as cincinnati and indiana when it comes to football. Im pretty sure uk would like to have richt, leach, or holtz, but best bet is uk's next head coach would probably be d-coor. Rick minter or solich from ohio
to much more time the program will be so far gone no one will take the job.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats exactly what im getting at.
What in the hell did brooks do?
I have never liked any uk coach since ive been alive.

Brooks should have never been hired either.
0 SEC Championships
0 National titles
0 Wins against Fla
0 Wins against Tenn

He pretty much done the same thing as every other uk coach. nothing.

We can't grade UK football the way we do our basketball team. Before he got here, we was awful. After he left, he made 4 straight bowls. I was very pleased with the progress he made. Now Joker needs to continue on that success. Can he do it? I don't know. But we need to give him some time before we make a judgment on him. I'll give you this, he's definitely failed so far, but UK needs to give him a legit chance before they let him go.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Quite possibly. Im a bad fan be cause i want wins. Yea, i know, im horrible.

Lol well then find a way for us to out recruit florida in thier own state until then it won't happen. That is the way it works florida has a good football program for that one reason. And the rest of the SEC gets their leftovers from that state with the teams getting progressively worse the more north you go. The south makes better football players and we sure as hell will never out recruit those teams in their own states it won't happen. To get to the level you want to get would require kentucky to become a great HS football state and we all know the odds of that happening. Until then we have to take the rest of the sec's leftovers and you see what that gets us.
Aslan Wrote:We can't grade UK football the way we do our basketball team. Before he got here, we was awful. After he left, he made 4 straight bowls. I was very pleased with the progress he made. Now Joker needs to continue on that success. Can he do it? I don't know. But we need to give him some time before we make a judgment on him. I'll give you this, he's definitely failed so far, but UK needs to give him a legit chance before they let him go.

There are very few coaches that couldve done better than Brooks. And anyone who thinks differently obviously hasn't watched much kentucky football. Curry was a great coach, He couldn't get it done. It takes a very special kind of coach to win at UK.