Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheerleading showdown between ER @ SV
Hey!! last night the ((cheerleaders)) were almost more exciting than the game!!! It was crazy..both squads did well.. My ER showed some MAD tumbling skills and alot of class...it's hard to cheer while the blue crew it out!!!! and You girls brought it..and were so proud!!!!! Glad you were there to help us cheer our boys on!!

:Cheerlead
I think that it's great that you are showing your cheerleaders some love and respect for their hard work. :Cheerlead
ER girls always bring it, especially to Valley games. I think they are like cheerleading rivals or something.
I think SV outdone them tonight...
but both squads looked good
Well I watched on t.v. and valley was much better then there ER cheeleaders! But both groups was hot!
SV's Sara Ratliff gave everyone a new view of cheerleaders. After tumbling to half court she stood in the face of an ER cheerleader and screamed "Go Valley". This was one great show put on by the cheerleaders from both teams. I LOVED it! Everytime a timeout was called or between quarters the show was on. I believe the Blue Crew was a little bit more supportive of the cheerleaders at the game then the were the basketball players. This has to go down as one of the best cheerleading "competitions" I have ever seen. Sara Ratliff (clap calp calp calp)!!! Sara Ratliff (clap clap clap clap)!!!
"HeartOFaChampion" Wrote:Well I watched on t.v. and valley was much better then there ER cheeleaders! But both groups was hot!
ER Cheerleaders had 4 cheerkeaders not cheering that night. That is why Valleys floor cheers looked better. Considering that 25% of ER's squad wasn't there, I think

"!That Kid!" Wrote:SV's Sara Ratliff gave everyone a new view of cheerleaders. After tumbling to half court she stood in the face of an ER cheerleader and screamed "Go Valley".
What a classy girl!:boosign: Bet her parents are proud!
from wat I heard SV done way better and im not from Valley either but I think its good when a cheerleader has enough guts to get up in others fave and say "Go Valley" so guess what ER..... GO VALLEY
Yeah ER was missing half their squad and still looked just as good in my opinion.
In my opinion, both cheerleading teams done great.
"!That Kid!" Wrote:SV's Sara Ratliff gave everyone a new view of cheerleaders. After tumbling to half court she stood in the face of an ER cheerleader and screamed "Go Valley". This was one great show put on by the cheerleaders from both teams. I LOVED it! Everytime a timeout was called or between quarters the show was on. I believe the Blue Crew was a little bit more supportive of the cheerleaders at the game then the were the basketball players. This has to go down as one of the best cheerleading "competitions" I have ever seen. Sara Ratliff (clap calp calp calp)!!! Sara Ratliff (clap clap clap clap)!!!

That is called "bad sportsmanship" in every shape, way, and form of a cheerleader. I have been involved in cheerleading as a cheerleader, coach, judge, parent. If this would have been one of my cheerleaders, she would have found herself sitting in the stands until she knew how to conduct herself in the manner in which a cheerleader should be.

Leave the taunting to the fans in the crowd.
"the_phenom3" Wrote:In my opinion, both cheerleading teams done great.

I love cheerleaders!!!...lol
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:That is called "bad sportsmanship" in every shape, way, and form of a cheerleader. I have been involved in cheerleading as a cheerleader, coach, judge, parent. If this would have been one of my cheerleaders, she would have found herself sitting in the stands until she knew how to conduct herself in the manner in which a cheerleader should be.

This was not bad sportsmanship.. If you were there you would understand..but in no way did this young lady do anything unsportsmanlike.
I don't think they mean she was intentionally yelling at the specific girl. Just yelling to the ER side of the floor.
"the_phenom3" Wrote:This was not bad sportsmanship.. If you were there you would understand..but in no way did this young lady do anything unsportsmanlike.

I was going by what was stated on here by a poster...and if it happened the way it was stated it was most definitely bad sportsmanship.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I was going by what was stated on here by a poster...and if it happened the way it was stated it was most definitely bad sportsmanship.

well then that would mean that Jamie Case showed had sportsmanship in the Central game lol
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:That is called "bad sportsmanship" in every shape, way, and form of a cheerleader. I have been involved in cheerleading as a cheerleader, coach, judge, parent. If this would have been one of my cheerleaders, she would have found herself sitting in the stands until she knew how to conduct herself in the manner in which a cheerleader should be.
Thank You!! I agree 100%!!!!

"the_phenom3" Wrote:This was not bad sportsmanship.. If you were there you would understand..but in no way did this young lady do anything unsportsmanlike.
:wtf1: Where you there???? She was (is~cuz this isn't the first time I've seen her behave like this) the most unsportsmanlike cheerleader I've EVER (and I mean EVER) seen on a gym floor! It is sad, cuz she makes the whole Valley squad look like poor sports, and personally knowing a couple of them, I know their not all like her!!

"catsfan072" Wrote:I don't think they mean she was intentionally yelling at the specific girl. Just yelling to the ER side of the floor.
Nope...she was right in the face of an ER cheerleader. Now don't get me wrong, she was also yelling at the Warrior crowd a lot of the night too...but at one point she was right in the face of an ER Cheerleader.

NOW~with all of that off my chest, let me say this...
[indent]I LOVE a good basketball atmosphere!! I think that the Blue Crew was awesome (yep, I'm a die hard ER fan, but know a good thing when I see it, and they where great that night!) And I also think Valley Cheerleaders did a great job Friday night...especially considering that they cheered 2 ballgames (not an easy night for them). Their floor cheers where clean (with the exception of a couple of bobbles and one or two drops-like I said, they had to be tired from cheering 2 games) and sharp. Their sidelines went consistantly and their tumbling was great! It is to bad that they had this one girl....not mentioning any names....to take so much away from what they did right and make the whole squad look bad!!
[/indent]
:Cheerlead WARRIOR CHEERLEADERS:Cheerlead
did a great job too!!!
They was down 4 girls and still did a great job!
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:well then that would mean that Jamie Case showed had sportsmanship in the Central game lol

What does Jamie Case and his technical have anything to do with cheerleading??? Which he did get a technical for his actions!

I believe you are in the wrong thread! Take your comment to the basketball thread and leave it there.:lame:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:What does Jamie Case and his technical have anything to do with cheerleading??? Which he did get a technical for his actions!

I believe you are in the wrong thread! Take your comment to the basketball thread and leave it there.:lame:

it was a joke just trying to get u riled up lol i was just messing i actually thought it was a lame call...lol sorry i just had to say it...no hard feelings...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:it was a joke just trying to get u riled up lol i was just messing i actually thought it was a lame call...lol sorry i just had to say it...no hard feelings...

None at all...:thumb:
I was at that game, and thought the show was quite hilarious. I'm not sure how this showed 'class', but it showed fury and determination.

I payed for a basketball game, and got a show thrown in with it. Quite the spectacle. Most enjoyable.
I thought Lakan Looney outdone them all..IMHO...
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:I thought Lakan Looney outdone them all..IMHO...
YES! Not only does she out do everyone else...but she does it and makes it look so damn easy!!
imo- shelby valley girls took up for themselves and showed the opposing team that they were not going to back down from them intentionally tumbling into them- i think that our girls really put on a show and were well supported by our blue crew! way to go cheerleaders and good luck tonight against south floyd* and i do belive that lakan is the only person on ER's squad who has anything above a series- our squad has mutliple tumblers who all together account for more than one person*
Sara Ratliff wasn't showing bad sportsmanship, she was showing heart and pride, which makes a great cheerleader. Bad sportsmanship is purposely tumbling into the opposing team (ahem-ER), and yelling rude and obscene comments also to the other team (ahem-ER once again). Also, as much bad mouthing there is about Sara, I don't hear one word being said about the ER cheerleader, I believe it was Abby Runyon, who also yelled in Sara's face. It was Abby Runyon who also purposely tumbled into Sara to land in front of her.
So lets not try to be to bias and use this thread just so we can say mean things about Sara Ratliff.

-GO VALLEY-
I just have to say that Valley cheerleaders showed school spirit at all aspects of this game. And yes I was there and saw all that went on. Not one and I repeat that not one of Valley cheerleaders did anything out of the way. As always when ER gets beat at something they are quick at pointing the finger. Admit it ER you were out cheered, and out tumbled all the way. As for Sara she is a outstanding cheerleader and person all the way, and I can say this from knowing her for the past 12 yrs. Always quick with a smile and a true friend and yes I bet her parents are really proud of her as they should be.They have raised a fine young lady.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I was going by what was stated on here by a poster...and if it happened the way it was stated it was most definitely bad sportsmanship.

I agree that it was unsportsmanlike, but that unsportsmanlike conduct was displayed by both sides. Yelling in each others faces, laughing when others fell, and intentionally tumbling into each other is no way to conduct yourself.
Sorry--double post.
Stupid puter!
"The Dork" Wrote:i do belive that lakan is the only person on ER's squad who has anything above a series- our squad has mutliple tumblers who all together account for more than one person*
UMMM....I saw a lot of power tumblers on both squads! Lakan was the only full on the floor - from either team...but what does Valley have 'above a series'??
I'm not being smart ass here...but seriously, I don't know what you seen from Valley that ER didn't have. Maybe you was to busy watching the blue crew supporting them (which they did a GREAT job of) to see what all ER has.

"True Blue" Wrote:Sara Ratliff wasn't showing bad sportsmanship, she was showing heart and pride, which makes a great cheerleader. Bad sportsmanship is purposely tumbling into the opposing team (ahem-ER), and yelling rude and obscene comments also to the other team (ahem-ER once again). Also, as much bad mouthing there is about Sara, I don't hear one word being said about the ER cheerleader, I believe it was Abby Runyon, who also yelled in Sara's face. It was Abby Runyon who also purposely tumbled into Sara to land in front of her.
So lets not try to be to bias and use this thread just so we can say mean things about Sara Ratliff.

-GO VALLEY-
:wtf1:
OKAY~did you see any games between ER and Valley last year?? The 'above named cheerleader' (simply because I refuse to call anyone by name on here other than those that I support from ER) not only tumbled 'aggressively' towards our girls ALL of last year, but she TAUNTED our fans the entire length of the floor!! She would tumble all the way down to our cheerleaders (which last year she was the only one that did) and then instead of running back up the floor yelling towards Valley's side....she would yell at our side! It was the rudest thing I have EVER seen a cheerleader DO--EVER!
Quote:yelling rude and obscene comments also to the other team
:omg: Are you seriously going to go there -- ER being 'rude' and Valley NOT??

Quote:Abby Runyon, who also yelled in Sara's face. It was Abby Runyon who also purposely tumbled into Sara to land in front of her.

You obviously wasn't at this game...or didn't see this incident. I WATCHED 'the above mentioned girl' finish tumbling, stop, stand and move back and forth, SO Abby would tumble into her-SHE NEVER TOOK HER EYES OFF ABBY! I can assure you that if anyone (not saying that someone on ER's squad wouldn't do it...cuz I dunno) but if anyone was going to do this on purpose, it WOULD NOT have been Abby Runyon!! The look on her face, was an "OMG" look!! This whole thing between the squads actually started last year....ER's tumbling is just stronger this year, our girls are more confident, and frankly their tired of it!
Let me finish by saying that 'the above mentioned girl' IS NOT a 'mean girl'--actually just opposite, I've met her, and off the gym floor she is pretty cool. I agree that she was showing spirit and pride....but there is a line that can be crossed...and she has been crossing it for a long time! I remember her cheering in Jr high, and she has always tumbled down until she was right on top of the visiting cheerleaders.
I guess 'the bottom line is' Abby did nothing wrong!!

:Cheerlead GO WARRIOR CHEERLEADERS!:Cheerlead
"DortonWildcat5" Wrote:Yelling in each others faces, laughing when others fell, and intentionally tumbling into each other is no way to conduct yourself.
:Thumbs: