Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Cross Country 2011
With the graduation of Tyler Smith and Kelsey Mullins who is going to step up for the cougars? My guess is sophomore Chase Cates and junior Kelah Eldridge if she has 100% recovered from her injury. Go Cougars!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Watch out for Nick Boggs, Dillon Burton and Austin Bolling. Besides Smith graduating LCC are without two of there best boy runners who decided not to participate this year Justin Gross and Trevor Napier.

As far as the girls go Carleena Gose already stepped up last year as the top runner.
Went to a tournament yesterday in Virginia and Chase Cates placed second and Boys placed first overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Yes Chase is a great runner. I didn't mention him in earlier post, because he was already a standout from last season. How did Nick Boggs do?
Don't know. Grandmother of Chase told me how he did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Sally has one awesome CC team girls and boys. They all work very hard!!!
http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/LETC

great website to get runner results for your team
They have already ran three meets and not listed yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Their boys finished 2nd yesterday at the "Beast of the East", girls finished tied for 3rd but was beaten on a tie breaker by #6 runner. Pretty sure Cates was in the top 5 - 7, but official results haven't been released yet.
I was incorrect about the girl's team finish for LCC. They were 5th, but didn't have Carlenia or Kelah at the meet Saturday. Those two obviously would've been a huge boost for their team score.
How are they doing? Not heard anything lately.
Boys played 6th at the Southern Harrier Classic in Somerset. Chase Cates placed 16th out of 120 kids. Girls placed 8th! Don't know where they will be running this week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Beast of the East is quite the race, very competitive..
The one held in Owsley County correct?
Ballers Wrote:Beast of the East is quite the race, very competitive..
The one held in Owsley County correct?
Yes, the Beast is in Owsley County. The southern harrier was extremely competitive this year. Really big schools up there this year.
This race is run at fishpond lake. LCC boys ran an awesome race with 5 of the runners coming in under 18 min. Chase Cates ran a 16:40 coming in 1st, Austin Bolling ran 17:04 coming in 2nd. Chippie and Brad came in 3rd and 5th but I can't remember their times. The girls did a great job too with Kiesha leading the way.
Letcher swept the Area 9 team championships this past weekend. Boy's team completely dominated the field. Coach Hubbard has those kids running very well. Congrats to both teams.
Congrats !! to Letcher Central Best of Luck in the State...