Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights vs Highlands 9/1
Can Pike lead the Colonels to an upset over the Bluebirds?

Thoughts/Predictions?
MVP2 Wrote:Can Pike lead the Colonels to an upset over the Bluebirds?

Thoughts/Predictions?
Highlands 45
Dixie 21
Highlands big, Dixie's defense will have alot of problems thursday

Highlands by 4 TDs
Not even close blow out by the Birds.
This one is going to be UGLY, Highlands by as much as they want!!!

Thoughts/Predictions?

No. Dixie's D has been a sieve and it will get worse before it gets better. As they did in the 1st game last year I would think that HHS would try and keep Pike contained in the pocket and limit his ability to roll to his right. His favorite pass seems to be the 6-8 yard quick out to Cohorn (#5) on the right.

As for HHS, they may get some additional weapons back on the Offensive side of the ball who did not play vs Boyle. Based on the lack of a D line push in their 1st 2 games, Towles should have plenty of time to throw, which was not the case last year with Dixie. Dixie's line play last year was better IMO.

As a nationally televised game (Fox Sports South), it should be a fun game to watch.

As for a prediction, I envision HHS by several scores, Birds 55, Dixie 21.
horst muhlmann Wrote:No. Dixie's D has been a sieve and it will get worse before it gets better. As they did in the 1st game last year I would think that HHS would try and keep Pike contained in the pocket and limit his ability to roll to his right. His favorite pass seems to be the 6-8 yard quick out to Cohorn (#5) on the right.

As for HHS, they may get some additional weapons back on the Offensive side of the ball who did not play vs Boyle. Based on the lack of a D line push in their 1st 2 games, Towles should have plenty of time to throw, which was not the case last year with Dixie. Dixie's line play last year was better IMO.

As a nationally televised game (Fox Sports South), it should be a fun game to watch.

As for a prediction, I envision HHS by several scores, Birds 55, Dixie 21.
Dixie gets decent penetration from their d line. They don't complete plays when they are back there. Towels will either take off and pick up 20 to 30 or throw it over the top for 6.
Highlands.
nptb17 Wrote:Dixie gets decent penetration from their d line. They don't complete plays when they are back there. Towels will either take off and pick up 20 to 30 or throw it over the top for 6.

Whatever Towles chooses to do, he'll find a way to score on that Dixie secondary
Since we are dealing with teenage boys, one can never know what will happen in a game, but if I had to predict, I'd predict Highlands over Dixie. Along with other reasons to think Highlands will win, the Birds had the bye week to heal up and start preparing for Dixie. Dixie on the other hand, has to deal with a short week of practice. Doesn't look good for Dixie. But if there is one team that kids on opposing teams play higher than their abilities, its Highlands. I expect the Dixie kids to play their hearts out this Thursday. Birds better not underestimate them. Never underestimate any opponent.
charlie22 Wrote:Since we are dealing with teenage boys, one can never know what will happen in a game, but if I had to predict, I'd predict Highlands over Dixie. Along with other reasons to think Highlands will win, the Birds had the bye week to heal up and start preparing for Dixie. Dixie on the other hand, has to deal with a short week of practice. Doesn't look good for Dixie. But if there is one team that kids on opposing teams play higher than their abilities, its Highlands. I expect the Dixie kids to play their hearts out this Thursday. Birds better not underestimate them. Never underestimate any opponent.

I saw where Dixie has given up 987 yards of offense in its first two games. I’m not sure the underestimating cliché is even applicable here.
Birds 52-20

Thoughts/Predictions?

Nope.

Highlands 49
Dixie Heights 13
Highlands 52-13.

Thoughts/Predictions?

More like "Can Pike prove he is a D1 QB?" This is the big-time. This is when Zeke either proves all the accolades were legit or just a great 2-day camp over the summer
Let's just say that a national top 10 team had better not let Dixie score a point and the game would be a running clock. If not, you have your proof of the credibility of national rankings.:flush:
Highlands-49
Dixie Heights-14
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Let's just say that a national top 10 team had better not let Dixie score a point and the game would be a running clock. If not, you have your proof of the credibility of national rankings.:flush:

Seriously, why would you even give a crap about whether the rankings are legit or not! Who cares! EVERYONE knows that all ranking systems are wrong, but why do people get hung up on it!!!!

Thoughts/Predictions?

To answer your question, no. Not enough weapons to stop the Bluebirds. Highlands by 3 TD's or more.
All Pike's big plays came on broken plays when he scrambled. HHS will try to keep him in the pocket and play QB. The will also put a defender in front and in back of #5 WR and not let him score on a long pass play. HHS will not blitz and just contain Pike and they do not think he can beat them if he is forced to stay in the pocket.
HHS wins 42-7
I forgot to mention that I hope they decide to play Pike at safety again.:biglmao::hilarious::biggrin:
sstack Wrote:I forgot to mention that I hope they decide to play Pike at safety again.:biglmao::hilarious::biggrin:
I was like surely they wouldn't have him playing safety two series in a row and they did.
sstack Wrote:All Pike's big plays came on broken plays when he scrambled. HHS will try to keep him in the pocket and play QB. The will also put a defender in front and in back of #5 WR and not let him score on a long pass play. HHS will not blitz and just contain Pike and they do not think he can beat them if he is forced to stay in the pocket.

False!!!
nptb17 Wrote:False!!!

which part is false? I can say for almost certain, that is their game plan. I might have forgot some plays but, most where on broken plays. At half time, that is exactly what coaches told some of HHS players that came up to talk to them.
Highlands-55
Dixie Heights-23

I would however like to see DH pull it off.
MVP2 Wrote:Highlands-55
Dixie Heights-23

I would however like to see DH pull it off.

You and everybody else who is not a Birds fan.
sstack Wrote:which part is false? I can say for almost certain, that is their game plan. I might have forgot some plays but, most where on broken plays. At half time, that is exactly what coaches told some of HHS players that came up to talk to them.

The first touchdown was not a broken play. The running back came out of the back field and did a little out and up which Pike threw it before he even turned up field.
nptb17 Wrote:The first touchdown was not a broken play. The running back came out of the back field and did a little out and up which Pike threw it before he even turned up field.
Also most big plays come from broken plays anyways.
nptb17 Wrote:Also most big plays come from broken plays anyways.

I disagree with this statement.