Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Baseball 2012
I know school is just getting started and baseball season is a bit away, but I wanted to put a message out about scheduling middle school baseball games. If you would be interested in scheduling a game with Hazard, please drop me a message and see what we can work out. I believe our varsity schedule is almost complete so I should know soon about dates for our field.
How far are you willing to travel?
It is a pretty good haul for us but if we could get in a little round robin or something with another team from the area it might make it a little more interesting. We are going to have mostly a 7th grade team though so might want to wait a while to see if we are going to be able to put together a competitive team. Lost 16 8th grades from our conference champ team last year.
Would you be interested in coming to Anderson County for a spring break tournament April 5-7?
This is my first year with middle school baseball. I'm needing some clarifications on the bat rules. We have several 6th graders that will see playing time and i've been told they will have to use a drop 3 bbcore bat. The smallest drop 3 i've seen has been a 29in. That would mean my 6th graders would be jumping at lest 6 ounces in bat weight. What could i do that will best help this transition or do i have other options?
If your team is in conference check the conference rules. If not, there are not middle school bat rules. The high school rules do not cover middle school, and should not. I have seen little league/cal ripken kids still using their 2 1/4 bats. My team does not use these but, but we do use senior league big barrel bats with weight drops up to -10. I view middle school as a transition to high school and most middle school kids, with exceptions, are not ready to use -3 bats. I think -5 to -8 are the best transition weights and I prefer the these for my better 7th and 8th grade kids, weaker kids and younger kids I will allow to use up to -10.
Our conference is using the BBCOR bats, but they can be -3 to -9. I'm guessing that they make BBCORs that aren't all -3?