Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Volleyball
WTH has happened? Since Rick Mounts left, they've fell apart. Anna Bevins might have gotten that job at UPike after one season at BHS, but Autumn Chapman is going nowhere ... FAST.
It's sad to seem a former volleyball dynasty struggle... hope your Pirates can pull things together before post season!
Belfry0304 Wrote:WTH has happened? Since Rick Mounts left, they've fell apart. Anna Bevins might have gotten that job at UPike after one season at BHS, but Autumn Chapman is going nowhere ... FAST.
Honestly, while there might be some issues with Autumn, I feel like a big part of it is your fan base. They are perhaps a little TOO passionate, and the girls seem to feed off of it, affecting them mentally in games. The game against Pikeville was a good example. I've NEVER in a volleyball game seen fans light up a line judge and refs like they were. There is some very good talent at Belfry, don't get me wrong. Very good. But I can't tell you how many times I saw girls turning around and looking at or talking to someone in the stands between points while the coach was talking, etc. I was embarrassed as a volleyball fan in general for how the fans were behaving toward the line judge from Pikeville when that last call was made on game point, no one said anything to the Belfry line judge who should have been the one to make the call on his end and the refs deferred to the Pikeville judge because it hit on the line on his side running the length of the court when the Belfry judge (who was looking right at the ball) said "I didn't see it".

I'm completely of the opinion the way his body language was, that he just didn't want to be the one to call it in and cost the girls the game because he was scared of his own fans.

But good luck to Belfry in their remaining games, maybe we'll meet again in the tournament. I don't like seeing a good program struggle, no matter who it is, from problems like that.
Honestly, we don't usually have that kind of fans. There's usually hardly anyone at the games, but since we played Pikeville alot of people came out.
I know Belfry isn't the dynasty it used to be but, they still have a winning record and will win district... you think they will look for a new coach after this season?
autumn is doing a fine job she has alot to worry about that rick didnt crazy fans, terrible attitudes all over the team and the pressure of coaching at belfry i think she will be fine when tournament time rolls around if they can get it all under control
Belfry0304 Wrote:Honestly, we don't usually have that kind of fans. There's usually hardly anyone at the games, but since we played Pikeville alot of people came out.
The main rowdy fans were obviously volleyball parents, so I don't think it was the size of the crowd so much as it just was the rabid fans.