Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 players all time from your school.
Who are the top 5 players of all time from your school?
Rockcastle fans will laugh:

1. Aaron Cash

Everyone else, lol.
Shelby County:

1. Mike Casey
2. Terry Davis
3. Charles Hurt
4. Norris Beckley
5. A.J. Slaughter

I'm sure there are many other players from Shelby County that could be on the top 5 list but this is what I was able to come up with for now.
Lewis County
1. Ralph Davis Jr.
2. Jim Bloomfield
3. Tyler Clark
4. Billy Howell
5. Eddie Scott
Hazard

1. Johnny Cox
2. Jim Rose
3. Dickie Alexander
4. John Hagans
5. Carl Wallace
Hazard

All-Time

1. Jim Rose
2. Johnny Cox - Only a bulldog for 1 year
3. Carl Wallace
4. John Hagans
5. Dickie Alexander

Last 15 years

1. Jon Bentley
2. Justin Hicks
3. Cleve Washington
4. Jon Olinger
5. Josh Whitaker
Estill County

1) Delmar McGee
2) Brian Kiser
3) Kyle Christopher
4) Tristan Cackling
5) Clinton Dixon
M.C. Napier Navajos (in no particular order):

"Big Lou" Hoskins
Shannon Hoskins
Glenn Napier
Larry Napier
Denny Fugate

Lots of others that come to mind as well, but I tried to keep it to my top five.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County

1) Delmar McGee
2) Brian Kiser
3) Kyle Christopher
4) Tristan Cackling
5) Clinton Dixon

Clinton is a good guy, he's a good buddy of mine. but I didnt know he was a top 5 player down there
he's 3rd or 4th all time scoring list down here and probably the schools all time rebounding leader but the school doesn't keep rebounding stats. Probably could fit Blake Christopher in there some where. He was an outstanding basketball player
Jessamine county
1. Vince Bingham- Transy
2. Keith Peel- Missippi State
3.Mark Edwards- Juco
4. Paul Bingham- Sue Bennet
5. Essien Jackson- Kentucky State

West Jessamine
1. jared Polson- UK
2. Micheal Spann- Asbury
3. Cameron Jackson- Kentucky state
4. Ronnie Brown- Asbury
5. Brett Johnson- Asbury/ Embry Riddle

East jessamine
1. Butch Jointer- WKu
2. Jordan Redd- juco
3. Brett Durham- Thomas Moore
4. Eurich Downey- Lindsey Wilson ( I believe he didn't get to play)
5. Justin Sanders- ????
Shelby Valley/Virgie Highschool
1.Elisha Justice
2.Todd may
3.Rodney Rowe
4.Doe doe rowe
5.Ashley Hatfield
Perry Central
1. Ben Bowling
2. Daniel Combs

Other than that i'm not really sure, the mid 1990's are a little blurry to me. I just know that those are the 2 best to come from PCC so far.
Clark Co:

Linville Puckett -UK
Larry Gay- Florida State
Wes Burtner- Belmount
Preston Knowles -Louisville
Robbie Stenzel- Eastern
Vinny Zollo -Western
Pike Central

1. Hobo McCoy
2. Shawn Scott
3. Brad Lowe
4. Lance Bowman
5. Chase Lyons
Perry Central from what I can remember
1.Ben Bowling
2.Daniel Combs
3.Jordan Sheperd
4.Brandon Campbell
5.Travis Neace
Gold Charger Wrote:Clark Co:

Linville Puckett -UK
Larry Gay- Florida State
Wes Burtner- Belmount
Preston Knowles -Louisville
Robbie Stenzel- Eastern
Vinny Zollo -Western

Vinny Zollo? he was one of the most over hyped un productive players I have ever seen on the high school level. Cory Rogers had a much better & more productive high school career than Zollo, Zollo couldn't even take over a basketball game.

I will take Tim Strode before I would take Vinny Zollo on my team, at least he hit a big shot at some point in his career.
Mason County.

1.) Ronnie Lyons - University of Kentucky
2.) Tommy Corde - Ohio university
3. ) Chris Lofton - Tennessee
4.) Darius Miller - University of Kentucky
5.) Deron Feldhaus - University of Kentucky
6.) Shawn Myrick - University of Cincinnati
Covington Holy Cross Indians
1. Dave Hickey
2. Todd Clark
3. Andre McClendon
4. Don Meyer
5. Joe Harney

Covington Holmes Bulldogs
1. Doug Schloemer
2. Dickey Beal
3. Ricardo Johnson
4. Jack Jennings
t5. Bob Barton, Anthony Hughes, Austin Hill, Arrez Henderson

Tom Thacker was at Covington Grant before desegration, otherwise he'd be #1 for Holmes
king360 Wrote:Perry Central from what I can remember
1.Ben Bowling
2.Daniel Combs
3.Jordan Sheperd
4.Brandon Campbell
5.Travis Neace

NO.... Good career but had too many injuries and didn't get to play much... But he had a great post season his senior year.... Jordan also didn't play much his Junior year.... He just had too many ankle problems...
ekff Wrote:Hazard

All-Time

1. Jim Rose
2. Johnny Cox - Only a bulldog for 1 year
3. Carl Wallace
4. John Hagans
5. Dickie Alexander

Last 15 years

1. Jon Bentley
2. Justin Hicks
3. Cleve Washington
4. Jon Olinger
5. Josh Whitaker

Good list. Many people do not know that Johnny Cox was a Fleming-Neon Pirate before transferring to Hazard. Wasn't Cleve Washington only a one to two year player. Sizemore would also be another good one from the last fifteen years.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Vinny Zollo? he was one of the most over hyped un productive players I have ever seen on the high school level. Cory Rogers had a much better & more productive high school career than Zollo, Zollo couldn't even take over a basketball game.

I will take Tim Strode before I would take Vinny Zollo on my team, at least he hit a big shot at some point in his career.

Don't guess you saw Zollo hit the shot that beat Ballard in 2010. Did you see Zollo in the Beachball Classic, where he made all tourney team and was give the Mr. Hustle award against some of the top players in the nation? I would say the answer is NO you didn't. How many games have you seen Zollo play? Against Mason Co and in the regional tourney? Vinny did not play well aginst Mason Co this year, but you can't judge a player by one or two games. I have watched almost all of his games over the last 3 years and feel I am a better person to judge his overall playing.
I always heard that Setty and Zollo had some sort of deal that they wouldn't go hard against each other when they were guarding one another.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Good list. Many people do not know that Johnny Cox was a Fleming-Neon Pirate before transferring to Hazard. Wasn't Cleve Washington only a one to two year player. Sizemore would also be another good one from the last fifteen years.

Cleve Washington played varsity at Hazard as an 8th grader and his senior year. Yes Cox was only a bulldog for 1 year and won the sweet 16 in 55... Cox #24 is hanging in Rupp!!!!

Steve Sizemore would have been #6 on my last fifteen years list...
Cawood
Nick Sanford
Phil Cox
Greg Coldiron
David Hensley
Blake Hubbs

Harlan
Wah Wah Jones
Charles Thomas
Todd Cox
Dickie Parsons
Michael Jones
ekff Wrote:NO.... Good career but had too many injuries and didn't get to play much... But he had a great post season his senior year.... Jordan also didn't play much his Junior year.... He just had too many ankle problems...

He really did have the weakest ankles ever
Gold Charger Wrote:Don't guess you saw Zollo hit the shot that beat Ballard in 2010. Did you see Zollo in the Beachball Classic, where he made all tourney team and was give the Mr. Hustle award against some of the top players in the nation? I would say the answer is NO you didn't. How many games have you seen Zollo play? Against Mason Co and in the regional tourney? Vinny did not play well aginst Mason Co this year, but you can't judge a player by one or two games. I have watched almost all of his games over the last 3 years and feel I am a better person to judge his overall playing.

you said it, I didnt. Rogers was player of the year in the region, zolla been lucky to be top 5 ini voting last year
Platinum & Gold Wrote:you said it, I didnt. Rogers was player of the year in the region, zolla been lucky to be top 5 ini voting last year

Both are good players. Thread is best players from your school...I named mine. Glad you think you can judge the best players from your rival school.....:eyeroll:
ekff Wrote:Cleve Washington played varsity at Hazard as an 8th grader and his senior year. Yes Cox was only a bulldog for 1 year and won the sweet 16 in 55... Cox #24 is hanging in Rupp!!!!

Steve Sizemore would have been #6 on my last fifteen years list...

I'd put Steve over Washington. He was at Hazard his entire career and I feel like he was the better overall player.
Aslan Wrote:I'd put Steve over Washington. He was at Hazard his entire career and I feel like he was the better overall player.

Steve Sizemore had a great career but just going on basketball skills... I played with them both and Cleve was the most talented basketball player I've ever played with... Cleve didn't care about stats... If he wanted to he could have scored 20-24 points a game... But Cleve didn't score much against lesser teams... he didn't care about stats and that's why a lot of people over look him... Cleve didn't play basketball for 3 years and then came back to Hazard and was the 2nd best player in the region behind Dan Combs...