Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Champions?
After this 1st week who does everyone think will be there at the end of the year? I have to go with Wisconsin, they were the best all around team I saw.
I've said the Badgers since the end of last season and there is nothing to make me think otherwise. The Big 10 is ripe enough for them to run the table. If you run the table in a major conference and stay undefeated, then it's a lock they will play in the national championship game
an sec school again lsu or alabama
Having Russell Wilson, makes their chances better but I just dont see Wisconsin running the table.

The National Champs will be from down south, from the SEC!
LSU sure the hell looked good without the starting QB and a couple more starters.

LSU would spank the Badgers, and I'd love to see it.
Wisconsin is the one team that could beat a SEC team. I'd say itll be them and LSU in a dog fight. But LSU's defense will be the deciding factor.

On a side note anyone else looking forward to seeing wisconsin Spank Ohio State?
Alabama, LSU, or Stanford all have the opportunity in my opinion.
I agree
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Wisconsin is the one team that could beat a SEC team. I'd say itll be them and LSU in a dog fight. But LSU's defense will be the deciding factor.

On a side note anyone else looking forward to seeing wisconsin Spank Ohio State?

At the "Big House"? I think OSU beats Wisconsin and is one of their two loses of the season.
LSU vs Alabama is the National Title game.

Wisconsin could play with either team IMO because of their O-Line and running game.
When you play against a team like LSU....
the athleticism at linebacker and in the secondary is almost scary.
You have to be able to run the ball, block well, and when you run the ball you can't try to run to the sidelines and turn the corner like Oregon thought they could do.
Wisconsin, South Carolina, and Alabama are the only teams I think are capable of beating LSU.
If they take THIS team to state they could win some games.
With a sure-handed PG like Braxton, a Coach that will put you in a position to win the game, and if this kid live up to the hype....
They could make a lot of noise at Rupp.
ah boys...
Aslan Wrote:^Not happening.

We shall see. ....Nice avatar btw. Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:At the "Big House"? I think OSU beats Wisconsin and is one of their two loses of the season.

Lol Wisconsin will run it down everyone in the Big 10's throat and laugh while they do it. They have the hoss's up front to compete in the SEC. I actually respect wisconsin for this reason. They have a GREAT O-Line that is where games are won. Unfortunately for them LSU has a much better D-Line, and so does alabama. Those D-lines are really what seperates the SEC from the rest of the country. I want to know where all the talent comes from because every SEC team has a good bunch of D-Lineman.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Lol Wisconsin will run it down everyone in the Big 10's throat and laugh while they do it. They have the hoss's up front to compete in the SEC. I actually respect wisconsin for this reason. They have a GREAT O-Line that is where games are won. Unfortunately for them LSU has a much better D-Line, and so does alabama. Those D-lines are really what seperates the SEC from the rest of the country. I want to know where all the talent comes from because every SEC team has a good bunch of D-Lineman.

I agree with that. I'm not saying Wisconsin doesnt got a good team, they can run it down anyones throat and getting Wilson on the field, he has the arm to throw down field or can make a team respect him by keeping a LB up as spy to contain him. I got the Badgers losing two games. We shall see how that pans out.
zaga_fan Wrote:If they take THIS team to state they could win some games.
With a sure-handed PG like Braxton, a Coach that will put you in a position to win the game, and if this kid live up to the hype....
They could make a lot of noise at Rupp.

I totally changed this post to ah boys last nite.....
I guess I posted it in the wrong forum twice lol
If I had to pick 4 teams that have a chance it would be Bama, LSU, Wisconsin, and Stanford. Oklahoma has a chance to.
Honestly I think the winner of the LSU/Bama game will be one of your teams in the national championship. Then whoever is setting pretty in 3rd behind those two, or if OK is still first then that will be your title game. I would like to see Wisonsin play the LSU/Bama winner for the title. Overall though, until proven otherwise, the SEC defenses of Bama and LSU cant be beat by any of those teams while i do think Wisconsin has the best chance.
Lets not forget though that Miss State IMO is VERY good. Id about bet money that they will upset either LSU or Bama. Hopefully its not the winner of the LSU Bama game. IMO nobody in the east can come close to either of those teams. Watch out for Miss St. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them play spoiler this year.
^ Great post
Alabama will bring the hardware back to the SEC again!
LSU or Florida St.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If I had to pick 4 teams that have a chance it would be Bama, LSU, Wisconsin, and Stanford. Oklahoma has a chance to.
Honestly I think the winner of the LSU/Bama game will be one of your teams in the national championship. Then whoever is setting pretty in 3rd behind those two, or if OK is still first then that will be your title game. I would like to see Wisonsin play the LSU/Bama winner for the title. Overall though, until proven otherwise, the SEC defenses of Bama and LSU cant be beat by any of those teams while i do think Wisconsin has the best chance.
Lets not forget though that Miss State IMO is VERY good. Id about bet money that they will upset either LSU or Bama. Hopefully its not the winner of the LSU Bama game. IMO nobody in the east can come close to either of those teams. Watch out for Miss St. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them play spoiler this year.

I was going to post something like this but you beat me to it.
I don't think Miss St will be in the title game, but they have the ability to make some noise, and shake up the BCS.