Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
81.82%
Cintwood, VA
18.18%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard vs Clintwood,VA
What do ya think......ill take hazard by 14
Dawgs 34-10
What has Clintwood got? Anyone know anything bout them?
Clintwood is a big and physical team with good but not great speed

There D is set up to stop the run 1st with Pass coverage being a weak point That being said the WILL bring more people than can be blocked and will try to shake up the QB by hitting them early and often.

On O they try to be balanced but are without a doubt a running team with a big line and big backs with good but not great speed

In general they have struggled with spread teams so I have little doubt Hazard will put up points I think Hazard takes this one if they can make a couple of stops on D
After hearing some info on Clintwood and know that Hazard has a few injuries not sure if these kids will be ready for the 1st game or not but Clintwood by 4. If Hazard has there starters then hazard by 8
Hazard
where is it being played? if in hazard ill take dixons 28-6
dixons dogs*
Hazard
I dont know anything bout Clintwood to make a prediction. Good luck Hazard.
I'll say that Hazard wins by 20+.
Hazard - 38

Clintwood, VA - 21
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Where is it being played? If in Hazard I'll take Dixons Dawgs 28-6

This game is at Clintwood.
Clintwood by 10
Hazard by 12
Don't know Clintwood, so no score prediction, but have faith in Hazard's program.
What's the word on the injured Bulldogs?

Clintwood is going to be like a smaller, less deep Belfry.

Healthy Hazard wins by 21.
If Hazard is still missing their injured players it is a toss-up.
Less deep? yes ....smaller? No
You guys are forgetting that Pound High School closed so the Wise Co school Board send those boys over to Clintwood until consolidation is completed. They are consolidating 6 schools over there into three, so Clintwood gain some kids this year because Virginia High School rules are if you transfer out of county, you have to sit out one year. These kids really don't have a chance if they want to play. As for Clintwood they compete every year for a state title. They made it to State Semi Finals last year if I am not mistaken. Should be a dandy match, I am going with Hazard by a field goal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Go dawgs !!!!
Hazard - 30
Clintwood - 15
Hazard - 26
Clintwood - 12
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What's the word on the injured Bulldogs?

Clintwood is going to be like a smaller, less deep Belfry.

Healthy Hazard wins by 21.
If Hazard is still missing their injured players it is a toss-up.

Any Hazard team wins by 21+
cougarpride08 Wrote:You guys are forgetting that Pound High School closed so the Wise Co school Board send those boys over to Clintwood until consolidation is completed. They are consolidating 6 schools over there into three, so Clintwood gain some kids this year because Virginia High School rules are if you transfer out of county, you have to sit out one year. These kids really don't have a chance if they want to play. As for Clintwood they compete every year for a state title. They made it to State Semi Finals last year if I am not mistaken. Should be a dandy match, I am going with Hazard by a field goal.

Comparing Southwest Virginia state football playoffs with Kentucky playoffs is like comparing chicken salad and chicken poop. Kentucky is far superior. Virginia is superior when you get farther east around Richmond. They have one of the most confusing playoff systems. State semifinals looks good on paper, but it is nothing like the state semifinals in Kentucky.
I like Hazards new QB.. Evan Whitaker really has a great arm...
If you guys dont take Clintwood very serious, then Hazard could be in for some problems.

Clintwood is a very very hard nose team, that competes for single A state titles every season in VA. I believe in the last 4 season they have been to 3 state semis, and have won multiple state titles in their past.

I would compare they size and speed to a rich mans Corbin. Theyre a downhill running team that will line up in a lot of Pro I. #5 is very fast
will this game air on 101.1 or 97.9 anyone know?
cougarpride08 Wrote:You guys are forgetting that Pound High School closed so the Wise Co school Board send those boys over to Clintwood until consolidation is completed. They are consolidating 6 schools over there into three, so Clintwood gain some kids this year because Virginia High School rules are if you transfer out of county, you have to sit out one year. These kids really don't have a chance if they want to play. As for Clintwood they compete every year for a state title. They made it to State Semi Finals last year if I am not mistaken. Should be a dandy match, I am going with Hazard by a field goal.

Clintwood is in Dickenson County so I doubt the Wise County School Board sent kids from Pound High School.
I will take Hazard by 14.
Would be nice to know if this is goin to be on the radio as i will be in tenneessee for a weekend vacation.
I think alot of people from Clintwood would disagree with most of the predictions on here. They know Hazard has a good football program but they are VERY proud of their program in Dickenson County. FOOTBALL TOWN!!! The fan support reminds me alot of back in the day with the Whitesburg, Fleming-Neon rivalries. I have went to several games at Clintwood in the past few years and their fan support is top notch. Dickenson County is in the process of Consolidation of Clintwood, Haysi and Ervington Schools. Ervington is always very weak but C-wood and Haysi pretty strong. Haysi played LCC the first year LCC had a team and completely destroyed them. Dont overlook the Greenwave!