Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK - 81 Vandy - 84
"torQQue" Wrote:Not as long as Rondo is running the show.. I think he is UKs weakest Link

Exactly..I dont know what the hell is wrong with him, but free-throws aren't that hard to make...No excuse for that...
"alfus21" Wrote:18-12 would get us in, if at least 1 win is over LSU, Florida, or Tennessee...Plus they would have to win at least 2 in the SEC tourny, and then lose in a good showing to make it...

I agree. UK needs 20 total wins to get in.. Thats the only way excluding winning the SEC tournament and getting a automatic.
Hopefully they dont give up b/c if they go to the NIT bye, bye Tubby Smith !!! Hello Billy Donovon !
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:And this isnt the worse team we have had.
this is just the worse team we have had that we were not on probation or going thru some sort of turmoil.

Yea I agree. The team after the Sutton era that placed UK on probation when Pitino first took over was one of the worst.....
"alfus21" Wrote:Exactly..I dont know what the hell is wrong with him, but free-throws aren't that hard to make...No excuse for that...

Most High School guards shoot the rock better than him. We can blame tough defense either. Because no one guards him.

Rondo causes this team to play at a disadvantage.. The defense is always playing 5 on 4..
I love Tubby Smith, but no NCAA tournament appearance would most likely cost him his job...This team is just something I don't understand..Tubby's system has worked before..It has worked the last 3 seasons, but these guys just won't play Tubby ball...The defense won't do anything they're supposed to...
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Hopefully they dont give up b/c if they go to the NIT bye, bye Tubby Smith !!! Hello Billy Donovon !

Billy Donovan? Hell no....
I know one of those white boys deep on the bench that I have no clue of thier names would have to be a better shot than him.
"torQQue" Wrote:Most High School guards shoot the rock better than him. We can blame tough defense either. Because no one guards him.

Rondo causes this team to play at a disadvantage.. The defense is always playing 5 on 4..

Yeah he needs to realize they LET him shoot the ball for a reason..
"torQQue" Wrote:I know one of those white boys deep on the bench that I have no clue of thier names would have to be a better shot than him.

I guaruntee that Lemaster would shoot the 3 better, and at least make 2 of 4 free-throws...
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Billy Donovan? Hell no....

EXACTLY.. Keep his ass in flordia.
"alfus21" Wrote:I guaruntee that Lemaster would shoot the 3 better, and at least make 2 of 4 free-throws...

I bet your right.

But Tubby will not give this boys a chance.. I hope Rondo leaves..
"ZMG" Wrote:Because he was open... which is still the worst shot in the world for Rondo to take. If he's free throw line or beyond, there should be a ban on his shooting.

I still say UK would be better off without him.
"torQQue" Wrote:I still say UK would be better off without him.

I think we'll find out next year...Because I think Rondo hates college ball right now, and from what I can gather it doesn't look like his teammates cares if he stays or not...
I hope Rondo transfers to Alice Lloyd....
"alfus21" Wrote:I love Tubby Smith, but no NCAA tournament appearance would most likely cost him his job...This team is just something I don't understand..Tubby's system has worked before..It has worked the last 3 seasons, but these guys just won't play Tubby ball...The defense won't do anything they're supposed to...

Look at the players he had, Chuck Hayes, Eric Daniels, Tayshaun Prince, etc..
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Hopefully they dont give up b/c if they go to the NIT bye, bye Tubby Smith !!! Hello Billy Donovon !
Billy Donovon...i hope not...
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:I hope Rondo transfers to Alice Lloyd....
I doubt that he would be a star there either....
"blackcat" Wrote:Look at the players he had, Chuck Hayes, Eric Daniels, Tayshaun Prince, etc..

He's got three 5 star players on this team, that won't conform to his system...

Funny thing about this game is that Tubby showed how good he could coach in in the last minute and a half with UK down 10 his defense done waht he wanted, and his offense done what he wanted except for the Rondo 3 pointer...

This game was the UK player's game to lose...An intentional foul, down 3, miss both free throws, shoot a stupid 3 pointer...then you put yourself in a bad situation with an inbound play to tie....

With making both of those free-throws Uk would have only been down 1, and could have taken it to Morris down low to get the lead....The players didn't step up in this game...
"former_raider80" Wrote:I doubt that he would be a star there either....

Probably not, but it'd be a better fit for him....
"torQQue" Wrote:EXACTLY.. Keep his ass in flordia.

Yeah for real, the last thing Uk needs right now is Billy D to be coach and recruit such thugs as Udonnis Haslem, Matt Walsh and Jakim Noah
Nothing personal against "Orlando the Husband and Father", but this is against "Tubby The Coach" !

Drain the TUB !!! They have some t-shirts, bumper stickers and etc.

www.firetubbysmith.com
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Nothing personal against "Orlando the Husband and Father", but this is against "Tubby The Coach" !

Drain the TUB !!! They have some t-shirts, bumper stickers and etc.

www.firetubbysmith.com

Thats your opinion, and it is much like the people on that website...That website shows are ridiculous people really are in this state when it comes to Tubby Smith...It's sad that some people might actually spend money on something on there...
"alfus21" Wrote:Thats your opinion, and it is much like the people on that website...That website shows are ridiculous people really are in this state when it comes to Tubby Smith...It's sad that some people might actually spend money on something on there...

UK had the best chance in the world to win this game today and they could'nt get it done.

Vandy had given us the game to win. We had 2 free throws, and the ball back under 30 seconds left in the game, it clearly was ours to lose and we stunk it up. A "So Called" All american could'nt hit two free throws and we had to dribble the ball around down 3 until time almost ran out and forced a stupid shot.

This UK team is embarrassing. I told my friend with 5 minutes to go that UK will find a way to stink it up at the end, and true to UK form, I was soooo right.

I love UK and UK Basketball since my house and desk at work is a shrine to UK, but People take your blue shades off and stop drinking that BLUE Kool-Aid...this program is in turmoil guys, and it won't be better until the problems have been removed.
you guys crack me up. If he hadnt stolen the ball to start with and gotten tackled we wouldnt even be talking about his free throw shooting. Rondo is a great player and will go to the NBA and will be drafted. He isnt the first player on the team to miss key free throws either. remeber Sparks last year vs. Mich state. Their are others but Sparks supposed to be Mr. Clutch so everybody screws up.
Bad loss for the Cats, hopefully they can pull it together by the SEC Tournament.
"alfus21" Wrote:Thats your opinion, and it is much like the people on that website...That website shows are ridiculous people really are in this state when it comes to Tubby Smith...It's sad that some people might actually spend money on something on there...

i agree with you 100%, for the first time ever, them shirts and bumper stickers are the dumbest things i have ever seen in my life, something that kids would wear, and to beat it all, its adults putting together this website, thats the funny thing
"torQQue" Wrote:Sweeping in KY has become popular

lol....nice pic....SCRUB THE TUB!