Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Holy Cross at Beechwood - 9/8/11
The #2 team in Class A Beechwood welcomes an old district foe Covington Holy Cross, the #7 team in 2A tonight at Beechwood. Both teams coming off very sloppy performances last week. Holy Cross features an offensive attack led by dual threat QB Kyle Fuller, while Beechwood's defense has not been scored on this year (Holmes 2 Tds were on defense)

Beechwood beat Holmes 21-13, but committed 7 turnovers, 2 being returned for TDs. Bad news for Beechwood, it'll be wet tonight. Good news for Beechwood, they've never lost to Holy Cross in varsity football.

Holy Cross lost to Conner 41-20, 20 of Conner's points being scored in the 4th quarter while Holy Cross looked gassed. The good news for HC, it's not 90 degrees today. The bad news, this will be the best defense they've seen so far.

Beechwood is the favorite in this game, however, If Holy Cross can get on the scoreboard early and force Beechwood into a shootout, then Holy corss could pull off the upset.
toussaints

How do you think the loss of 2 starting linemen last week will impact Beechwood? Atleast 1 is done for the year and strong chance both are. I dont think it matters tonight but could be huge in other games is my take on it
Beechwood will blow them out! The Tigers will not have the same number of mistakes and HC will not have enough defense to stop them.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:toussaints

How do you think the loss of 2 starting linemen last week will impact Beechwood? Atleast 1 is done for the year and strong chance both are. I dont think it matters tonight but could be huge in other games is my take on it

we'll it's never good for a team to lose one of it's starters, but I don't think it'll hurt Beechwood too bad. By the time the playoffs come around, the injured players replacements will have 6-7 weeks worth of practice and game experience. it could be an issue when they run into a pretty good team in the playoffs like Mayfield or Louisville Holy Cross, but i don't think it'll be a big problem by that point.
Stardust Wrote:Beechwood will blow them out! The Tigers will not have the same number of mistakes and HC will not have enough defense to stop them.

I agree the Tigers won't have the same number of mistakes, but I don't know about a blowout. Holy Cross defense does a good job of stopping the run until they run out of gas. What hurt Holy Cross last week was failing to maintain an offensive drive in the 2nd half, the defense never got a break.

I think Beechwood will win, but this game will probably be alittle closer than what Beechwood would want