•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Perry Centrals football season.
Quote:Please, please, please get them to throw a bunch of screens and short passes to flats. Please.

now i might be wrong but in this case when you turn to trash talk it always comes back to bite you right on the a** in some shape or form, just remember that pal.:moon:
Yogibear Wrote:They threw a hitch because a DB was playing off about 20 yards because he was feeling sorry for himself and got lined up wrong. It was an audible. You'll never hear me whine about anyone running up the score. I could care less what the score is. A W is a W and an L is an L. I don't have any recommendations for PC. I just hope they come over here throwing all that stuff in the flats. Plus PCC won't see the same types of alignments Bell would any way. You really think HC would play a team who runs the ball like Bell the same way they'd play PC great purveyor of wisdom?

I dunno, bro.
Last time I checked HC plays everyone the same way.
I'm not going to get on here and take away anything from Harlan County(yet).
They were the best 5A team in the mountains last year and that is something you can't take away from them.
Perry has never been a football school and will probably never be one, but the skill players they have right now can really make a mark THIS year.
I know that defense and the guys in the trenches are where the real building blocks for a winning program are, but with the skill players on the Commodore roster they can work the run-and-gun offense like champions.
Last year they got punched in the mouth late in the season and it seemed like they got discouraged.
I fully expect a great season this year.
I don't mean I expect a 10-0 season, but I expect to take down Letcher, go the distance with Whitley, and as you all know....
I'm never going to predict Harlan over Perry Smile
Hazardsfinest Wrote:now i might be wrong but in this case when you turn to trash talk it always comes back to bite you right on the a** in some shape or form, just remember that pal.:moon:

It was all in good fun. PCC fans have thrown more trash at HC on here than anyone could imagine over the last year. HC people respect PC's program more than you know. I'd seriously rather have them throw short to those 4 rec they got than hit them deep down the sideline.
Quote:It was all in good fun. PCC fans have thrown more trash at HC on here than anyone could imagine over the last year. HC people respect PC's program more than you know. I'd seriously rather have them throw short to those 4 rec they got than hit them deep down the sideline.

i was just saying. besides i really don't think there is any respect what so ever between these two schools an the fans or at least they dont show it, i guess thats why HC runs the score up an keeps the jv on the sidelines the whole time, thats not healthy in the long run, but im not complaining at all 'cause a win is a win. im sure if pc had the chance they would run it up too.
Hazardsfinest Wrote:there is no other team in the mountains besides hazard high that has the skill players perry does

:popcorn:
Hazardsfinest Wrote:i guess thats why HC runs the score up an keeps the jv on the sidelines the whole time

I'd watch the film on that game again.....

I agree PC is going to be much better....but here is just an observation. When a team puts 50 up on you I'd be focusing on tackling and defense first, then worry about the short passes in the flat...
Hazardsfinest Wrote:just to clear some stuff up some of you said.
the truth is, every team is going to start off a lil "off" at the beginning of their season.
Im as big of a football fan as anybody especially for perry, i dont get on here very often though. but i think a lot of you non perry fans are underestimating these guys for real... perry will be a dangerous bunch of boys next season. haddix will have his team ready this is not the old perry county most of u are used to. of course we are gonna have our doubters an haters just like everybody, thats what makes this game so interesting besides the hard hits and the glory wins thats only earned by who wants it more an who is willing to give that extra inch, cause thats what its really about, inches... there is no other team in the mountains besides hazard high that has the skill players perry does but i know they cant do it alone. however i do not see them beating johnson county, unless they really click on all cylinders though out the whole game or unless matt puts an end to jj's rain, that will be an interesting match up. I do not see them beating harlan county either, i'd like to see it happen but it just won't, their to good of an all around team & i would't be surprised if they made it all the way to state. those are the only two teams that i know perry just cant beat. tough schedule i know, heck we all know but i honestly believe in these guys an think they will go 8-2. & you can criticize me all you want to cause we'll eventually find out whos right or wrong.

ill chalk up the wins all i want to, because opinions are like a**holes, & everybody has one. mark my words, perry will surprise a lot of people. just give them time to get rolling.

There is a team in Bell County that may have Hazard and Perry Central outmanned at every position with the exception of Robinson.
Hazardsfinest Wrote:now i might be wrong but in this case when you turn to trash talk it always comes back to bite you right on the a** in some shape or form, just remember that pal.:moon:

He should know, he comes from the trash talking capital of the world.
papagrit Wrote:Interestingly enough, I had a buddy tell me this particular quote is making the rounds on facebook between the Rockcastle players.:biggrin: I am so looking forward to this season. Good luck to PCC on your season.:Thumbs:

LWC Wrote:RockSolid and I had NOTHING to do with it Big Grin

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote::lmao:

I'll try to remind you guys, after the game as well so you all can post MVP2 was right on your facebook. Wink.

Naw, serious note. The Rock/Perry game isnt even a district game so my main focus on the season it taking care of district play and try to a better seed to get that 1st playoff win in school history.This schedule isnt watered down like the last few seasons so this will hopefully get them ready. As posted before hope everyone has a injury free season and lets get the show started!
MVP2 Wrote:I'll try to remind you guys, after the game as well so you all can post MVP2 was right on your facebook. Wink.

Naw, serious note. The Rock/Perry game isnt even a district game so my main focus on the season it taking care of district play and try to a better seed to get that 1st playoff win in school history.This schedule isnt watered down like the last few seasons so this will hopefully get them ready. As posted before hope everyone has a injury free season and lets get the show started!

Good Post.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There is a team in Bell County that may have Hazard and Perry Central outmanned at every position with the exception of Robinson.

Really....
Bell is good and I could guarantee that they have a handful of positions that they are better at.
However, to say that Robinson is the only player better at their respective position is utter lunacy.
Are you going to tell me that every WR Bell has is better than Hazard and Perry's?
Are you going to tell me that after Bell graduated Ben Madon that the new up-and-coming QB is already better than Kyle Huff?
Hazardsfinest Wrote:i was just saying. besides i really don't think there is any respect what so ever between these two schools an the fans or at least they dont show it, i guess thats why HC runs the score up an keeps the jv on the sidelines the whole time, thats not healthy in the long run, but im not complaining at all 'cause a win is a win. im sure if pc had the chance they would run it up too.

You've got to be joking because the RB who had almost 300 yards that night had never even carriedthe ball that year
zaga_fan Wrote:I dunno, bro.
Last time I checked HC plays everyone the same way.

Check again, it may appear that way to someone who doesn't understand it very well. That's hilarious. Do you really believe that they don't have adjustments from week to week?
zaga_fan Wrote:Really....
Bell is good and I could guarantee that they have a handful of positions that they are better at.
However, to say that Robinson is the only player better at their respective position is utter lunacy.
Are you going to tell me that every WR Bell has is better than Hazard and Perry's?
Are you going to tell me that after Bell graduated Ben Madon that the new up-and-coming QB is already better than Kyle Huff?

If you would look real close you would see that I used the word "may". It is no more lunacy then saying that Hazard and Perry Central have the best skill position players in the mountains. A handful would also most likely would be lunacy. I am saying the Bell County's second string in most cases(Johnson Central being the exception) is better then any other team in the mountains. Until Perry Central proves otherwise they are still just a good mountain football team, not a great football team. They have to obtain and sustain success against the likes of Harlan County, Johnson Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, Bell County as well as several other teams. This is THE year for them to prove themselves. They have several returning players and a strong Senior class. If Perry Central wins district and region instead of finishing fourth again, then we will discuss how superior Perry Central is and at what positions, but until then, they are still trying to climb the mountain while Bell County has been perched there for a very long time.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There is a team in Bell County that may have Hazard and Perry Central outmanned at every position with the exception of Robinson.
Really?Where are all those players that graduated last year going to college for football?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If you would look real close you would see that I used the word "may". It is no more lunacy then saying that Hazard and Perry Central have the best skill position players in the mountains. A handful would also most likely would be lunacy. I am saying the Bell County's second string in most cases(Johnson Central being the exception) is better then any other team in the mountains. Until Perry Central proves otherwise they are still just a good mountain football team, not a great football team. They have to obtain and sustain success against the likes of Harlan County, Johnson Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, Bell County as well as several other teams. This is THE year for them to prove themselves. They have several returning players and a strong Senior class. If Perry Central wins district and region instead of finishing fourth again, then we will discuss how superior Perry Central is and at what positions, but until then, they are still trying to climb the mountain while Bell County has been perched there for a very long time.

I can agree with everything in that post Wink
Hazardsfinest Wrote:i was just saying. besides i really don't think there is any respect what so ever between these two schools an the fans or at least they dont show it, i guess thats why HC runs the score up an keeps the jv on the sidelines the whole time, thats not healthy in the long run, but im not complaining at all 'cause a win is a win. im sure if pc had the chance they would run it up too.

You don't understand, dude.
They keep the JV on the sidelines to keep the score down.
3wishes Wrote:Check again, it may appear that way to someone who doesn't understand it very well. That's hilarious.Do you really believe that they don't have adjustments from week to week?

You must be a coach....
you hated on me last year when I said they didn't run the "spread".
I'm not saying they don't make adjustments.
No team could achieve the level of success they have without doing so.
All I'm saying is they come into every week with the mentality of forcing the other team to play their game.
Perry Central does the same thing in basketball.
All I'm saying is that I don't see Harlan County coming out in 5-wide sets and dropping back to pass all night.
I don't see them rushing 2 lineman and dropping back in zone all night.
Sure they can make adjustments like shadowing a strong linebacker, or trying to set up mismatches on the line, but overall it is going to look the same.
I understand it very well, my friend Wink
Hazardsfinest Wrote:just to clear some stuff up some of you said.
the truth is, every team is going to start off a lil "off" at the beginning of their season.
Im as big of a football fan as anybody especially for perry, i dont get on here very often though. but i think a lot of you non perry fans are underestimating these guys for real... perry will be a dangerous bunch of boys next season. haddix will have his team ready this is not the old perry county most of u are used to. of course we are gonna have our doubters an haters just like everybody, thats what makes this game so interesting besides the hard hits and the glory wins thats only earned by who wants it more an who is willing to give that extra inch, cause thats what its really about, inches... there is no other team in the mountains besides hazard high that has the skill players perry does but i know they cant do it alone. however i do not see them beating johnson county, unless they really click on all cylinders though out the whole game or unless matt puts an end to jj's rain, that will be an interesting match up. I do not see them beating harlan county either, i'd like to see it happen but it just won't, their to good of an all around team & i would't be surprised if they made it all the way to state. those are the only two teams that i know perry just cant beat. tough schedule i know, heck we all know but i honestly believe in these guys an think they will go 8-2. & you can criticize me all you want to cause we'll eventually find out whos right or wrong.

ill chalk up the wins all i want to, because opinions are like a**holes, & everybody has one. mark my words, perry will surprise a lot of people. just give them time to get rolling.

I'll show you one that does on August 19th.
Hazardsfinest is making it hard on us PCC fans lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Hazardsfinest is making it hard on us PCC fans lol

Rockcastle County has a poster or two like that. (Brag about shutting down the run while losing badly because they got passed all over.)

I feel for ya.
LWC Wrote:Rockcastle County has a poster or two like that. (Brag about shutting down the run while losing badly because they got passed all over.)

I feel for ya.

They'll feel the same about you after we get some revenge on Rockcastle!!!
lol

I remember suffering through those games!
The one in 2002 was my sophomore year and we had a pep rally the day before because we were off school the next day for some reason.
Coach Browne said it was the best game in the state that weekend and we took two pep busses to Rockcastle thinking we had a shot....
The score tells the tale lol

Oct 5, 01 Rockcastle County home 0 - 76 (L)
Oct 11, 02 Rockcastle County away 0 - 54 (L)
Oct 23, 03 Rockcastle County away 19 - 43 (L)
Oct 22, 04 Rockcastle County home 12 - 39 (L)
^Ouch! I remember the game with all the buses. That's rough. We actually had fans surprised and shocked when we lost games last year. Level-headed fans knew we were not gonna be very good the last 2 years. Two years ago when Rock won 5 games, we had a LOT of close losses (Knox Central, Pulaski County, etc....)

I hope this game is a good clean one. If I don't have class maybe I will see y'all there.
zaga_fan Wrote:They'll feel the same about you after we get some revenge on Rockcastle!!!
lol

I remember suffering through those games!
The one in 2002 was my sophomore year and we had a pep rally the day before because we were off school the next day for some reason.
Coach Browne said it was the best game in the state that weekend and we took two pep busses to Rockcastle thinking we had a shot....
The score tells the tale lol

Oct 5, 01 Rockcastle County home 0 - 76 (L)
Oct 11, 02 Rockcastle County away 0 - 54 (L)
Oct 23, 03 Rockcastle County away 19 - 43 (L)
Oct 22, 04 Rockcastle County home 12 - 39 (L)

I played in a few of those games. Don't forget the 2005 and 2006 games, which were 7-48 and 8-48, respectively. I'd be tickled pink to see a game against Rock where we actually got a W, or at least played them well, and I think we have a great chance to do that this year, I think it will be a great game.
zaga_fan Wrote:Are you going to tell me that after Bell graduated Ben Madon that the new up-and-coming QB is already better than Kyle Huff?

Osalonian is very talented with his feet....Extremely talented.
The only games i see them losing this season is Harlan and Rockcastle.
MVP2, IMO you have lost this bet bucko.
Ballers Wrote:MVP2, IMO you have lost this bet bucko.

I honestly believe that he is underestimating how much better Rockcastle will be. I am giving credit to PCC that they are better than they used to be, but Rock will still win a close one.
LWC Wrote:I honestly believe that he is underestimating how much better Rockcastle will be. I am giving credit to PCC that they are better than they used to be, but Rock will still win a close one.

Breathitt County though the same thing Smile
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next