Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach At Pike Central?
PHSFAN Wrote:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Coach Mac is a good coach that all his players respected but he wasnt a hillard howard either. Coach Mac was helped out by the fact that he always had good players on his team. Take away those good players and who knows how well things would go. But no matter where Coach Mac is I wish him the best of luck.

Very true...If you want to see how Coach Mac does without good players then look at his previous stop on Buckley's Creek and the same will be true this time around.

Considering what he had, I wouldn't say he really did that bad. I mean he did lead them to their first winning season and a playoff berth in 3A, where they lost to Pulaski Southwestern
whats the point in arguing over it?
pc has never played pikeville and u cant base who would win a game over the margin between the belfry games, or any other games at that...i mean central played belfry at vipperman this year, pikeville played at home...these things are all key elements...u cant base anything on scores...BOTH panther AND hawk fans need to bury the pride and get over the fact that this is stupid Smile
Dont seem very fair to judge his coaching ability while he coached for a very young school at the time. Even the coach that Hillard Howard is, I'm sure his team wont be perfect this season. It takes time ppl! Starts with the little leauge programs, if they're not there then the grade school program is weak. Then that makes the high school program weak. Takes kids a little more than two years to learn to play the game of football the way it should be played! Gordon Varney just played his second year of football! And we wonder why Central is struggling!
15thRegionBaller Wrote:whats the point in arguing over it?
pc has never played pikeville and u cant base who would win a game over the margin between the belfry games, or any other games at that.

I think I remember the two teams playing at Pikeville in the mid 90s but I may be wrong.
PHSFAN Wrote:
pc has never played pikeville and u cant base who would win a game over the margin between the belfry games, or any other games at that.

I think I remember the two teams playing at Pikeville in the mid 90s but I may be wrong.

I've been following them since 96 and don't remember ever playing Pikeville, but I could be wrong
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:

I've been following them since 96 and don't remember ever playing Pikeville, but I could be wrong

I am about 90% sure that they played in the early or mid 90s. Maybe someone can remember for sure, but I am almost certain.
15thRegionFan Wrote:Yeah, you got Mac!
Let me know when you find an offense.

Be glad to do that for ya!
Let me know when you find a coach[/quote]
You know it's funny...Pikeville has several TOP NAME coaches calling before any of this came out.
It seems to be a place Quality coaches want to be.
As of Right now he is still in our program so yes we do. :lol:
pantherman Wrote:As of Right now he is still in our program so yes we do. :lol:
Yeah...but I think that "as of right now" will be gone in less that 36 hrs....maybe even today Sad
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Coach Mac is a good coach that all his players respected but he wasnt a hillard howard either. Coach Mac was helped out by the fact that he always had good players on his team. Take away those good players and who knows how well things would go. But no matter where Coach Mac is I wish him the best of luck.

First of all, IMO...Coach mac really hasn't had all that great of a roster the past few years.....for the talent he has had...He has done very, very well.
The first year of Pike Central's existance the Hawks played the Panthers at Pikeville. Pikeville won 26-12. Pikeville did not fulfill the second year of the contarct and give PC a return game the following year. Second, McNamee is probably the only coach at pikeville in the last several years that coached Pikeville kids. There were no Texans or Mountaineers or many countians on his teams unlike other teams at Yikesville which built that little dynasty over there. Dont speak of pathetic athletic departments without forgetting the last time the Panthers defeated the Hawks in basketball. When was that again? Boys or girls for that matter. PC should be so lucky to be single A or All "A" but they are not. They play in the toughest district in the state and they dont whine about it.
PHSFAN Wrote:Pike Central was a joke when Caoch Mac was there before and I see no reason that would indicate that they won't continue being a joke if he does return to Buckley's Creek. Has Pike Central ever won a regional title in any sport besides girls basketball? Their entire athletic department is a joke when you consider all that the school has going for it. They are 2A school with very nice facilites in one of the weakest areas of the state for high school sports, and they have NOTHING to show for it.

If your going to sit here and talk about how bad a school is at athletics and how much better another is then just leave. Read the topic again.
who wouldn't want to coach at Pikeville, heck you show up and win 8-9 games a year...when your big rivalry game is against Paintsville you should know that the schedule and district is weak! And don't say belfry is the big rivalry because that hasn't been a game since 1996 and they still got beat. Strength is in numbers, Pikeville grade school has around 200 kids at the most, Johns creek is the biggest school in Pike County.
Straightballa4 Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Pike Central was a joke when Caoch Mac was there before and I see no reason that would indicate that they won't continue being a joke if he does return to Buckley's Creek. Has Pike Central ever won a regional title in any sport besides girls basketball? Their entire athletic department is a joke when you consider all that the school has going for it. They are 2A school with very nice facilites in one of the weakest areas of the state for high school sports, and they have NOTHING to show for it.

If your going to sit here and talk about how bad a school is at athletics and how much better another is then just leave. Read the topic again.

I have been here since the day this site was started and was asked by QQ to be a mod so I believe that I will stay. I will be happy to help you leave though. If the PC fans are going to down the Pikeville program then expect some in return.
PHSFAN Wrote:
Straightballa4 Wrote:

I have been here since the day this site was started and was asked by QQ to be a mod so I believe that I will stay. I will be happy to help you leave though. If the PC fans are going to down the Pikeville program then expect some in return.

I didnt down anyone. I understand your point. I would react the same way. All im asking is to stay on topic.
hes done all he can for us and i respect that......but if he culdnt take a team like pikeville to state then no chance could he take the hawks to 2nd round of playoffs
PHSFAN Wrote:

Very true...If you want to see how Coach Mac does without good players then look at his previous stop on Buckley's Creek and the same will be true this time around.

What about big JOSH PREECE. He was here when Mac was and went on to Georgetown College to win 2 national championships and appeared in the national championship game 4 times and started all 4. Who from Pikeville has accomplished a feat like that? Mac will do just fine up heer with the help of Preece.
Seriously listen, Mac is not coming there because he wants to coach for you all or he thinks he can win. It's the pressure he is put under at Pikeville. He thinks your program is as big of a joke as I do.
Eugene Cole Wrote:Seriously listen, Mac is not coming there because he wants to coach for you all or he thinks he can win. It's the pressure he is put under at Pikeville. He thinks your program is as big of a joke as I do.

Very well put EC
Well personally i think that mac would be crazy to go to a team like pike central...a team that did horrible this season and will never be any good...unlike pikeville who can say made it to the state semi finals...if he wants a future in football he should stay with the PANTHERS!!!!
You have your right to your own opinions. But, Mac is a good coach and whatever team he goes to will get better. The Movie "COACH CARTER" is a good example. It didnt take him that long though. Only one season.
Straightballa4 Wrote:You have your right to your own opinions. But, Mac is a good coach and whatever team he goes to will get better. The Movie "COACH CARTER" is a good example. It didnt take him that long though. Only one season.

Very Well put IT WAS A MOVIE!!!!!!!
Straightballa4 Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:
Straightballa4 Wrote:

I didnt down anyone. I understand your point. I would react the same way. All im asking is to stay on topic.

You dislike pikeville so much, but check your location...do us all a favor and change it to "the county" if your going to bash where your from... :roll: