Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 Results
Did your team win or compete in a 7 on 7 tournament this week? Enter your results here on this thread. I'll start it off.
Betsy Layne 7 on 7 - Harlan ind. over Sheldon Clark 18-12.
So how was it that Tim Smith played in the 7 on 7 at Betsy Layne, and from what Ive been told, he scored a lot. Is he eligable?
Betsy lane,HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!
how did Estill do at Montgomery County?
When I left it was Mongomery had 6 tds and Estill had one.
Montgomery County posted a bunch of pix of that Estill game on their FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...7537930817
Phatness Wrote:Betsy lane,HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!

How so?
Beechwood went up against Boone today.
The varsity teams tied.
Both offenses could not be stopped, both could drive or get the big play.
10 drives each both were stopped 3 times.
People put to much into 7 on 7. It menas nothing.

There is nothing I hate more than watching coaches work hard to win 7 on 7 games.

How many teams truly play man under / 2 deep during the season?? NONE! 755 of them play cover 3. But yet they spend the entire 7 on 7 in man under / 2 deep.

Anyone can complete a pass when there is no one trying to knock the snot coming at you.

7on 7 can be a good tool if it is used correctly.
QBCoach Wrote:People put to much into 7 on 7. It menas nothing.

There is nothing I hate more than watching coaches work hard to win 7 on 7 games.

How many teams truly play man under / 2 deep during the season?? NONE! 755 of them play cover 3. But yet they spend the entire 7 on 7 in man under / 2 deep.

Anyone can complete a pass when there is no one trying to knock the snot coming at you.

You are right QBCoach,7 on 7 can be a good tool if used correctly. But, many teams get caught up in trying to win these tournaments and altering real game situations to do it. For example,How many teams put all their backs and recievers on the line of scrimmage without a back to help pick up the blitz and send all 5 recievers on routes. If they try that in a game they will get their QB killed. Also, some teams that are getting covered really well will try and just pitch the ball forward and move down the field 2 and 3 yards at a time. Thats not gonna happen in a real game situation. The object of the 7 on 7 should be to recreate real game situations and work on your routes and your QB's ability to choose recievers that are open,primary and secondary and so on. On defense a team should be working on their coverage techniques,checking off on recievers and covering thier area of the field in zone coverage. Really to get the most out of the 7 on 7,a team shouldn't worry so much about winning but performing their techniques to get better for a real game. If a team gets caught up in trying to win at the expense of the technique and the situation,then they lose out on a good learning experience. Winning at all cost in 7 on 7 is not going to get you a winning season when the season comes around.
John Hardin won Campbellsville University's passing tournament today. :Thumbs:
Phatness Wrote:Betsy lane,HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!

I dont know why you would say that. Its Betsy Layne not Lane by the way.

They did tie Harlan. Reminder, Harlan won the tournament. They beat Shelby Valley pretty handily. They played P-burg pretty tough. They lost but they played them pretty tough.

Not a bad day.

Also they done real well at KCU. They beat Fairview, Bath County, and Jonathan Alder Team B, but lost to Jonathan Alder Team A.

So, I dont know what you expect it is 7 on 7!
UKFootball Wrote:So how was it that Tim Smith played in the 7 on 7 at Betsy Layne, and from what Ive been told, he scored a lot. Is he eligable?

No Tim he aint. and if there was a left handed QB there or Coach Norman son Zach should not be there also. Maybe someone should call KHSAA.:ChairHit:
hawkeye Wrote:No Tim he aint. and if there was a left handed QB there or Coach Norman son Zach should not be there also. Maybe someone should call KHSAA.:ChairHit:

There definitely was a left handed QB at the tournament; his name is BJ Jarrell, who will be the Sheldon Clark QB this season.

It appears that District 8 3A is going to be extremely competitive in 2011. Of this I am definitely sure. But as the season progresses, we will see if Belfry does in fact prevail as the leader of the pack.
QBCoach Wrote:People put to much into 7 on 7. It menas nothing.

If it means nothing then there sure are a lot of teams/coaches eager to do it.
Most of the people that complain about coaches "working hard" to win at 7 on 7 are the ones that their team sucks at 7 on 7.