Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Co. Cheerleaders
"Team Spirit" Wrote:Well...we know the difference between the 2 comp. and we are still proud of what we won...nobody put hazard down so why start on us...if u go back and look at a thread about hazard..about 3 of sf's cheerleaders(myself included) said cangratz and GL to you guys...and we know what how everything went in the All "A" At Large...we messed somthings up and have been working very hard to fix them...Good Luck SF and all the other 15th Region squads...

I thank you for saying congrats to the Hazard Cheerleaders. But even if the SF cheerleaders did compliment them, they were trying to warn the Hazard Cheerleaders to watch out, and that they were taking the All "A" this year. The cheerleaders heard from other squads that the Sf were talking "crap" about them. These teams should stick together and support each other, not eat each other alive. Hazard and PCC are big enough rivals, Hazard doesn't need anymore. Even though it seems as if everyone is a rival with Hazard. Hazard Cheerleaders were impressed w/ SF's cheerleaders, they have came a long way, I give them credit. But girls, support each other, don't talk negative. U will remember that come competition time. Good Luck Girls!!
Well, I think SF has good cheerleaders, but both achs 's squads are good when they are at the top of there game...I guess we will just have to wait until districts to see who comes out on top.
i agree with what rebel mom said about prestonsburg ousley with the help from hamiliton is a good combination i think that prestonsburg cheerleaders are the best nuff said.
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:I am no expert but they all seem to hop all over the place.

hahahaha

best post ever!TongueirateSho
HTownCheer
I heard nothing but positive things about Hazard Cheerleaders from the SF squad. They thought they were neck and neck with Richmond Model but that Hazard deserved their win.
No rivals here, just mountain cheerleading at it's best!:Cheerlead
South Floyd Raiders cheer leaders are not only the best in Floyd Conunty they are the best in the nation
haha, yeah BigJ, they really proved that at Kapos too!
"BigJ" Wrote:South Floyd Raiders cheer leaders are not only the best in Floyd Conunty they are the best in the nation

I'm glad you have school spirit but be reasonable
I don't think anyone is trying to put SF down. They are good game cheerleaders and very deserving of that win. I think the problem everyone has is that when you say All "A" State Champs you misrepresent what you won. It makes it look like your taking credit for something else. Some squads perform better in game situations and some perform better in competition situations.
I think sf is really good..i also think bl is good...but ac is awesoem especially after what all they have went through this season...they have good tumblers...good stunts i have seen them do really good stunts they just dont use them all...and they're motions are really good..they have just went through a whole lot of crap this year...wiat till next year!
Let me just say this since cheerleading is over in the 58th.  Each school in Floyd county has great cheerleaders.  I go to AC and i have to say that it is awful about this 2 squad stuff.  Cause half the girls on each squad don't want to cheer and they are messing it up for everyone else.  They had one girl break her arm and one sprained her ankle.  They had to fix everything on the saturday before.  It didn't shock me that AC didn't place.  Don't think that i am dissing them cause i cheer on one of the squads. 
Floyd County cheerleading has come a long way, but it still has quite a way to go. Everyone thinks their squad is the best, but most making that statement are not well versed in the criteria of deciding that issue. I would hope that with as interested in cheer leading as things have become in Floyd County, they might actually try putting knowledgeable folks in the elementary schools and middle schools to build programs. Then again, this might fall under the "deciding one's own destiny" thread...lol... but until the Floyd County School System wants to level the playing fields (as it were) in cheer and make a policy to be followed, nothing is ever gonna change there. Every varsity, middle school, and elementary cheer coach in Floyd County should have to take the KAPOS AND NATIONAL FEDERATION tests. Instead of coaches calling people and trying to get someone else to give them the answers. They should have to attend camps and workshops to be kept updated in tecnique changes and rules changes and so forth. Knowledge is power. The people in these positions should WANT TO BE AS KNOWLEDGEABLE AS POSSIBLE FOR THEIR GIRLS AND BOYS! They should have to judge squads and so forth and be willing to be a part of something instead of always wanting to float their own boat and then get miffed and write proposals when things don't come out for them. C'mon Floyd County, stop being such ostriches... why don't you do something? Make the connections, learn the systems, and make them work for you and your teams.
Prestonsburg by Far! Is the best in Floyd County no doubt! I mean they have great tumbling, stunts,and motions they have it all. They really know what they are doing. Betsy Layne has bad motions and they dont know how to do stunts the correct way, South Floyd are alright they are better than Allen Central or Betsy Layne. Allen Central are okay they have good projection of their voices when cheering.
1. P-burg
2. SF
3. AC
4. BL