Number 18 Toyota
Team:
Joe Gibbs Racing
Sponsor:
M&Ms
Birthdate:
May 2, 1985
Rookie Season:
Started six races in 2004 with no top ten finishes. Won the 2005 Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors with wins at California and Phoenix.
Career Highlights:
2004 - First full Busch Series campaign. Finished second in points. Scored 5 poles and 5 wins on his way to becoming the youngest Busch Series Rookie of the Year ever.

2004 - Made six Sprint Cup series starts

2005 - First NASCAR Sprint Cup victory (California)

2005 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year

2008 - Moved to Joe Gibbs Racing and Toyota
The Future Of NASCAR:
I got to see Kyle drive in his first Craftsman Truck Series race ever at IRP in 2001. Kyle was just 16 years old at the time and already incredibly talented. That night at IRP he drove a smart, clean race and managed a 9th place finish.

NASCAR changed the rules after that race, raising the minimum age to 18 for the top three touring series. This forced Kyle to return to his roots, bide his time and polish his skills. He was picked up by Hendrick Motorsports in 2003 and quickly moved up through the racing ranks. With two wins and a host of impressive runs Kyle won the Sprint Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors in 2005.

Kyle is one of those drivers that is "special." Just watching him work in a race car is a beautiful thing. There is no doubt in my mind that Kyle will be a future Sprint Cup Champion.

Kyle is the younger brother of 2004 Sprint Cup series Champion Kurt Busch
I can not stand Kyle. But I got to give the guy credit. He can drive a car!