Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands makes a statement...35 - 14
After going to the KHSAA webiste it is confirmed that Region 3 host Region 4 in 2011. The State Semi will more than likely be held at Boyle, Lex Cath., Rockcastle, or Knox Central.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/20112014/
charlie22 Wrote:I have closely followed Mueller since he became Highlands head coach in 94. The one thing I've definitely learned: don't try to figure him out. The only predictable thing about the man is his unpredictability.

It was nice to see him have the Birds take a knee at the end of the game: then again, he busted my private 28 point win prediction for the Birds.

Hard played game by both squads. Congrats and thanks for the hard effort from both teams. Hester could definitely play for my team. Kid has no quit and a ton of heart.

Charlie!! You were trying to be convincing that you saw Boyle as the favorite going into this game, but really thought HHS would win by 28?? :dontthink
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Charlie!! You were trying to be convincing that you saw Boyle as the favorite going into this game, but really thought HHS would win by 28?? :dontthink

I have been referred to as the Lou Holtz of Highlands posters. :biggrin:

Actually my thoughts about the Boyle game that I posted on here were before I saw the Boyle-Rowan scrimmage on tape. After I saw the tape I did feel better about several matchups that would be present during the game.

Plus I figured our depth would make a difference and it did.

Come November and cooler weather, the depth factor might not matter as much. Then again, if a two way player goes out with an injury, there are two positions that needed to be filled by backups. If the normal "it's a long season" injury bug hits both teams equally, the two platoon system of Highlands may pay off once again if both teams are fortunate enough to advance that far.

Boyle has a very nice team. Coaches do a great job. The players work hard and are of a character that any team would be proud of. All around class.

Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the year.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think he did not want to give the Rebels something to get upset about and work harder because of. He knows that there is a good chance of the teams meeting again in Boyle Co. and the move he made will help his team in the long run IMO.

Perhaps, then again, I doubt that kids of the caliber and quality of Boyle are going to work any less to beat Highlands in a rematch just because Dale had Highlands take a knee, or would work any harder than they otherwise would if Dale had punched it in one more time.

That stuffs works to motivate players and teams that are not otherwise motivated enough on their own to work hard. I don't see Boyle fitting in that category. Same reason I doubt that the totally stupid comment made by the Highlands fan to the kids near the Rebel walk will have one iota of impact when those kids become varsity players in several years.

If Boyle needs that kind of stuff to get motivated to work harder, I guess my thoughts about the Boyle program are wrong. But I don't think I'm wrong about the Boyle program. Dale not trying to punch it in was nothing other than a tip of the respect hat for the the Boyle kids and coaches.
charlie22 Wrote:I have been referred to as the Lou Holtz of Highlands posters. :biggrin:

Actually my thoughts about the Boyle game that I posted on here were before I saw the Boyle-Rowan scrimmage on tape. After I saw the tape I did feel better about several matchups that would be present during the game.

Plus I figured our depth would make a difference and it did.

Come November and cooler weather, the depth factor might not matter as much. Then again, if a two way player goes out with an injury, there are two positions that needed to be filled by backups. If the normal "it's a long season" injury bug hits both teams equally, the two platoon system of Highlands may pay off once again if both teams are fortunate enough to advance that far.

Boyle has a very nice team. Coaches do a great job. The players work hard and are of a character that any team would be proud of. All around class.

Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the year.

Lou Holtz huh? I hear ya. Classier approach than boasting of an impending blowout anyway.

I think the players will respond in a positive way to the loss. They are not accustomed to losing and hopefully will make the adjustments necessary to earn another shot at the Birds in the playoffs.

Peace Charlie.
My observations.

Boyle County lost to the better team that night. It's unforunate but it's true. Highlands came into the game with a great game plan. They forced the inexperienced Boyle quarterback into some tough situations. He will only get better from this game. As for Hester, he was a stud, as expected. I believe he was the most impressive player on the field. He is a work horse and he showed it. I expected to see more from Patrick Towles. He threw for less than 50% and Boyle County dropped 3 int's. However, his drive before halftime was amazing. He looked great and poised, and if Highlands gets more of that from him, then watch out world. As for the coaching for the Rebels, they know what they are doing. However, I will say that at times, the offensive playing was a bit predictable. Great first week and everyone(players, coaches, refs, etc.) learned alot from this game and will get better. I cannot wait to see these two again. That film could make all of the difference when these teams meet up again, hopefully in Boyle's favor. And they will meet again. I just hope the shoe will be on the other foot. Congrats to the better team.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Lou Holtz huh? I hear ya. Classier approach than boasting of an impending blowout anyway.

I think the players will respond in a positive way to the loss. They are not accustomed to losing and hopefully will make the adjustments necessary to earn another shot at the Birds in the playoffs.

Peace Charlie.

And peace back at you! Good luck. I'm sure Boyle will take what they observed and get better. Highlands will also. They can play much, much better than what they showed Friday and I know Mueller was not happy with the way the Birds played.
im surprised by you boyle fans, jumping off the band wagon so early. that was great boyle team i saw in the first half. they just couldnt adjust to highlands' adjustments. I am still very wary of that boyle team. you take the giant pick six away and a second half last second score and its a touchdown game.

If boyle would have had devon cox the whole game and the quarterback had his head on straight it would have been a lot closer. these teams will evolve through the season and there will probably be a great semi-final rematch.

Why are the top 5 AAAA teams on the same side of the playoffs?
birdman44 Wrote:im surprised by you boyle fans, jumping off the band wagon so early. that was great boyle team i saw in the first half. they just couldnt adjust to highlands' adjustments. I am still very wary of that boyle team. you take the giant pick six away and a second half last second score and its a touchdown game.

If boyle would have had devon cox the whole game and the quarterback had his head on straight it would have been a lot closer. these teams will evolve through the season and there will probably be a great semi-final rematch.

Why are the top 5 AAAA teams on the same side of the playoffs?

I must have missed this! Who jumped off the bandwagon? IMO Boyle will be just fine come playoff time.
all the "clearly the better team" comments is what im calling jumping off the bandwagon. the playoffs and the first game of the season are two different things... 'Birds know to take Boyle very seriously come november.
French for president what does he being a fine Christan man have anything to do with him being able to throw a football? Him being a great kid has nothing to do with him playing terrible and costing his team a game. If he's going to be a quarterback he better be ready to take people speaking the truth about his performances.If he can't they better be finding themselves another quarterback because he will fold again later on down the road just like he did against Highlands. I remember when Brandon lost the Danville game for Boyle he was getting a lot of heat on him but he took it like a big boy and ended up being a pretty good quarterback but I don't see that kid turning out the same way if he needs his mom and dad's friends getting on here taking up for him.
cctiger Wrote:French for president what does he being a fine Christan man have anything to do with him being able to throw a football? Him being a great kid has nothing to do with him playing terrible and costing his team a game. If he's going to be a quarterback he better be ready to take people speaking the truth about his performances.If he can't they better be finding themselves another quarterback because he will fold again later on down the road just like he did against Highlands. I remember when Brandon lost the Danville game for Boyle he was getting a lot of heat on him but he took it like a big boy and ended up being a pretty good quarterback but I don't see that kid turning out the same way if he needs his mom and dad's friends getting on here taking up for him.

Not a Boyle fan, but I'll take up for him. Quarterbacks like pitchers require some patience to develop, that’s what truly great coaches do, they develop players. I'm also glad he's a fine Christian young man. There aren't enough of them!
cctiger Wrote:French for president what does he being a fine Christan man have anything to do with him being able to throw a football? Him being a great kid has nothing to do with him playing terrible and costing his team a game. If he's going to be a quarterback he better be ready to take people speaking the truth about his performances.If he can't they better be finding themselves another quarterback because he will fold again later on down the road just like he did against Highlands. I remember when Brandon lost the Danville game for Boyle he was getting a lot of heat on him but he took it like a big boy and ended up being a pretty good quarterback but I don't see that kid turning out the same way if he needs his mom and dad's friends getting on here taking up for him.

Alright... enough is enough. CCTiger, I am the kids dad, and I will let you know that he does not need me or any of my friends on here to take up for him. He is doing fine, willing to learn from this game and move on and get better. I can tell you that your bashing does not get to him in any way. If you would like to continue this discussion, I will be happy to meet with you face to face, man to man and talk this out. I assume that since you have such interest in Boyle football that you will be at the game Saturday. I will see you under the scoreboard at the 15 minute mark pregame to further discuss this if you wish, but it is time to keep the remarks off of a public board
birdman44 Wrote:all the "clearly the better team" comments is what im calling jumping off the bandwagon. the playoffs and the first game of the season are two different things... 'Birds know to take Boyle very seriously come november.

Basically we are admitting HHS is a better team. Right now.

Like any fan, we have hope for improvement and a 2nd chance at redemption. Until proven otherwise, the Birds are the better team. That's not "band wagon jumping" that is realistic and hopeful fandom. :Thumbs:
RebelPride Wrote:Alright... enough is enough. CCTiger, I am the kids dad, and I will let you know that he does not need me or any of my friends on here to take up for him. He is doing fine, willing to learn from this game and move on and get better. I can tell you that your bashing does not get to him in any way. If you would like to continue this discussion, I will be happy to meet with you face to face, man to man and talk this out. I assume that since you have such interest in Boyle football that you will be at the game Saturday. I will see you under the scoreboard at the 15 minute mark pregame to further discuss this if you wish, but it is time to keep the remarks off of a public board

RebelPride,

As a Highlands fan observing the game, I did NOT see a poor performance by your QB/son. He was very athletic, made some nice play fakes(scored TD on one), threw a tight spiral, and directed the offense well. As I understand, he doesn't have a ton of varsity experience. The defense put some pressure on him and the db's made some nice plays. A little more blocking that comes with the offensive line being more experienced will help him too.

I know it has to be difficult to ignore, but I wouldn't let a passionate guy (who likely never played any sports in his life) get you worked up. Your son is the QB for a reason. The coach, who's 43-2 over the last 3yrs thinks he gives your team the best chance to win. No need for you to get worked up by some donkey.
Just a thought. Maybe CCTiger's son is 2nd,3rd or 4th string QB?
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Charlie!! You were trying to be convincing that you saw Boyle as the favorite going into this game, but really thought HHS would win by 28?? :dontthink

You're just now figuring this out? Charlie is the king of the smoke screen. I fgured him out a long time ago.
jackal405 Wrote:First and foremost congratulations to Highlands. They came into Rebel stadium and smacked us around. Calls on the field come and go for both teams; however, at the end of the game if you are not within 7 points then you did not play well enough to win the game outright.
However, I did have one issue during the game, and I will try to put this as politically correct as possible. 99.9% of the fans from Highlands were great. However, one fan, a gentlemen in his mid 30s, turned out to be the 0.1%. While waiting for the rebel walk, several of the youth football players (8 and 9 year olds) that play in Boyle County were lined up waiting for the Rebels to walk down from the locker room. This gentleman, unprovoked, asked the young boys if they have ever witnessed Boyle Co. lose a football game. Responding to the gentlemen's question, the boys excitedly told the gentleman that they had not. The gentleman proceeded to inform the boys of the impending loss.
I want to thank this particular gentleman for being a complete (donkey) to a group of children. The announcer for the game was correct in saying "what goes around comes around". This act of arrogance was echoed through the air on the practice fields Saturday morning across the county. Overnight, every one of these boys have developed a deep hatred for Highlands, and have shared this story with many of their other 150 brothers that play youth football. I look forward to when these boys take the field in a few years, remember that comment, and do not take a knee at the end of the game but put another score on the board. When this happens, you will know why.
Next time, please inform the (donkey) that he is not welcome back until he learns to keep the kids out of it.

Does anyone have a mirror for this poster.:dontthink
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:You're just now figuring this out? Charlie is the king of the smoke screen. I fgured him out a long time ago.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Oh whackem, what is it about you that I enjoy so much? :Cheerlead
Most of the posts on here are hilarious. Highlands is likely the second best team in the state. Losing to them in week 0 isn't a big deal at all.

Casey will be fine. There were 4 sure first down passes dropped on 3rd and long in the first half. To the poster who didn't see those 4 drops...what game were you watching? All four passes hit the receivers in the hands. We have to make those catches against a team like Highlands.

The reason Boyle couldn't run the ball is because our O-Line lost the battle in the trenches not because we don't have the horses. Cox will have a great year running the ball as will Hester and Seph Burke isn't bad either. Don't have the horses? Are you nuts?

For the poster saying they were sucked in by the Boyle posters and picked Boyle that's your own fault, not ours. Do your own research. I wouldn't pick against Boyle if they were playing the New England Patriots. I ALWAYS pick my Rebels. Make your own picks with your own head next time.

BOYLE COUNTY WILL BE FINE!!!!!
Oh....and for you Monday morning armchair coaches castigating the coaching staff and their playcalling I say shut the entire hell up. You guys don't know squat. Coath Mason has won 7(COUNT THE RINGS) 7 rings calling plays. I think he knows what the hell he is doing. You don't like his play calling then take your butt down the road to Mercer County. Completely asinine to criticize his play calling after losing to THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN THE DAMN STATE!!!!!!!!!!

Dummies.
jackal405 Wrote:First and foremost congratulations to Highlands. They came into Rebel stadium and smacked us around. Calls on the field come and go for both teams; however, at the end of the game if you are not within 7 points then you did not play well enough to win the game outright.
However, I did have one issue during the game, and I will try to put this as politically correct as possible. 99.9% of the fans from Highlands were great. However, one fan, a gentlemen in his mid 30s, turned out to be the 0.1%. While waiting for the rebel walk, several of the youth football players (8 and 9 year olds) that play in Boyle County were lined up waiting for the Rebels to walk down from the locker room. This gentleman, unprovoked, asked the young boys if they have ever witnessed Boyle Co. lose a football game. Responding to the gentlemen's question, the boys excitedly told the gentleman that they had not. The gentleman proceeded to inform the boys of the impending loss.
I want to thank this particular gentleman for being a complete (donkey) to a group of children. The announcer for the game was correct in saying "what goes around comes around". This act of arrogance was echoed through the air on the practice fields Saturday morning across the county. Overnight, every one of these boys have developed a deep hatred for Highlands, and have shared this story with many of their other 150 brothers that play youth football. I look forward to when these boys take the field in a few years, remember that comment, and do not take a knee at the end of the game but put another score on the board. When this happens, you will know why.
Next time, please inform the (donkey) that he is not welcome back until he learns to keep the kids out of it.

Unfortunately all schools have fans who give the rest of us bad names. But most of us have the wisdom to accept that fact and not let it color our outlook on other fan bases.

Let me relate a similar story, but with the schools reversed.

In December 2003, Highlands and Boyle County were meeting for the Class 3A championship at the Papa John Stadium in Louisville. Boyle County was going for their fifth championship, while Highlands was after 15th championship. Boyle County was 14-0 while Highlands was 12-2. Highlands' loses were to Boyle County (22-21 @ Boyle Co) and Danville (26-25 in Fort Thomas) on consecutive weekends earlier in the regular season.

An hour or so before the game, my wife and I were in a restaurant (I believe it was an Arby's) near the stadium wearing our Highlands shirts, eating a sandwich and minding our own business. Two males that appeared to be around 18 got our attention (along with all other customers' and many of the worker's attentions, if you get my meaning) and blatantly informed us that we did not need to attend the game, because Boyle County was going to "stomp on the Bluebirds."

Obviously, they were very enthusiastic about their team's chances on winning the game, just like the above mentioned Highlands fan that you refer to by a derogatory term. Maybe I should have chosen that type of name for the two males mentioned above, but I did not, I know that they were just teenagers being teenagers.

Yes, Boyle County won that day (44-10) just as Highlands won this past Friday (35-14) in dominating fashions.

However, the difference is that unlike the Boyle County youth league players and yourself, I took it as pure enthusiasm on the part of two teenage fans and ignored the situation. Never mentioning it to anyone except my wife until today. Maybe someday, maybe you and the Boyle County youth league players will have the same wisdom.
Wise one Wrote:Unfortunately all schools have fans who give the rest of us bad names. But most of us have the wisdom to accept that fact and not let it color our outlook on other fan bases.

Let me relate a similar story, but with the schools reversed.

In December 2003, Highlands and Boyle County were meeting for the Class 3A championship at the Papa John Stadium in Louisville. Boyle County was going for their fifth championship, while Highlands was after 15th championship. Boyle County was 14-0 while Highlands was 12-2. Highlands' loses were to Boyle County (22-21 @ Boyle Co) and Danville (26-25 in Fort Thomas) on consecutive weekends earlier in the regular season.

An hour or so before the game, my wife and I were in a restaurant (I believe it was an Arby's) near the stadium wearing our Highlands shirts, eating a sandwich and minding our own business. Two males that appeared to be around 18 got our attention (along with all other customers' and many of the worker's attentions, if you get my meaning) and blatantly informed us that we did not need to attend the game, because Boyle County was going to "stomp on the Bluebirds."

Obviously, they were very enthusiastic about their team's chances on winning the game, just like the above mentioned Highlands fan that you refer to by a derogatory term. Maybe I should have chosen that type of name for the two males mentioned above, but I did not, I know that they were just teenagers being teenagers.

Yes, Boyle County won that day (44-10) just as Highlands won this past Friday (35-14) in dominating fashions.

However, the difference is that unlike the Boyle County youth league players and yourself, I took it as pure enthusiasm on the part of two teenage fans and ignored the situation. Never mentioning it to anyone except my wife until today. Maybe someday, maybe you and the Boyle County youth league players will have the same wisdom.

We all have our stories.

I agree with what you are getting at and that is, let's keep it to ourselves.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I wouldn't pick against Boyle if they were playing the New England Patriots. I ALWAYS pick my Rebels. Make your own picks with your own head next time.

I know this is OT, but I don't understand this mentality. I think it's just fine to be a fan of a team but objectively predict they will lose if they are playing someone like the New England Patriots.

It kind of makes the prediction threads useless if everyone is just going to blindly pick their own team.
RebelPride Wrote:Alright... enough is enough. CCTiger, I am the kids dad, and I will let you know that he does not need me or any of my friends on here to take up for him. He is doing fine, willing to learn from this game and move on and get better. I can tell you that your bashing does not get to him in any way. If you would like to continue this discussion, I will be happy to meet with you face to face, man to man and talk this out. I assume that since you have such interest in Boyle football that you will be at the game Saturday. I will see you under the scoreboard at the 15 minute mark pregame to further discuss this if you wish, but it is time to keep the remarks off of a public board

R/P, A game like this can only help your son develop into a better QB. Your job as a parent is to support your son and keep his confidence. Concentrate on the good plays and what he did right the coaches will take care of the rest. As for the jackwagon that wants to humiliate a fine young man on this site it proves he is either misinformed or just doesn't know what he is talking about. Kids are going to make good and bad plays, it's how he reacts to this learning process that will set him up for success. Best of luck to your son and the Boyle program!!!
Wow, reading some of the things on here I have observed - One fanbase is very confident in themselves, and another is very defensive and cares about what others say!
Stardust Wrote:Wow, reading some of the things on here I have observed - One fanbase is very confident in themselves, and another is very defensive and cares about what others say!

Great observation?

Did you know that Joe B. Hall was in attendance?
^ What is the connection with Joe B. That's pretty cool! If there was any game in the state to go to, this was the game!
Joe B. comes to a few Highlands games every year. I'd say Joe B. is a Highlands fan.
Guys get serious Boyle County is not even in Highlands league. Without a doubt the best team in the State.