Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA 1 - Mexico 1
If there are any soccer fans on here, I would love to hear your thoughts on the game.

I thought the USA's performance was very promising for the future and aside from that this game was very fun to watch.
Not a soccer fan, but was interested in knowing how the US would fare against Mexico. Though I saw no highligts, I'm guessing a tie with Mexico was considered a win?
If USA wants to compete in Soccer internationally then it needs great players. A new coach to me doesn't do it. You need great players. The best of the best in America should be there. I know there is talent out there. USA needs to to that there has to be a way to find them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
^ Where are the best of the best at then???? I know nothing about soccer, but I do know that Soccer is not America's sport. The best of the best as you call it is considerably different than it is in the South American and European countries. In those countries, soccer is "King". The best athletes in their countries are playing soccer. In the US, the best athletes in the country are picking soccer after Baseball, Football and Basketball. The US will never consistently be a top level program. Yes, if the best athletes moved from Football and Basketball, then I agree, the "best of the best" could put the US on top forever!
I thought it was a good start to the new era for the USNMT. The result is not that important as it was a friendly and Mexico was without three of there better players. I liked the fact that the names were removed from the back of the jersey. He played a different formation than the team did under Bradley. I liked that we got to see players that we haven't seen before on this level and they produced the only goal of the game for the US. Klinsmans only had three practices before this game so I think when they play again in September we will get an even better look at how the team will be formed under his leadership.