Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Puljos, Walt Jocketty and Tony LaRussa to the Cubs?
One scenario raised during informal discussions (presumably ones including owner Tom Ricketts) has the Cubs hiring current Reds GM Walt Jocketty, which could then lead to the team snaring Tony La Russa to manage and Albert Pujols to play first base, writes Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times. Jocketty declined to comment, saying that he's happy in Cincinnati, but also lavished praise on the Cubs job and noted that the team extending farm director Oneri Fleita "shouldn't be" a hindrance. Wittenmyer says the Cubs are gathering information on Andrew Friedman, Billy Beane, Dan Evans, and Ned Colletti so far. Ricketts has yet to ask permission to speak to any GM under contract, writes Levine. In a chat conducted yesterday, Levine guessed Rick Hahn would be the next Cubs' GM.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/09/ar...ahair.html
I'm the biggest Cubs fan on here and there's no way that there gonna get Albert Puljos at 1B, Tony LaRussa to be the manager and Walt Jocketty to be the GM. There gonna go after Puljos hard, they plan on throwing more money at him than any other team can match or making it hard for them to match it but I don't see them getting all 3, It'd be sweet if they did tho but I dont' see LaRussa leaving St. Louis
It will never happen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ I don't think they'll get all 3 but I do believe they can get Albert Puljos. The Cubs is just about the only team everyone's talking about him going too and there talking about that hard or was everything's settled down since we're at the end of the season if he goes somewhere else I believe there gonna go after Prince Fielder
I think that Pujols will get his big contract in St. Louis, LaRussa will retire in St. Louis. However, I would not be surprised if Jocketty left Cincy for the Cubs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I think that Pujols will get his big contract in St. Louis, LaRussa will retire in St. Louis. However, I would not be surprised if Jocketty left Cincy for the Cubs.

he didn't like what they offered at the beginning of the season, they better be upping the $$$. I wanted Brian Cashman as the GM but there's no way that he'll leave the Bankees. I'd like to have Rick Hahn
Fielder said tonight that this is probably his last year as a Milwaukee Brewer. I really want the Cubs to get Albert Puljos but if he takes his talents somewhere else then I'd gladly take Fielder. He's another player that everyone is talking about that could end up as a Cub if Puljos goes somewhere else
"Uncle" Bob Castellini (Reds Owner & CEO) said before the Reds/Cubs game that Jocketty will stay with Cincinnati.
Imagine how many bombs Pujols would have at Wrigley!!!!!!1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Imagine how many bombs Pujols would have at Wrigley!!!!!!1
Being a Cubs fan, I believe he has half of his career home runs at Wrigley.
I was reading on mlbtraderumors.com that the Cubs aren't likely to name a new GM by the end of the month