Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents
After this lockout if lifted, teams can sign free agents. There are a lot of good FAs this off season. Who are some of the players, you hope your team lands.
QBs
Alex Smith
Matt Leinart
Matt Hasselback
Marc Bulger
Brady Quinn
Drew Stanton
Trent Edwards
Brodie Croyle
Kellen Clemens
Bruce Gradkowski
Rex Grossman

RBs

Ronnie Brown
Micheal Bush
Reggie Bush
Ricky Williams
DeAngelo Williams
Darren Sproles
Ahmad Bradshaw
Cedric Benson
Laurence Maroney
Cadillac Williams
Tim Hightower

WRs

Vicent Jackson
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Sidney Rice
Santonio Holmes
Braylen Edwards
Steve Smith
Mike Williams

This is just to name a few, here is the list of FAs.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html
I would love to see the Titans land QB Matt Hasselbeck (SEA).

Hasselbeck would be my 1st pick, 2nd would be a vet WR, maybe Braylon Edwards (Jets) or Mike Williams (Seahawks) to go along with Kenny Britt. 3rd, DL Pat Williams (Vikings)
I would love to see my Texans get Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, Randy Moss and Santonio Holmes
Strikeout King Wrote:I would love to see my Texans get Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, Randy Moss and Santonio Holmes

Texans got Andre Johnson (the best in the league) and you want them to have Holmes, Moss, and Jackson. Geez SOK lol.
^ lol. one receiver can't be on both sides of the field at the same time lol. if they got any one of the Receivers I mentioned I'd be fine but I do want Reggie Bush as the Running Back
I would love to see the Colts land: (CB) Nnamdi Asomugha, (WR) Sidney Rice, and (RB) DeAngelo Williams....LOL
Texans need no offense.

Smart Linebackers to not only contribute on the field, but learn a new defensive scheme fast. Also, anything would be an upgrade on this defense, lol.
Paul Posluszny (BUF)
Takeo Spikes (SF)

Give all the former gold in Fort Knox for one player to change the Texans from a losing team to a Super Bowl contender:
Nnamdi Asomugha (OAK)

Could you imagine the Texans, a team that can score at will with a shut-down corner to take away the top target AND putting players like Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing and Mario Williams in constant blitzing packages? WOW!

Roman Harper (NO) undervalued, could be picked for a fair price and is a good safety.
Alls I'm hoping is Nmandi re-signing with Oakland.
LWC Wrote:Texans need no offense.

Smart Linebackers to not only contribute on the field, but learn a new defensive scheme fast. Also, anything would be an upgrade on this defense, lol.
Paul Posluszny (BUF)
Takeo Spikes (SF)

Give all the former gold in Fort Knox for one player to change the Texans from a losing team to a Super Bowl contender:
Nnamdi Asomugha (OAK)

Could you imagine the Texans, a team that can score at will with a shut-down corner to take away the top target AND putting players like Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing and Mario Williams in constant blitzing packages? WOW!

Roman Harper (NO) undervalued, could be picked for a fair price and is a good safety.

is Slaton gonna be able to go? If I remember correctly he was injured last year (might have been just a few games)
Strikeout King Wrote:is Slaton gonna be able to go? If I remember correctly he was injured last year (might have been just a few games)

Man, Foster was the Texans man last year. He led the NFL in rushing yards. Why would you want to replace that?
LWC Wrote:Texans need no offense.

Paul Posluszny (BUF)
Takeo Spikes (SF)

Nnamdi Asomugha (OAK)

The Texans did get a upgrade on D, Wade Phillips. lol.
MVP2 Wrote:Man, Foster was the Texans man last year. He led the NFL in rushing yards. Why would you want to replace that?

Really!!! Foster is a top 5 back....
I wonder if the Bengals will be in the market for a RB
Strikeout King Wrote:is Slaton gonna be able to go? If I remember correctly he was injured last year (might have been just a few games)

I'm not sure. You are meaning as a solid back-up, correct?
^ Yes. No I wouldn't want to replace Foster. He's a running machine. but we do need a good back up
Stardust Wrote:I wonder if the Bengals will be in the market for a RB

I think the Bengals will resign Benson. Scott is a good RB outside the tackles, but they'll need a guy that can handle hitting between the tackles.

What will the Bengals do about DBs if they can't resign Joseph?
What will the Bengals do with Palmer?

Trade him or let him retire?
MVP2 Wrote:What will the Bengals do with Palmer?

Mike Brown will let him retire. This is what he told the media today

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011...ng-palmer/

“I honesty like Carson Palmer. He was a splendid player for us. He is a good person. I wish him well and he has retired. That is his choice. I’m not expecting him to be back. Carson signed a contract, he made a commitment. He gave us his word. We relied on his word and his commitment. We expected him to perform here. If he is going to walk away from his commitment we aren’t going to reward him for doing it.”
toussaints Wrote:Mike Brown will let him retire. This is what he told the media today

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011...ng-palmer/

“I honesty like Carson Palmer. He was a splendid player for us. He is a good person. I wish him well and he has retired. That is his choice. I’m not expecting him to be back. Carson signed a contract, he made a commitment. He gave us his word. We relied on his word and his commitment. We expected him to perform here. If he is going to walk away from his commitment we aren’t going to reward him for doing it.”

Wow.I agree with Brown on that.
Little of this subject but today NFL teams could sign undrafted rookies. It was a good day for former UK players.

Chris Matthews-Browns
Derek Locke-Vikings
Ricky Lumpkins-Cards
Mike Hartline-Colts
DeQuin Evans-Bengals.
MVP2 Wrote:Little of this subject but today NFL teams could sign undrafted rookies. It was a good day for former UK players.

Chris Matthews-Browns
Derek Locke-Vikings
Ricky Lumpkins-Cards
Mike Hartline-Colts
DeQuin Evans-Bengals.

Any word on any of them signing yet?
MVP2 Wrote:Little of this subject but today NFL teams could sign undrafted rookies. It was a good day for former UK players.

Chris Matthews-Browns
Derek Locke-Vikings
Ricky Lumpkins-Cards
Mike Hartline-Colts
DeQuin Evans-Bengals.

Welcome to unemployment, Peyton Manning Wink
Expect the Patriots to try to pay a few of these guys dirt and french fries to make a super-team
Cowboys released Roy Williams. Hopefully the Bengals make an offer
Ben Roethlisberger needs another weapon on offense!!! how great would it be to reunite Ward with Burress? But that will never happen after what Holmes and Ben did last summer. The Steelers organization will not take that risk.
Haselbeck not re-signing with the Seahawks, Come on to Nashville Matt!
Stardust Wrote:Any word on any of them signing yet?

Evans agreed to terms with the Cincinnati Bengals; Hartline will sign with the Indianapolis Colts; Locke will join the Minnesota Vikings; Lumpkin will sign with the Arizona Cardinals; Matthews will head to the Cleveland Browns organization. None of the players will sign until they officially report to the team later this week.
Seahawks have signed Matt Leinart and Tarvaris Jackson
Panthers have re-signed DE Charles Johnson to a 6-Year $72 Million Deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/680575...llion-deal
Looks like Leinart has a legitimate chance at being a starter again.