Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity ranked 9th in the Nation by Rivals
As much as i disagree with the practices of large private schools that throw around money, this is good for Kentucky football. Congrats Trinity. Keep it up.
BeReal Wrote:As much as i disagree with the practices of large private schools that throw around money, this is good for Kentucky football. Congrats Trinity. Keep it up.

Im with you on the whole private school bull that plagues our high school football programs, but you have to give it up for Trinity. They are heads and shoulders above the rest of the competetion in KY. Its not even close when it comes to the rest of the state.
And if it wasn't a private school from Kentucky it would just be filled with a private school from some other state. Might as well be Trinity.
This team is unbelievably talented, and some guy on this site earlier this month argued with me about them not having a top offense in the state, and they dont have that many D-1 players lol.

Jason Hatcher is the best defensive player in KY since Micah Johnson.
Congrats Trinity.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im with you on the whole private school bull that plagues our high school football programs, but you have to give it up for Trinity. They are heads and shoulders above the rest of the competetion in KY. Its not even close when it comes to the rest of the state.

Although it's only a scrimmage on Friday I guess we'll expect to see a blowout in favor of the Rocks v. Ft. Thomas Highlands
Back to thread, congrats to Trinity on the high ranking. Their schedule is brutal.
Is St. X even a threat to the Rocks this year?
Stardust Wrote:Is St. X even a threat to the Rocks this year?

I'd be surprised. Trinity is AT LEAST 3 touchdown's better than any team in the state.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Although it's only a scrimmage on Friday I guess we'll expect to see a blowout in favor of the Rocks v. Ft. Thomas Highlands

Of course someone had too mention Highlands. It's just a scrimmage. Whether Trinity wins by alot or by a little. It is what it says it is, a scrimmage. Nothing more.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Of course someone had too mention Highlands. It's just a scrimmage. Whether Trinity wins by alot or by a little. It is what it says it is, a scrimmage. Nothing more.

Tell that to the players and fans. For any school, anything against trinity, even a checkers match, is big. If, and i say IF Highlands were to somehow win, and they will not... try telling them it doesn't matter they beat Trinity in just a scrimmage.
BeReal Wrote:Tell that to the players and fans. For any school, anything against trinity, even a checkers match, is big. If, and i say IF Highlands were to somehow win, and they will not... try telling them it doesn't matter they beat Trinity in just a scrimmage.

Maybe I will? For Trinity and Highlands, I'm sure they will give it their all. Both teams have combined for 40 or so state championships. If it were a regular season game, it would be HUGE. However, it's just a scrimmage, make your argument for whatever reason but it means nothing. At the end of the day Trinity will still be 9th, even if they lose.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Although it's only a scrimmage on Friday I guess we'll expect to see a blowout in favor of the Rocks v. Ft. Thomas Highlands

Its possible. If Trinity is going to be as good as everyone says, than it should be.
There ranked 9th in the nation for petes sake. They oughta blow everyone in the state out this year.
Like i said, Trinity is head and shoulders above the rest of the state.....even Highlands.
They might not blow em out, but its just a scrimmage, the two need to schedule a real game if they wanna talk about one another, but both is to scared of picking up a loss on the year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its possible. If Trinity is going to be as good as everyone says, than it should be.
There ranked 9th in the nation for petes sake. They oughta blow everyone in the state out this year.
Like i said, Trinity is head and shoulders above the rest of the state.....even Highlands.
They might not blow em out, but its just a scrimmage, the two need to schedule a real game if they wanna talk about one another, but both is to scared of picking up a loss on the year.

Enough said. :Thumbs:

Otherwise, you are fighting a losing battle. Schedule the regular season game, then talk.
9th in the nation is crazy. I hope to catch them in action at one point. I don't think I said it yet, but congrats. Now go show everyone why you're ranked 9th.
Congrats to trinity
I give Trinity much respect because they have developed a dominant programe in Ky. However they are not the 9th best in the country. I don't even think are the best in this part of the country. I don't think beat Indinapolis Warren Central, Ben Davis or Cathederal.
Truecat Wrote:I give Trinity much respect because they have developed a dominant programe in Ky. However they are not the 9th best in the country. I don't even think are the best in this part of the country. I don't think beat Indinapolis Warren Central, Ben Davis or Cathederal.

Interesting. :popcorn:
A scrimmage is just that. Will see a lot of personnel and other types of things that you might not see during the regular season. Both teams will be working on their own offenses and defenses. The key is whether the game is competitive. The final score will be pointed to by the fans but, unfortunately, it is not the end all, be all of who is the better team.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Of course someone had too mention Highlands. It's just a scrimmage. Whether Trinity wins by alot or by a little. It is what it says it is, a scrimmage. Nothing more.

Confusedhh: If they see that they will get butt-hurt and we'll never hear the end of it.
zaga_fan Wrote:Confusedhh: If they see that they will get butt-hurt and we'll never hear the end of it.

You're right. We better keep that on the DL. :Thumbs:
This is awesome and I agree it is great for Kentucky high school football. My only problem is with Howie Lindsey. I mean has this guy been anywhere in Kentucky besides Louisville? Get a clue dude, we play football in the rest of the state too.

"I have my doubts whether a public school team from Kentucky could compete with some of the monster programs in other states," Lindsey said.

Seriously? Wasn't it just two years ago that Highlands was nationally ranked and beating up on the Cincinnati powerhouses? I agree we aren't as talent rich as some other states but come on it's not like Trinity and X are the only competitive teams we field on a yearly basis.
How great for Kentucky football Good Luck.