•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
From what I heard from multiple good resources yesterday at the Dustbowl.
Rhodes has a 6'10 PF/C and a 6'4 Guard.

Not sure how athletic either one of them is, but if it's true that he has a 6'10 Center look for them to make a lot of noise.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Thats why they call him Crazy Horse

Is this the first time we've been on the same side of an argument?
I just found out that the recruits have LOI's to some D1 colleges such as Baylor and Princeton LOL.
Lambert #1 Wrote:All that means is that Cordia is getting freshmen from around the region that could not contribute or compete for a position at their own schools. Now if he starts winning with those freshmen I will be interested.

maybe them freshmans wanna prove there ex schools wrong
zaga_fan Wrote:Is this the first time we've been on the same side of an argument?

Wow, cool avatar!!! lol
lol, I will be willing to make an avatar bet, what you want it to be?? PCC won't be near as good shape!!!!!!!!!! And if that avatar was thrown towards me you have the wrong guy!!!!! We all have our own opinions and our own arguements, but the fact is if Cordia had a solid big guy about 6'4" last year they would of finished above 500 and would of beat LCC one game.

First game against Cordia Davis and Roberts did play beat them 30. 2nd game Davis did not play the won by 20 some, in district neither played and they won by 11, yes not 15, 11. And for most of the game it was a single digit lead.

Against Hazard with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter Hazard was up 10!!

Against Buckhorn at Buckhorn Jon Stacy was out with a concussion and Matt Day at them alive. At Cordia when Jon Stacy played and held Matt Day to 14 points with 2 minutes to go in the 4th it was a single digit game.

I am not saying they was close to winning regional title last year or anything, but they wasn't as far away from playing with those teams the entire game and maybe upsetting some of them as all of you let on
Ballers Wrote:I just found out that the recruits have LOI's to some D1 colleges such as Baylor and Princeton LOL.

I heard Texas Tech.
Ballers Wrote:From what I heard from multiple good resources yesterday at the Dustbowl.
Rhodes has a 6'10 PF/C and a 6'4 Guard.

Not sure how athletic either one of them is, but if it's true that he has a 6'10 Center look for them to make a lot of noise.

I did hear of the 6'4 guard, but heard the other one is not 6'10, heard he is shorter than the guard. Won't know until the show up though.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I heard Texas Tech.

I think you're right.. Baylor and Texas Tech.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I did hear of the 6'4 guard, but heard the other one is not 6'10, heard he is shorter than the guard. Won't know until the show up though.
one is 5'8" and the other is 6' 2" and no varsity experience. very young.:popcorn:
tommy2 Wrote:one is 5'8" and the other is 6' 2" and no varsity experience. very young.:popcorn:

Must be on a really good team to get D-1 Scholarships while they're on the JV squad.
zaga_fan Wrote:Must be on a really good team to get D-1 Scholarships while they're on the JV squad.

:eyeroll:you got it figured out
tommy2 Wrote::eyeroll:you got it figured out

Unfortunately I must tell you how off base you are right now...
I heard the D1 talk as well. I hope, its true! Go Lions!
The two players I heard was coming are both guards. No for a fact one is listed as 6'4" and the other about 5'10" or 5'11". The 6'4" player has Texas Tech looking after him, also heard from a reliable source South Carolina. Both players are going to be Sophmore's
Crazy Horse Wrote:The two players I heard was coming are both guards. No for a fact one is listed as 6'4" and the other about 5'10" or 5'11". The 6'4" player has Texas Tech looking after him, also heard from a reliable source South Carolina. Both players are going to be Sophmore's

That is the D1 school, I heard. We all know we can't go by hear say though.
zaga_fan Wrote:Is this the first time we've been on the same side of an argument?

One of the few times but believe it or not you are my favorite PCC poster.
tommy2 Wrote:one is 5'8" and the other is 6' 2" and no varsity experience. very young.:popcorn:

That makes more sense.
It is rumored that the number #1 player in Texas was asked about transferring to Cordia and his statement was: They tried to make me go to Cordia but I said no no no.
All this talk about players that no one really knows anything about.... Lets just wait and see what they've got. I don't know how many times I've heard of players being looked at by D-1 schools and they end up at NAIA....

If everyone has heard players are coming and you all even know what schools are looking at them then PLZ what are the players names? Because if their that good we can look them up....
[QUOTE]High everyone, its been a while since I have been on here. Let me straight everything out here!!

Yes there has been freshman show up for Coach Rhodes but NO YOU ARE WRONG in saying its freshman that couldn't compete anywheres else. Its actually in-coming freshman that just graduated grade school and haven't even attempted to play for these big high schools because they want to play for an exciting and fun style basketball. Why does Calipari get all these top recruits, because they want to play his style basketball. Well these grade school kids are going to want to go to Cordia because they like most kids are going to want to score 80 points a game instead of 40 and 50.

Cordia will beat teams next year that are better then them just because of their style of basketball. You play that style and press the entire game you will just be in better shape then everyone else and will be putting up more points then the other team can even imagine of scoring.

Letcher Central will be hurting next year because there ONLY outside threat graduated, pack it in on defense and make LCC shot outside and they are Worthless. Wall2Wall is right, Cordia was not far behind if any behind LCC, with this style baskeyvball and Coach Rhodes they are a better team.

Cordia will more then likely lead the 14th Region in scoring and will no question draw huge crowds because of their style basketball. I would like for them to match up with PCC in the regional tourney next year so we all can see if PCC is capable of scoring more then 70 points. [/QUOTE/] like zaga said, pcc wont need 70 points to beat cordia lol. these ole perry boys can play by god! ..lol
ekff Wrote:All this talk about players that no one really knows anything about.... Lets just wait and see what they've got. I don't know how many times I've heard of players being looked at by D-1 schools and they end up at NAIA....

If everyone has heard players are coming and you all even know what schools are looking at them then PLZ what are the players names? Because if their that good we can look them up....

You are the HS coach why dont you let us in on what their names are? I know if your a HS coach you some sort of insight. Come on EKFF let us know!
Tailback44 Wrote:You are the HS coach why dont you let us in on what their names are? I know if your a HS coach you some sort of insight. Come on EKFF let us know!

lol, easy man.. Just because he's an assistant or coaches doesn't mean he will know what's going on at Cordia.
Tailback44 Wrote:You are the HS coach why dont you let us in on what their names are? I know if your a HS coach you some sort of insight. Come on EKFF let us know!

I think he has given us some insight. That some of these rumors may be BS. Freshman and Sophomores with a little potential, get letters from colleges across the nation. A good example would be Dakota Euton
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I think he has given us some insight. That some of these rumors may be BS. Freshman and Sophomores with a little potential, get letters from colleges across the nation. A good example would be Dakota Euton

If you scared go to church.
Bawlers, you are so witty. LOL
Rhodes was on WYMT last night -- He was on Issue's and Answers with Derek Forrest. A lot of questions where asked and Rhodes just basically told the viewers that he is excited to be at Cordia - He had the chance to take the Harlan and Owsley job but spoke with Jeff Shepherd about the ordeal before he chose the school. He will definitely be the underdog in the region. I hope he does good. Anything Cordia gets though is an improvement IMO.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bawlers, you are so witty. LOL

Minus the nickname you have dubbed me - I'll take the rest as a compliment.
:thanks:
Ballers Wrote:Minus the nickname you have dubbed me - I'll take the rest as a compliment.
:thanks:

The nickname was sincere. The rest is sarcasm
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The nickname was sincere. The rest is sarcasm

I guess you didn't get my sarcasm comment that I sent back then. Wink
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next